CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road Course/Track and Autocross (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=258)
-   -   Broken Moreno Motorsports Camber Plate (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510924)

TEX1LE 10-17-2017 12:21 PM

Broken Moreno Motorsports Camber Plate

3 Attachment(s)
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510624

This is carried over from the 1LE section. The link is to the original thread and initially I thought it was only the passenger side. I took my drivers side strut out last night and it was cracked in three places. The pics attached are of the drivers side.

Just to reiterate MMS has been very helpful and responded quickly to the issue and they're going to begin testing to isolate/correct the issue.

rotis 10-17-2017 01:38 PM

Wow, that flange is really thin. It doesn’t see any less vertical load than the plate it is bolted to, which appears to be nearly 3x the thickness.

Eric SS 10-17-2017 04:01 PM

OK, now I"m a little scared with this 2 day track event I have coming up in 1.5 weeks. It's already paid for and you can't just take these off because of the modification to the spring seat that had to be done. I'm going to check mine when I get home. I only have one (single day) event on them which was only 3 sessions on a smallish track. Can you see this from below the car without removing it?

NickyRacerBoy 11-28-2017 02:37 PM

Any updates? Looking for more camber then base 1LE will allow. -3 camber with R7 is what I like to achieve. Or is there some alternate means to get there?

THANKS!

nasbagoat 11-28-2017 02:51 PM

Last I read MMS modified the design and had sent a new set to Text1LE, I don't think he had gotten them yet.

NickyRacerBoy 11-28-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasbagoat (Post 9991231)
Last I read MMS modified the design and had sent a new set to Text1LE, I don't think he had gotten them yet.

:happy0180::happy0180::happy0180::happy0180::happy 0180::happy0180:

kropscamaro16 11-28-2017 05:54 PM

another one! in my dj khaled voice lol

Provoste 11-28-2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy (Post 9991219)
Any updates? Looking for more camber then base 1LE will allow. -3 camber with R7 is what I like to achieve. Or is there some alternate means to get there?

THANKS!

Elongate OEM camber adjustment slotted upper hole on the lower strut mount, then grind outer ridge on strut. Voila- -3 up front. Takes 30-45 min, I used a carbide bit. You don’t need to remove much material.

NickyRacerBoy 11-28-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provoste (Post 9991500)
Elongate OEM camber adjustment slotted upper hole on the lower strut mount, then grind outer ridge on strut. Voila- -3 up front. Takes 30-45 min, I used a carbide bit. You don’t need to remove much material.

:happy0180::bow:

TEX1LE 11-30-2017 09:07 AM

Update: I've received the new designed flange for the mid-plate assembly and it looks great and a lot beefier than the previous one, it looks like the thickness has doubled or maybe a little more. I have a track day this weekend and I'll provide an update afterwards and also post a pic of the new flange when I get a chance.

Thanks again to Justin for the quick turnaround time on the new part. Moreno Motorsports has been great to work with and I look forward to purchasing more products in the future.

TEX1LE 11-30-2017 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New design

Mjollnir 11-30-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX1LE (Post 9993354)
Update: I've received the new designed flange for the mid-plate assembly and it looks great and a lot beefier than the previous one, it looks like the thickness has doubled or maybe a little more. I have a track day this weekend and I'll provide an update afterwards and also post a pic of the new flange when I get a chance.

Thanks again to Justin for the quick turnaround time on the new part. Moreno Motorsports has been great to work with and I look forward to purchasing more products in the future.

I want to click "Buy now" but I'll hold off till your next post. Glad to see Moreno
Motorsports sticking by their product and customers.

PolynesianPowerhouse 11-30-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX1LE (Post 9993354)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX1LE (Post 9993411)
New design

awesome!!! I'm hoping the new design is just a simple swap out of the old plate. or is it a entirely new plate design?

TEX1LE 11-30-2017 05:50 PM

It’s a quick fix you only have to swap out the bottom piece on the pic I posted. If you look at the pics I posted previously the piece that’s cracked is the only revision to the design.