Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Where are all of the old timers? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539648)

GossipSquirrelJelena 09-28-2018 06:44 PM

Where are all of the old timers?

Just wondering where the hard core 5th gen guys went. I was following Rontammy0 and royal tigers builds. But this section has been doa for a while. Somebody’s gotta have a cool mod to talk about.

rontammy0 09-28-2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena (Post 10324309)
Just wondering where the hard core 5th gen guys went. I was following Rontammy0 and royal tigers builds. But this section has been doa for a while. Somebody’s gotta have a cool mod to talk about.

Here ya but but we managed to get in a few runs...2017 Mustang 350 r in the other lane....no times just wins and loses.Its upside down and I cant figure how to fix it lol......

https://youtu.be/JxAPoV7kYKk

rontammy0 09-28-2018 08:22 PM

Heres that same fbo 5.0 from last year that pulled on me...it was 34 degrees and humid as hell....12.6 @ 110 was the best.

https://youtu.be/3oEmLH751S4

GossipSquirrelJelena 09-28-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rontammy0 (Post 10324367)
And one of the same fbo 5.0 that took me out last year....looks like the longtubes and better trans tune helped.

https://youtu.be/3oEmLH751S4

Nice. Nothing more fun than a close race. I sold the race car. It got to be more work than I was willing to do. I put a supercharger on the 15. No trailers. No checking plugs after every nitrous run. Life is good.:thumbsup:

rontammy0 09-28-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena (Post 10324372)
Nice. Nothing more fun than a close race. I sold the race car. It got to be more work than I was willing to do. I put a supercharger on the 15. No trailers. No checking plugs after every nitrous run. Life is good.:thumbsup:

Sounds good....thats the first time to the track this year...just havnt had time

GossipSquirrelJelena 09-28-2018 09:46 PM

Ill probably go more now that I can drive there. Bust off a few high 9-low 10 second passes. Then drive home. The 15 should be making right around 700 to the wheels. I haven’t really missed the race car. I miss the wheelies. And the amazing sound the engine made thru open headers. Everything else was just work.

rontammy0 09-28-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena (Post 10324425)
Ill probably go more now that I can drive there. Bust off a few high 9-low 10 second passes. Then drive home. The 15 should be making right around 700 to the wheels. I haven’t really missed the race car. I miss the wheelies. And the amazing sound the engine made thru open headers. Everything else was just work.

Your starting to see this more and more

ZEDL1 09-29-2018 11:26 PM

I'm still here. Never left. I've been busy with a move to the US, marriage, and my Z is still in storage in Toronto. I haven't done anything active lately, but I check in to our forum pretty much daily.

BLU DUCE 09-30-2018 05:21 AM

Well does 73 qualify as an [Old Timer] Cause I'm still here

GossipSquirrelJelena 09-30-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 10325061)
Well does 73 qualify as an [Old Timer] Cause I'm still here

Yep that’s old as **** to most people. I was just referring to the guys that keep this section interesting a few years ago.

Speaking of interesting. Did the kid with the turbo v6 ever get a 10 second slip like he was claiming the car would run?

rontammy0 09-30-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena (Post 10325404)
Yep that’s old as **** to most people. I was just referring to the guys that keep this section interesting a few years ago.

Speaking of interesting. Did the kid with the turbo v6 ever get a 10 second slip like he was claiming the car would run?

That car is still being built ....after all this time and money spent....you should still be able to hang with your car lol.

GossipSquirrelJelena 09-30-2018 08:47 PM

Im not interested in a race anymore. I was just wondering if the car ever made a pass? I’m going to give it a couple of weeks. and see if I can get a 9 second slip with the 15 GT. When the weather is perfect. I think it would be pretty cool to have a grocery getter with a full leather interior. Running those times. But if it don’t do the time. I’m not going to lose my mind. And throw more money at it like I used to do.

MagnumForceGB 09-30-2018 09:21 PM

I decided to stop dumping money into my V6 and start having fun with the V8. Ordered a Vortech V3 JT supercharger kit with ID1050X and 8-rib belt upgrade for my 2014 5.0 from team beefcake. Already have a 5c converter, boss 302 manifold, steeds cai, and baby kooks 1-5/8th long tubes catless. Stripping the supercharger accessories off my Camaro like the meth controller and tial Q BOV. Think I might be able to get into the 14's with that setup.

Goal for Camaro V6 is to finally get into the 12's without a power adder, thought I had it until I broke the input shaft on the transmission. I miss racing my wife and her Mustang V6, will be nice doing that with her again.

rontammy0 09-30-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena (Post 10325562)
Im not interested in a race anymore. I was just wondering if the car ever made a pass? I’m going to give it a couple of weeks. and see if I can get a 9 second slip with the 15 GT. When the weather is perfect. I think it would be pretty cool to have a grocery getter with a full leather interior. Running those times. But if it don’t do the time. I’m not going to lose my mind. And throw more money at it like I used to do.

Im not sure if he ever has had a pass yet..i just see an update from time to time. Im done with my car.....only thing i will consider is a cam