Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   questions about my new camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153787)

Tomc01 06-19-2011 07:37 PM

questions about my new camaro

1 Attachment(s)
hi guys i bought my 2011 1LT RS convertible last night and love it

i do have a couple of questions

as i said i have the rs so i have the fog lamps and the owners manual says to push the headlight control to the left of the steering wheel (the circle you can turn left or right for automatic lights on/off etc) but the middle of the thing is solid the fog lamps work not sure if all the time i've only owned it since last night do they just come on when you drive or?

also any convertible owners when i stopped and turned off my car with the roof down then drove away again when i reached 8-10 mph a bell goes off with no indication as to what it is when i stopped and put my roof up it stopped and has not done it since (even after stopping/starting with the roof down again
appreciate any help :help:

Attachment 254842

Fuel Fire Desire 06-19-2011 07:41 PM

IIRC, the RS doesnt not have fog lamps, only DRL's. Mainly because HID's and halogens look odd together when both are on. So during the day, the lower lamps are on for safety, at night the top (HID's) lamps are on for visibility.

As for the bell, was the top all the way down? Could it have not been hitting the lower limit switch, so the car was yelling at you to not drive with the top in transit? My 4th gen vert had no such alarm (the top could be activated at any speed), but I could see how the new ones could.

Tomc01 06-19-2011 07:53 PM

thanks for your help at least i get them during the day then lol

no the roof was completely down i had driven maybe 10 miles no problem stopped got back in and the bells started only when you hit 8-10 mph and stopped after around 10 seconds but started again every time you went below 8 mph for stop signs/turns etc but then roof up no bells then i started and stopped with the roof down several more time this afternoon and there is no problem i'm hoping it was something like that the sensor for the roof being down just had a temporary glitch or something and it seems to just be that haven't had it again...yet lol

Bill F 06-19-2011 07:54 PM

There are a few threads on here that can help you make the DRLs stay on with the headlights if you are interested. I'm thinking about doing this myself.

OrangeVert 06-19-2011 09:19 PM

Tomc01,

Welcome to C5 & thanks for your first posts! Beautiful ride you have!

When you put the top down it has to get to the very bottom of it's cycle, otherwise it will think it's not all the way down yet. This happened to me last week, I couldn't pop the trunk because the top didn't think it was all the way down.

When you put the top down, push and hold the top down button, and the top motor should cut off when the top is all the way down and at the bottom of its cycle. Of course if you have already done this, please ignore.

Tomc01 06-19-2011 10:01 PM

thank you orange vert
just glad to know i don't have any problems
thanks for putting my mind to rest everybody :)

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-22-2011 09:22 AM

Glad to see you've gotten the help that is customary on Camaro5. If you ever have any problems with your vehicle you can let me know and I'll do what I can to assist you as well! I hope you enjoy your new Camaro!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Sidd218 06-22-2011 09:54 AM

Welcome and Congrats on the NICE Camaro!

PAUL SS 06-22-2011 11:07 AM

Congrats and welcome to Camaro5.

velociSSimo 06-22-2011 11:12 AM

Did you have your seatbelt on? It will alarm once you hit those speeds too. I think it gives an indicator on the dash though.