Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Inner rear tires wearing out. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292215)

Brandonmos 04-29-2013 07:47 AM

Inner rear tires wearing out.

So i noticed my rear inner tires tread is wearing out. i have 5k miles so im kinda pissed off- my question however is, will chevy warranty a camber adjust or new tires?

600+ $ is a lot for a factory mistake in my opinion and though i caught it quite early its still noticeable...

AND on a side subject, what other sizes can i run on the rears that might be better wear rating/ cheaper (im in kansas and its often quite cold here so im fine with the non summer's.)

Chevrolet Customer Svc 04-29-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandonmos (Post 6482087)
So i noticed my rear inner tires tread is wearing out. i have 5k miles so im kinda pissed off- my question however is, will chevy warranty a camber adjust or new tires?

600+ $ is a lot for a factory mistake in my opinion and though i caught it quite early its still noticeable...

AND on a side subject, what other sizes can i run on the rears that might be better wear rating/ cheaper (im in kansas and its often quite cold here so im fine with the non summer's.)

Brandonmos,

Sorry to hear about your rear inner tire tread wearing out. Your bumper-to-bumper warranty (if in effect) covers defects in materials or workmanship pending an official diagnosis at a GM certified dealership. I would be happy to schedule an appointment for you. Feel free to PM me at your earliest convenience if you want to move these matters forward.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Brandonmos 04-29-2013 11:45 AM

thanks for the reply, pm sent

tramtwo 04-29-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandonmos (Post 6482087)

and pics...

JJKJ 04-29-2013 02:07 PM

Corvette Grand Sports experienced this same issue and many owners had success in having the tires replaced and alignment under warranty.

ORANGE CRUSSH 04-29-2013 02:16 PM

Michelin Pilot Super Sport(Max Performance Summer), this will probably be the next tire to go on my 1LE. I will drive my truck if it is snowing. For an A/S tire I don't know what others may be running. Good luck getting your tire issue resolved.

Dropspeed 04-29-2013 03:15 PM

To the OP, is it both tires or only one tire that is worn?

To JJKj: do you know if a TSB was issued?

Brandonmos 04-29-2013 04:03 PM

its both, if they lift it ill try to get pics but due to the barracks parking lot bieng packed- i cant and wont crawl under or near my car to get a pick :)

JJKJ 04-29-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dropspeed (Post 6483796)
To the OP, is it both tires or only one tire that is worn?

To JJKj: do you know if a TSB was issued?

No TSB and not everyone was treated the same by their dealer or GM. Some owners had them replaced with no effort and others had to fight to get it done. I'd post a link, but it's on a competing Corvette sight so I don't know if it's allowed. However if you go to the large "Corvette forum" .com and do a search in the C6 General Discussion area, you'll find tons of info.

Brandonmos 04-29-2013 04:51 PM

Im hoping to get the same treatment they did- with pics its quite obvious (still havent had a chance) so im thinking in person itll be a no- brainer to the tech that its factory camber being screwy

Legendary Umbra 04-29-2013 06:36 PM

You might want to get that front end checked out too it looks a lil' loose and in need of adjustment too! :)

Dropspeed 04-29-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJKJ (Post 6484108)
No TSB and not everyone was treated the same by their dealer or GM. Some owners had them replaced with no effort and others had to fight to get it done. I'd post a link, but it's on a competing Corvette sight so I don't know if it's allowed. However if you go to the large "Corvette forum" .com and do a search in the C6 General Discussion area, you'll find tons of info.

I did a search and did find a bunch of threads.

Thx.

JimE 05-02-2013 07:32 PM

I've also read this is one of the reasons to have the alignment done/checked at about the 1000 mile mark. Many people have reported the alignment needing to be corrected.

Dropspeed 05-02-2013 08:28 PM

Any updates from the OP?