Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New Tunable Solo System (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93944)

GOINGSOLO2 07-16-2010 04:15 PM

Thanks BigRed...much appreciated...a happy customer is what's most important to us. That doesn't happen without excellent customer service and a solid, reliable, and effective product...and of course great supporting customers!

RCLapCar 07-17-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbrans5 (Post 2090443)
:rolleyes:

You can see the circle marked on the stock Solo exhaust in this picture. They just cut it out with a plasma cutter, then welded the tunable "J" pipes on. :thumbsup:

Actually I wanted to know where the other end of those pipes attaches to the car. It's not really clear from the pics where the closed end of the pipe attaches and how. Drilling holes into the bottom of a car I drive in our over salted winter would not be my first choice.

mrbrans5 07-17-2010 10:46 PM

"J" pipes

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RCLapCar (Post 2110655)
Actually I wanted to know where the other end of those pipes attaches to the car. It's not really clear from the pics where the closed end of the pipe attaches and how. Drilling holes into the bottom of a car I drive in our over salted winter would not be my first choice.

The pipes are only 30-35 inches long so there are no other hangers. I remember the guys discussing this issue when they were fabricating them but I don't know what their reasoning was. It feels solid anyways? I guess time will tell. One thing I'm confident of, is that the guys at Solo will make sure it’s right, and that you’re satisfied.

I just got in from a show at Centropolis (Weekend in Laval, Montreal) where the set-up was a big hit with the Solo enthusiast. The weekend also included a tour of the ACS Composite factory where they make some awesome aftermarket fibreglass parts for our Camaro’s and Corvettes.

:thumbsup:

GOINGSOLO2 07-18-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCLapCar (Post 2110655)

The end of the J pipes do not attach to the pipe...only in the front:)

RickRay 07-19-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbrans5 (Post 2110896)
The pipes are only 30-35 inches long so there are no other hangers. I remember the guys discussing this issue when they were fabricating them but I don't know what their reasoning was. It feels solid anyways? I guess time will tell. One thing I'm confident of, is that the guys at Solo will make sure it’s right, and that you’re satisfied.

I just got in from a show at Centropolis (Weekend in Laval, Montreal) where the set-up was a big hit with the Solo enthusiast. The weekend also included a tour of the ACS Composite factory where they make some awesome aftermarket fiberglass parts for our Camaro’s and Corvettes.

:thumbsup:

:coolpics:
After seeing and riding in yours..there is a difference, so
I'm going to book a day at the end of Aug with them for the set up...to see what they can suggest for me..maybe even Headers w/HFCC!!!!

Rick

kcox2010 07-23-2010 01:23 PM

j pipes

i have the high flow cats and solo performance mach xl with resonators and the j pipes for test for solo performace they wll be take it in monday they want ot had a second set of resonator to get the best tone the sound pretty answsome

kcox2010 07-23-2010 01:44 PM

video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-fyu9cJ3Kw

high flow cats with solo performace mach xl with resonators and j pipes
first start up of the day 80 degrees out still going to play with tone on monday

RCLapCar 07-24-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 (Post 2112337)
The end of the J pipes do not attach to the pipe...only in the front:)

Gotcha.

So..... any word on a version for the automatic? I had the Solo (V6 auto) installed on my car late spring and have been loving it. But if this can help take care of the drone I still sometimes get cruising on the highway I might just have to drop by the Mississauga shop and get it done.

GOINGSOLO2 07-24-2010 11:40 PM

We have a car coming in on Monday for some more testing :)

kcox2010 07-26-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 (Post 2139620)
We have a car coming in on Monday for some more testing :)

i jsut got my car back today they install a second set of resonator right after the high flow cats and the car sounds answsome and the response is very quick very happy with the setup right know will know more on friday goes for dyno and videos solo 100% excellent

mrbrans5 07-28-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcox2010 (Post 2145615)
i jsut got my car back today they install a second set of resonator right after the high flow cats and the car sounds answsome and the response is very quick very happy with the setup right know will know more on friday goes for dyno and videos solo 100% excellent

So from the high flow cat. back... you have 4 resonators and a cross-over muffler in your system? What kind of resonators are they? are they all the same?

:iono:

GOINGSOLO2 07-28-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbrans5 (Post 2152526)
So from the high flow cat. back... you have 4 resonators and a cross-over muffler in your system? What kind of resonators are they? are they all the same?

:iono:

The muffler is an X-design....true X pipe inside with the muffler built around it. The 4 resonators are from our same line and are designed specifically for their application:)

kcox2010 08-04-2010 04:42 PM

video

there are video on you tube under screen name kcox2405 video of system enjoy solo rocks

GOINGSOLO2 08-06-2010 01:23 PM

We have many more videos on our Solo Performance YouTube page. Visit our page here: http://www.youtube.com/user/SoloPerformance