Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cruis'n for the Troops (Great American Cruise) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104549)

Kycamaross 09-07-2010 06:28 AM

Cruis'n for the Troops (Great American Cruise)

Saturday Sept. 25th, 2010

Large gathering of Modern and Classic muscle (and other vehicles).

We will be transporting various donated items from Crestview Hills Town Centre, Crestview Hills, Ky (Northern KY. near Cincinnati), 68 miles to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH.

These Items will be flown to troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.

We will be sent off by members of the Yellow Ribbon Support Center. This organization was founded by the parents of Army SSgt. Matt Maupin. SSgt. Maupin was the only serviceman who was listed as MIA after his convoy was ambushed in Iraq. A video of him being held captive was aired by Al Jazeera TV. His body was found about a year later in a shallow grave.

This will be a large "convoy" of muscle for a great cause.

I will be there representing Camaro5 and NKYFBA (Northern Ky. F-Body Assoc.) I am calling out to Camaro5 members and anyone they know in the Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio area to join in this very special cause!!

As time goes by, people tend to go about their lives without many thoughts for our troops who are facing harm every day. Lets get together for a great cause with some great cars and show these brave men and women that they are not forgotten and that because of them, we get to own and drive these wonderful machines, as well as the very freedoms that we enjoy!!

Date: Saturday Sept. 25th. Meet at 8 A.M., Depart at 9 A.M.
Where: Crestview Hills Town Centre, Crestview Hills, Ky. (Northern Ky)
Traveling in a large convoy approx. 68 miles to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH.

If anybody is interested and would like some more information i.e. directions to Crestview Hills, Ky. Please feel free to PM me.

Thanks again for any support, and I hope to see you there. Either way, please keep our brave men and women in uniform in your thoughts and prayers.

Kail Clifton (Kycamaross)

Kycamaross 09-07-2010 11:40 PM

:(

KnightRiderSS 09-08-2010 12:00 AM

sounds cool...I have a friend that lives in Cinnci and I have that weekend off...might give me a reason to go and visit him

Gigachip 09-08-2010 12:00 AM

Interested, but sadly I cant go do due school and where I live. Sure hope you get the numbers to really make an impact and that things go well. :)

thespymaster 09-08-2010 08:08 AM

If it wasnt for the fact I would be in Las Vegas for the start of the Fireball Run, I would be thier for sure....

Thank you for Supporting the Troops!