Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Choose the Official Camaro5.com Sticker-Part 1 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1255)

TAG UR IT 07-25-2007 02:23 AM

Choose the Official Camaro5.com Sticker-Part 1

1 Attachment(s)
It's pretty much been decided that it's a go ahead to order some Camaro5.com stickers. With that being said, there's a lot that needs to be done. I want stickers. I know there's others that want stickers. But what do we have to do to get them done?

#1. We have to pick a design that the majority of us can agree on. This will be our first step. SO...everyone that has an idea for a sticker, please make your design and submit your idea by posting it up in this thread by July 29th @ 1800 hours CDT (Sunday). The size must be 1 1/2 tall x 10" wide or 150 X 1000 pixels. It must be this size (rear quarter glass size to kind of describe it) due to the size of the sheets of paper it can be printed on. I think we can get 10 stickers out of one sheet, but the paper it's printed on is expensive. So, we are trying to do it this way by getting at least 10 per sheet.

Moving on... Let's get this part knocked out first. Post up your designs. Stay within the parameters. Any questions, post'em up for either myself or Mindz. Shoot...I know I'm forgetting something here..we'll tackle color combos, fade, cut, and everything else in the next thread on Sunday night. (Please don't discuss this in this thread, but to help you with design patterns, the color choices we will have can be : multiple colors in one design, solid colors, and fade colors) Let's see what you guys got!!! Remember, your design could be chosen which would represent the crew at Camaro5.com!

If I may start out by submitting my personal favorite, Dragons fade...

Mindz 07-25-2007 03:18 AM

And just a note about Tag's post.

Proportions need to be 1.5 x 10. It doesn't have to be 1.5 inches by 10 inches etc. As long as the proportions are 1.5 x 10.

And the reason the stickers are slightly more expensive than normal bumper stickers is because it's going to be exactly as you see it on screen. The image will be printed on the vinyl so you can put a picture of bumblebee if you so wish and it'll come out exactly that way. If you want just base lettering, that's fine too. The limit as far as how intricate you can design the decal is however vast your imagination (and photo editing skill) is.

Silverado 07-25-2007 07:26 AM

I vote for the design that Tag posted above.

That color combo is the colors of the site (I know, currently) and I think it will look best on the Dark Blue with White or Silver stripes that I'll be getting....lol

Now if I could just get Nebraska to change our license plate colors, we'd be in business.....LOL

TAG UR IT 07-25-2007 10:42 AM

Let's keep this going folks. This thread is for ideas on what the sticker designcould look like. Once all "ideas" are posted, a new thread will be created for a poll in which the majority of that poll will decide the sticker type. This is thread is spedifically for sticker type! There are thousands of designs that could be made for this site. Dragons is just one of them (not trying to take anything away from ya!). If you like Dragons, let us know. Depending on participation, this thread might close early....might.

acscamarochick06 07-25-2007 12:56 PM

My favorite...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1185348184

Mr. Wyndham 07-25-2007 01:22 PM

;), ;), ;), ;)

Mine too! :thumbsup:

MerF 07-25-2007 01:27 PM

Clarify something, in the case like Dragon's design, is it just going to be the lettering, or will the be literally a sticker-style where the letters are on a black background?

And do we have the option for both in our design?

Mr. Wyndham 07-25-2007 01:39 PM

I should probably just let TAG, or Mindz answer, but as Far as I understand...It'll look just like you see it there.

TAG UR IT 07-25-2007 01:39 PM

This is just for a design right now. We will be doing die cut style and not bumper sticker style.

However, go ahead and post up bumper sticker style if you'd like. If it's really cool, heck...we just might get those too!

The idea is to have die cut stickers. We just need a design for the die cut sticker. After a design is picked out, we can choose if we want it to be a fade or solid color. I hope this answered your question, if not, Mindz can answer it for sure. He's doing the leg work on this for everyone.

If Dragons sticker was chosen from above, it would be printed out just like you see. But, they would use a cutter and cut the lettering out on a machine (making it die cut). I was told there was no extra charge for the die cut. This is why bumper sticker style could also be used.

MerF 07-25-2007 01:45 PM

Gotcha, that clears it up for me.

Mindz 07-25-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 17055)
This is just for a design right now. We will be doing die cut style and not bumper sticker style.

However, go ahead and post up bumper sticker style if you'd like. If it's really cool, heck...we just might get those too!

The idea is to have die cut stickers. We just need a design for the die cut sticker. After a design is picked out, we can choose if we want it to be a fade or solid color. I hope this answered your question, if not, Mindz can answer it for sure. He's doing the leg work on this for everyone.

If Dragons sticker was chosen from above, it would be printed out just like you see. But, they would use a cutter and cut the lettering out on a machine (making it die cut). I was told there was no extra charge for the die cut. This is why bumper sticker style could also be used.

The stickers will start out as bumper sticker style with the black background. I'm going to have my buddy at the sign shop cut out the letters for the people who just want the lettering with no background.

Silverado 07-25-2007 02:38 PM

The die cut style probably won't work for that particular design....or, at least for part of it....the "halo" behind the 5 won't show up in the die cut unless you cut it out too, then the 5 will look like it has a circle around it rather than a halo.

Just a thought....maybe the people that do this for a living have something they can do about that, so maybe I should have asked that as a question, not phrased it as fact....

Mindz 07-25-2007 04:54 PM

You're perfectly right silverado. The halo won't show up if it's just lettering. That's why we're trying to figure out what design people want.

TAG UR IT 07-26-2007 01:05 AM

Personally, I like the halo design, but know it won't come throught w/ a die cut sticker. That's fine by me. The differnent shade of blue in the 5 still makes it stand out.