Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   ADM dual pump problem (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166080)

gotpball44 08-18-2011 10:33 PM

ADM dual pump problem

Hey guys,
Hope someone can help me here or even adm. I been having this problem for months. Just lived with it because didn't have any time to bring it back to the shop to see what was wrong. So finally brought it to get it fixed cause originally thought it was a wiring mix up. So here is the problem. So when the car is filled up with gas it doesn't take long to go down to 3/4 tank, but then it stays at 3/4 tank for a while. I mean more than 100 miles at least. When i start the car up after sitting for a while it shows how much gas is in the car then quickly it rises back up to 3/4 tank. Then it starts going down fast when fuel is getting low. Then right when it passes 1/4 tank it falls flat on its face. The gauge is all the way down like the car is off. And if I try to put a couple gallons in it throws a check engine saying short in fuel sensor. We doubled check all the wirings and everything. We are stalling to drop the tank, but its looking like I got a faulty level sender or ecu or something. Has this happened to anyone else? Please let me know. Prob gotta ask adm to send a new kit and try the install again. Then I could send it back to them so they can see if there was something wrong with the hardware or software.

EsteSS 08-18-2011 10:41 PM

The only advice I can give would be to call Andy. He's very helpful and listens to what you have to say. I delt with him when I put my dual pump in and made a boneheaded mistake and he was patient enough to walk me through it. Havent had problems since. I've never personally been to the shop, but I can say I've always been happy when I get off the phone.

gotpball44 08-19-2011 01:25 AM

Yea gonna try to contact him, wanted to see if others had the same prob

Supercharged SS 08-19-2011 05:05 AM

Yup! Same problem here with the LPE dual pumps which is pretty close to ADM. Almost a year and no fix. It's bullshit that I have a 100k car with a faulty gas gauge. So far nothing from Lingenfelter. Teld told me he was going to contact them, again. There are many others with the same problem.

paul2010 08-19-2011 05:49 AM

Over a year ago Lingenfelter installed the dual pumps in my car and I have never had any problems with the guage and it's readings.

1 bad azz ls3 08-19-2011 06:28 AM

yea i have the same problem... adm fuel pump

10aSSee D 08-19-2011 07:48 AM

I have the exact same problem... Shows 3/4 of a tank and then falls flat on its face after awhile of driving. Hope we don't have to drop the tank for a fix because that just sucks!! I have the ADM pumps as well.

Jeff@Lingenfelter 08-19-2011 08:16 AM

fuel pump gauge issues

We have been working on this for quite some time and have not been able to duplicate the problem in our vehicle or fuel system dyno testing. Even though we have tried to simulate mis-install and numberous potential failure modes. In order to address this, we really need to evaluate a vehicle that has this issue to identify its route cause. Please pm me if you are experiencing this problem, and will allow LPE to have your vehicle to properly diagnose the problem at no charge.

jasycz28 08-19-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff@Lingenfelter (Post 3639528)
We have been working on this for quite some time and have not been able to duplicate the problem in our vehicle or fuel system dyno testing. Even though we have tried to simulate mis-install and numberous potential failure modes. In order to address this, we really need to evaluate a vehicle that has this issue to identify its route cause. Please pm me if you are experiencing this problem, and will allow LPE to have your vehicle to properly diagnose the problem at no charge.

I don't have a dual pump YET. But thank you for stepping up. :respekt:

69 Rebel 08-19-2011 09:17 AM

Ohh no my shop just installed ADM's pump yesterday. Hope its not one of the faulty ones.

CyberPredator 08-19-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff@Lingenfelter (Post 3639528)

That's serious.... Props to LPE

ADM PERFORMANCE 08-19-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberPredator (Post 3640246)
That's serious.... Props to LPE

We do have an update on this after evaluating for some time.

The fuel sensors can be adjusted with efi live.

If your tuners use efi live we can email them the
proper changes.

Or

Send us your ECM and we will update it
at no charge.

Sack Rat 2SS 08-19-2011 12:52 PM

I have the ADM dual pump system. About one month ago ADM installed the program referred to above. Gauge reads perfect. At exactly 1/2 tank indication I filled up with 9.3 gallons which is spot on. FYI :chevy:

10aSSee D 08-19-2011 01:10 PM

Definitely going to have mine done!!