Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dyno results, LS3 w/AHR headers running E85 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36937)

E85LSX 08-11-2009 08:22 PM

Dyno results, LS3 w/AHR headers running E85

4 Attachment(s)
Ok guys, I finally got to the dyno tonight. My car is an SS M6 with American Racing Headers and tuned for E85. The testing was done on a Mustang dyno that supposedly reads low and the numbers are corrected for temp and weather conditions.

Max HP 420

Max Torque 400

The next mods will be a cam and Vararam CAI. . .

CamaroSpike23 08-11-2009 08:23 PM

very cool.

ADM PERFORMANCE 08-17-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E85LSX (Post 787836)
Ok guys, I finally got to the dyno tonight. My car is an SS M6 with American Racing Headers and tuned for E85. The testing was done on a Mustang dyno that supposedly reads low and the numbers are corrected for temp and weather conditions.

Max HP 420

Max Torque 400

Who did the work?

What dyno was this?Looks like some shop in new york based on the plates.

Andy

E85LSX 08-18-2009 06:50 AM

I do the installs and tuning, the dyno is kaltech's. Kaltech tuning is located in seatauket new York, these guys are great to work with and very knoweldgable, I definitly recommend them.

Next engine mods r cam and heads, I just have to figure out how to get this baby more fuel. I'm flowing around 40% more fuel than stock and this is the end of the stock fuel systems capabilities. The injectors r an easy fix, I have bigger ones, but the pump is a little tricky because if the Fuel Pump Control Module fitted on these cars. I'll keep everybody posted with my progress on the fuel pump.

P.S. My pedders system arrived today and I'm pschyed!! Pics will b up this weekend!

A.R. Headers 08-18-2009 09:53 AM

Guys, Great Job! Keep us posted on your mods and the results. Thanks for choosing ARH.

Nick

toehead93 08-18-2009 09:56 AM

Did you get any base dyno numbers before the headers and tune?

E85LSX 08-18-2009 12:48 PM

Nick, great set of headers. They fit perfect and sound AMAZING, no one believes how good and LOUD this beast is when they hear it. I don't have the carted system and I really think that's makes the difference in the sound cause she really screams!

I did not get baseline numbers before these mods but after researching everyone elses I'm guessing around 36X rwhp and torque stock. She definitly pulls much harder than stock though!

Ltdodge 08-18-2009 07:09 PM

are the fuel hoses on the camaro set up to run e85 without messing them up or did you run new lines?

E85LSX 08-18-2009 07:56 PM

I am not sure if the lines are designed for E85 but I do know they are designed for at least E10 which is what most gas stations offer. I am not an expert on every different materials compatibility with ethanol but I am a mechanical engineer and I'm assuming that if they used materials that could withstand 10% ethanol chances are these same materials can withstand a much higher ethanol content. Material analysis of the different fuel system components can confirm this theory but I really do not think it is necessary.

Instead I am going to keep an eye on the fuel system and if ethanol starts spraying out everywhere than I think it would be safe to say the fuel system was not designed for it. If this doesn't happen than it looks like I assumed right lol.

Mr_Draco 08-18-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ltdodge (Post 814549)
are the fuel hoses on the camaro set up to run e85 without messing them up or did you run new lines?

The Camaro's fuel line and the fuel injectors are not E85 compatible. They will need to be replaced eventually.

camaro1 08-18-2009 09:24 PM

the lines will last a long time,, i run my equinox on e85 when gas prices go up , i use a maft,, no problems ,, and i had an s-10 5.3 running on e85 with steel lines and rubber multi-fuel hose with no problems

IsoTorque 08-19-2009 09:17 AM

What numbers did you enter for the dyno, weight, HP @ 50 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by E85LSX (Post 787836)

Max HP 420

Max Torque 400

I am going to run on our dyno at work which is a mustang but we dont have the weight or the HP @ 50, what was used during your test, since the look up tables dont have the camaro?