Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Engine shuts off after installation of CAI (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272364)

ctbassman 01-21-2013 04:38 PM

Engine shuts off after installation of CAI

Need some help here. I just installed a K&N CAI on my 2012 SS, when I start the car it starts up perfectly then seems to stall and the engine shuts off. Anyone here with any information as to why this would happen would be of great help. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

quualudes 01-21-2013 04:43 PM

Ouch, that sucks! I don't have your car, nor the K&N CAI, but mine threw a CEL after installation so I pulled the negative battery cable and let it sit thinking that maybe I confused the computer with the different airflow. No problems since!

You might want to look at the MAF sensor to make sure its properly installed and not disconnected somehow.

Good luck!

Scott

tjk_art 01-21-2013 04:57 PM

I would assume some joint is leaking air, or the MAF isn't installed correct.

KSX 01-21-2013 05:05 PM

I have a K&N Intake on my 2010 2SSRS and no problems here.. Check your MAF and for leaks.. Probably a bad connection somewhere.

Bo White 01-21-2013 05:16 PM

I too have ran a Rotofab with ported TB on the stock computer without an issue. MAF issue or vacuum leak would be my first thoughts.

KRich2587 01-21-2013 05:17 PM

Make sure arrow on maf is pointing to the throttle body a minor leak most likely wouldn't stall the tube would have to be off loos maf connection car would just run in speed density mode with a cel check your maf installation

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android

litle88 01-21-2013 05:18 PM

That's cause it's rejecting it cause it wants a higher flowing intake lol!
Rotofab? CAI? Just saying lol

rontammy0 01-21-2013 09:35 PM

i just installed a k@n typhoon cai on my ss simple install with no problems....the maf is very sensitive make sure it is not damaged....i agree with the neg disconnect on the battery

heymatt 01-21-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo White (Post 6065126)
. MAF issue or vacuum leak would be my first thoughts.

What he said!

axis 01-22-2013 02:04 AM

I'll resound the above. Check the MAF first then look for leaks.

SILVERHAWK 01-22-2013 06:35 AM

I know that on my intake, the instructions tell you to disconnect the battery prior to install......I'm sure this is just precautionary, but this will allow the computer to reset and learn the new fuel trims with the new intake right away.
It really sounds like you MAF is installed backwards. I had issues when I first installed mine and thats what my mechanic friend told me would happen if the MAF was installed backwards.
you can also try some MAF cleaner just in case oil from the filter got sucked thru the tube and onto the MAF on initial startup. I had to clean mine (twice) and it cleared up my problems for the most part. The company and I had to argue over the over-oiled filter sent with the kit.....but let me say that when they sent me a replacement....the filter wasn't even close to being as dark red in color :cool::rolleyes:

SRT10KLLR 01-22-2013 11:54 AM

MAF is probably pointing in the wrong direction. It happened to me once, yes once, lol. The car would start up like normal then immediately shut off.