Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Changed oem manual trans fluid (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294745)

johnnyp122 05-10-2013 08:13 PM

Changed oem manual trans fluid

All I have to say is night and day difference I highly recommend switching to full synthetic 75w-90. I used Lucas and the trans feels like a completely different tranny. 1st to 2nd is like butter. Never gets hung up anymore.

KaBoom1701 05-10-2013 08:56 PM

Interesting...

Anyone else do this?

sycraft 05-10-2013 09:01 PM

I switched to GM Syncromesh, it was a huge improvement. Plus with GM fluids they cannot deny warranty, well maybe they can with my mods....:D

Chevrolet Performance Synchromesh transmission fluid is designed for GM manual transmissions and is the recommended lubricant for all Tremec brand manual transmissions. It has been formulated with a partially synthetic base for excellent lubrication properties and does not break down after time. Chevrolet Performance Synchromesh transmission fluid can withstand high temperatures as well as cool, low temperatures

KaBoom1701 05-10-2013 09:02 PM

Wow, this seems like a simple way to gain a little tranny upgrade!

CHMSC 05-10-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycraft (Post 6529484)
I switched to GM Syncromesh, it was a huge improvement. Plus with GM fluids they cannot deny warranty, well maybe they can with my mods....:D

Chevrolet Performance Synchromesh transmission fluid is designed for GM manual transmissions and is the recommended lubricant for all Tremec brand manual transmissions. It has been formulated with a partially synthetic base for excellent lubrication properties and does not break down after time. Chevrolet Performance Synchromesh transmission fluid can withstand high temperatures as well as cool, low temperatures

I did the same as you and it's tons better!!

RenegadeSS 05-10-2013 11:37 PM

How many quarts? Is there a stock number for this?

nebchevy 05-10-2013 11:53 PM

I am very intersted in going this!! Whats everyone using for there tranny fliud? Is it tuff to do? I have never emptied a tranny

CHMSC 05-11-2013 02:33 AM

Four quarts. Get 5 to be safe. Ask at the parts counter at your local dealer they should have it in stock. Very easy to do. Hardest part is jacking the car up. Pull the fill plug first then pull the drain plug. The drain plug is on the passenger side at the end of the tranny, fill plug is on driver side middle of tranny. Fill tranny till it starts spilling out and you are done. Get a pump for the fluid from an auto parts store.

I also did my rear diff which was pretty nasty and smelly, I would suggest to do both at the same time. Got the gear oil at the dealer as well, it was the heavy duty stuff. I will try and find the part numbers for you guys. Use GM fluid and there is no worries of voiding your warranty.

RenegadeSS 05-11-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHMSC (Post 6530382)
Four quarts. Get 5 to be safe. Ask at the parts counter at your local dealer they should have it in stock. Very easy to do. Hardest part is jacking the car up. Pull the fill plug first then pull the drain plug. The drain plug is on the passenger side at the end of the tranny, fill plug is on driver side middle of tranny. Fill tranny till it starts spilling out and you are done. Get a pump for the fluid from an auto parts store.

I also did my rear diff which was pretty nasty and smelly, I would suggest to do both at the same time. Got the gear oil at the dealer as well, it was the heavy duty stuff. I will try and find the part numbers for you guys. Use GM fluid and there is no worries of voiding your warranty.

:w00t: Thanks a lot. I appreciate everything.

sycraft 05-11-2013 06:14 AM

only 2 quarts in a V6 car, the Aisen trans does not hold much

Manual Transmission Fluid

1.9 quarts

Lil' Nasty 05-11-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycraft (Post 6530524)
only 2 quarts in a V6 car, the Aisen trans does not hold much

Manual Transmission Fluid

1.9 quarts

What about slip addivtive?...

sycraft 05-11-2013 09:12 AM

Not additive in the transmission. Only the diff gets it

sycraft 05-11-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty (Post 6530765)
What about slip addivtive?...

Not in the transmission. Only the diff gets it

JohnnyBfromPeoria 05-11-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycraft (Post 6530826)
Not in the transmission. Only the diff gets it

And, it should be mentioned, ONLY the differential in a manual-shift car gets it. Auto V-6's don't have a limited slip rear end. Seems obvious, but you know how threads go.

John B.