Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brand Loyalty .....does it exist? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542206)

rontammy0 11-10-2018 07:04 PM

Brand Loyalty .....does it exist?

Yes it does. On my YouTube channel there is a truck channel that posts alot of different test on a variety of different 1/2 ton 4x4 trucks. I take alot of heat for having a 2017 Titan Pro4x. The comments bust every brand owners balls.They are just stupid...people that have no clue posting about one make or the other. I haven't had any trouble with other brand owners in my Camaro. Anybody have some good brand loyalty stories to share regarding your Camaro.

67 to 91 to 13 11-10-2018 08:32 PM

My first car was a 1967 camaro. I think the Mustangs are a nice car, but the thought of owning one feels like I would be cheating on a supermodel wife. Just can’t do it.

Ashn_G_1LE 11-10-2018 09:08 PM

I own two brands of cars in my household. Mercedes and Chevrolet! I am super loyal to both those brands and can’t find myself in anything besides those two. It’s been that way since I started driving and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

Bandit63 11-10-2018 10:27 PM

I’ve owned only GM vehicles for over 25 years. Then I started working for Nissan, have had a bunch of Nissan cars and one titan truck. Still have a Nissan 2013 Altima and 2012 Sentra for everyday cars. My truck is a 95 Chevy 4wd and I’ve always had a Camaro play toy car

Welker2 11-10-2018 10:29 PM

Yes, yes it does. My first vehicle was a 1971 Chevy Monte Carlo SS in 1976. Other then while stationed overseas, every vehicle since then I've owned has been a Chevy (a total of 17) with the exception of one. This has included 4 Camaros and 5 Corvettes. The one exception was a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee LE that I picked up at an auction for $2K for the wife. The reason I stick with Chevy is every one I've ever owned has been relatively maintenance free, extremely reliable and I have traded in or sold most with over 100K miles on them, some with over 200K and all still running strong. Can't say the same for my siblings who have owned problematic Fords, Dodges and even a few Toyotas and Nissans. :happy0180:

redcoats1976 11-10-2018 11:48 PM

i started out with fords,bought a 1966 tempest and hot rodded it,kept it 25 years.have had good luck with GM products so far.

Royal Tiger 11-10-2018 11:55 PM

I prefer German or Japanese but if we buy American I prefer GM although our fleet has all 3 US companies at the moment.

Aqua Blue RS/SS 11-11-2018 12:31 AM

My signature tells my story. I’ve owned a few more chevys than what’s currently listed. Only things non Chevy were a 2003 vw Passat(junk:long gone) and my Grand Cherokee which I love. I even chose a Sierra 2500 as my company truck when I could have had a more loaded ford. My dad raised me on the bow tie and I’m doing the same with my son.

PDXSSCE 11-11-2018 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rontammy0 (Post 10359802)
Yes it does. On my YouTube channel there is a truck channel that posts alot of different test on a variety of different 1/2 ton 4x4 trucks. I take alot of heat for having a 2017 Titan Pro4x. The comments bust every brand owners balls.They are just stupid...people that have no clue posting about one make or the other. I haven't had any trouble with other brand owners in my Camaro. Anybody have some good brand loyalty stories to share regarding your Camaro.

Brands need to be loyal to me in quality & service, since I'm spending my hard earned money, before I'll be loyal to them. I refuse to be a mindless fanboy.

The worst cases are the Mopar crowd. FCA tosses a 12+ year old platform at them, with some refreshes & various decal & wheels packages, & they're giddy about it. Not to mention that the vehicles rank among the lowest in quality.

pyroguy 11-11-2018 05:56 AM

I've been GM loyal through my vehicle ownership, but almost exclusively Chevy. The exceptions were an '09 G8 GT and an '02 Grand Am. Other than that its been an '84 Caprice Classic, '00 S-10 Blazer, my Camaro, and a '14 Impala.

I DD Ford trucks, but that's because they're work provided. However, I will say Ford has done their homework on their trucks. I've been overall pleased with them.

Avenging Orange 11-11-2018 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDXSSCE (Post 10359970)
Brands need to be loyal to me in quality & service, since I'm spending my hard earned money, before I'll be loyal to them. I refuse to be a mindless fanboy.

The worst cases are the Mopar crowd. FCA tosses a 12+ year old platform at them, with some refreshes & various decal & wheels packages, & they're giddy about it. Not to mention that the vehicles rank among the lowest in quality.

And that's sad....I started out a big Mopar fan....but I would take a Demon in a heartbeat.
But I agree with your first statement. Car manufacturers and dealers need to earn our loyalty. I remember visiting a dealership with my dad...probably around 1969. You were treated like royalty. When your car came out of the service bay, it was washed and vacuumed, literally detailed. When you purchased a new or used car, your salesman knew the cars and oprions.....they really wanted your business. Now all they want is your money.
I no longer have any loyalty to any auto manufacturer. I buy what suites my needs at the right price. I've owned, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, etc.
On a side note, I am loyalty to a dealership because a good one is sooo hard to find. And, I think I will plug em....Ray Skillman Buick/GMC, Greenwood (south Indy).

Terryfied 11-11-2018 07:04 AM

I buy Ford diesel trucks period... for my work fleet. Otherwise I loathe Mopar for their electrical issues (owned 4 jeeps and a 300C). Owned several GM vehicles too and somewhat satisfied. I hear horror stories here about various issues with the modern Camaro. Upon the first sign of trouble from my Camaro, I'll flip that bitch like a bad habit and build something with an actual throttle cable.

Rock-It Man 11-11-2018 07:21 AM

I buy cars from dealers that are honest and service what they sell. Right now that happens to be a family owned GM dealer.

I would just as soon buy VWs if the local dealers were not shits.

christianchevell 11-11-2018 08:32 AM

Owned a lot of various cars over the decades, the best have been Chevrolet, the easiest to build by Far Chevrolets, the most trouble Free Chevrolets, even belong to a place called True Delta that's no longer tracking how my Camaros more reliable than the competition. Seems no matter what now there is going to be some recall eventually for lots of things, but the ones that really stick in your Craw..... well; Nylon timing gears...Ford did them so did Gm, stupid, low Nickle 307 blocks...to join a bunch of other blocks as boat anchors, and a few others GM shared...but over all over the years...….. I CANNOT LIST THE THINGS FROM IGNITIONS TO ENTIRE FRONT SUSPENSIONS TO THIS OR THAT ON FORDS AND DODGES THAT WERE A WTF ………..

They did not always have a better idea, just different. And brand loyalty, well that can be model dependent...… should you ever want to fix up a Granada, or a Yugo, or what ever...some of us have experience all the way down to a lowly LUV.....ROFL.

Expect the Camaros we drive to be classics and wanted for their beauty some day and admired for their reliability and not having direct injection yet for ease of modification.

I track used prices for future purchases, some day a newer zl1 will be mine or a vette to go with my Camaro, the Camaro its a keeper....bought it for that after others tried them out and after researching I started off with 2011 triple black convertible 2ss automatic right off the show room as the ruby red was not there and it was a stick....sigh....late 2010 could not wait longer...

SO I enjoyed that one so much I went with building the color and optioned out car I wanted.... as a deposit was not enough to ensure they got what I wanted for a zl1 locally as the stealership sucked....ZL1s were allotted by sales with like one per year locally, and my color..Crystal red was hard to come by....it was limited also from demand...so I went out of town....

Any car is what you can make of it and good platform helps to start with as they are a collection of parts....some better some worse...…….. And find some loyalty funny as we guys all tell each other what the problem is with this and that; and a f-150 with Triton heads......well don't go over 50k on the 100k supposed spark plugs...learned that one..had four broken plugs extracted with their two piece design.....at 60k, got a partial refund on that form class action law suit.

Diesel guys are always saying how good the Cummins is yet it is also model dependent for comparison to the Ford ….usually guys in the Ford diesels I know wish it was Cummins...not that its a Dodge versus Ford thing; more over a reliability longevity thing trying to get to the moon with mileage on the engine...…

You can go on hearing horror stories about any car, its if you ever step up to pull your head out and fix up what you got when you learn what you got compared; hands on I ditched the l99 due to the AFM which is a gimmick and stupid and a weak point.....And building I did not want to deal with it; but many have dealt with it easily with just more $$$ and the nice ease of a automatic trans.... for me it was more about upgrading to things I wanted like the right color of CAR..., a hard top my cat can sleep on with out a fir ball nightmare, and being able to not obsess over black paint water spots, and getting louder nicer exhaust, fe4 suspension, my link, retro mirror, dual power seats, electric power steering!, dual mode exhaust, etc...…

Basically haters are out there everywhere, some are very right to hate a POS, ours are not, and damn I get jealous seeing the low prices of the used ones up for offer.....

I buy what ever the hell I want, and do research not just impulse buying and try to steer my wife that way. But every one has to do what ever they do to justify their decision...…… Beauty is in the eye of the BEEFHOLDER...…….LOL