CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Oh no, I dun messed up (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586414)

red_johnny 12-30-2020 09:13 AM

Oh no, I dun messed up

2 Attachment(s)
Pulled into the garage and I felt I was crooked. So turned the wheel a bit and moved forward. Clipped the left side. Already ordered a replacement splitter. Going to see the body shop today.

FarmerFran 12-30-2020 09:16 AM

Meh, it will buff out

zaimer 12-30-2020 10:17 AM

So you swiped the garage going forward? Any damage is bad enough (I would almost be sick) but it could be worse. A good body shop will have the fixed.

Side note - are you running winter wheels? Looks like you have some meat on there haha.

joekd 12-30-2020 10:22 AM

Ouch, thats painful to look at

Accidents happen though

zaimer 12-30-2020 10:25 AM

One of best ones I had was I reversed the car (a previous, not my Camaro) into the garage, forgot to set the hand brake, and watched it roll into my snowmobile LOL. Thankfully there was no damage to either, from what I recall.

craigss50 12-30-2020 10:28 AM

Don't feel bad most of my dings/damage is done in the garage. Once a wall cabinet fell off the wall and hit the side of my 2004 Corvette which was pristine. Then while trying to get the car straight one day I was backing up with my drivers side door open so I could position it better and the door hit a standing cabinet and broke a piece off of the edge of the door. Fast forward to my Camaro and I opened my door and hit the handle to my vice which I had forgotten to swivel away to prevent contact and I put a ding in my door right next to my door handle where I would see it every time I got in the car. Luckily I had a PDR guy take the dent out. Sometimes I think I would do better to just leave it outside LOL.

zaimer 12-30-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigss50 (Post 10927741)
Don't feel bad most of my dings/damage is done in the garage. Once a wall cabinet fell off the wall and hit the side of my 2004 Corvette which was pristine. Then while trying to get the car straight one day I was backing up with my drivers side door open so I could position it better and the door hit a standing cabinet and broke a piece off of the edge of the door. Fast forward to my Camaro and I opened my door and hit the handle to my vice which I had forgotten to swivel away to prevent contact and I put a ding in my door right next to my door handle where I would see it every time I got in the car. Luckily I had a PDR guy take the dent out. Sometimes I think I would do better to just leave it outside LOL.

Corvette story :confused0068::smiling1:

:laughabove: Yeah, bring the car in so it is out of the weather...gets totaled sitting in the garage. :smiling1::smiling1:

jamala00 12-30-2020 10:39 AM

Ooops... It can be fixed, no worries... Don't lose sleep over it.

red_johnny 12-30-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaimer (Post 10927724)
So you swiped the garage going forward? Any damage is bad enough (I would almost be sick) but it could be worse. A good body shop will have the fixed.

Side note - are you running winter wheels? Looks like you have some meat on there haha.

Yeah going forward and yes winter wheels.

red_johnny 12-30-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joekd (Post 10927728)
Ouch, thats painful to look at

Accidents happen though

Yeah, hurt my pride pretty good...lol.

red_johnny 12-30-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaimer (Post 10927724)

Yeah going forward and yes winter wheels.

TP2SS 12-30-2020 11:12 AM

OMG, it's totaled!

arpad_m 12-30-2020 03:18 PM

Hey johnny, this is still better than me ramming the garage door in the SUV, backing out when the door wasn't yet open :D

To prevent most garage mishaps (we have kids in the house), I stuck strips of these on the walls, and they have done excellent duty in preserving door edges and body parts: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071HFTRCH

Also, I tend to maneuver very little or not at all in the garage, the doors are narrow and there isn't much space inside anyway.

Ademarco 12-30-2020 04:46 PM

Yeah those splitters definitely feel like they are going to tear off the bumper if you get the approach wrong on driveways or steep parking lots. Hope it is a painless fix.