Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   HALO RINGS (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14579)

fredbo 03-01-2009 03:41 PM

HALO RINGS

i ordered a black LS with the regular headlights and i was wondering if i could order the headlights with the halo rings and have them installed. IF anyone knows i would really appreciate it

Xanthos 03-01-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredbo (Post 315259)
i ordered a black LS with the regular headlights and i was wondering if i could order the headlights with the halo rings and have them installed. IF anyone knows i would really appreciate it

Not from the dealer that we know of yet, but the aftermarket should have them available shortly after launch.
- Xanthos

joepitt 03-01-2009 04:06 PM

The halo lights are HID. I looked once for a conversion kit for another car and couldn't find a conversion for any car that was certified street legal. I have HIDs on my Enclave and love them. The only down side is there is no flash to pass with HID. It has something to do with the time it takes for them to come on or some such. When offered as an option HIDs are usually about $500. They come with the RS package only on the Camaro.

zebra 03-01-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepitt (Post 315331)
The halo lights are HID. I looked once for a conversion kit for another car and couldn't find a conversion for any car that was certified street legal. I have HIDs on my Enclave and love them. The only down side is there is no flash to pass with HID. It has something to do with the time it takes for them to come on or some such. When offered as an option HIDs are usually about $500. They come with the RS package only on the Camaro.

thing is... you can't get the RS package on a LS model

my suggestion would be to wait for somebody to wreck a RS car & gank the lights, switch, & control module from that car. at least that's what i'm gonna try to do

ArcAngel 03-01-2009 04:19 PM

or you could go 1lt but that would cost about 3500 more with rs

Xanthos 03-02-2009 01:56 AM

Meh, I don't like the look of the halos/projectors anyway. Give me some plain old halogens with some nice bulbs.
- Xanthos

RobbRock 03-02-2009 03:14 AM

Halos all the way they look great

CamaroHutch 03-02-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepitt (Post 315331)

From what I understand, the only HIDs that are street legal are the ones that are factory installed.

FirstLSK 03-02-2009 08:12 AM

That's not true here in Texas. If you put HID bulbs in a halogen reflector-based headlights, then you may get pulled over for hindering other drivers. My Son wanted HID in his GMC truck so he got aftermarket projector-based headlights then got the HID kit that included the HID bulbs and the ballasts. His truck looks very sharp with those headlights and they do not blind other drivers any more than a factory lexus or bmw.

Andro 03-02-2009 08:40 AM

Xenons and halos are the only way to go with the new Camaro. Halogen is technology of the past. Though I must say my bimmer has the ORIGINAL halo technology all others are copies but I like them on the new Camaro. IMO

Never2LowChevy 03-02-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andro (Post 316543)
Xenons and halos are the only way to go with the new Camaro. Halogen is technology of the past. Though I must say my bimmer has the ORIGINAL halo technology all others are copies but I like them on the new Camaro. IMO

To the OP, if you just want the regular halogen lights with the halo rings they will be available from the after market for around $100-$150 for just the halos and you will have to break the seal of the headlight so if your not comfortable doin that then you could also buy an aftermartket headlight that already has them installed for about $250.

Beemer drivers are so full of themselves... Halos were invented from the aftermarket and actually first made to fit on a motorcycle headlight for a custom bike in a show. Who's the copycat???:rolleyes:

Andro 03-02-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy (Post 316772)
Beemer drivers are so full of themselves... Halos were invented from the aftermarket and actually first made to fit on a motorcycle headlight for a custom bike in a show. Who's the copycat???:rolleyes:

:laughabove::sm0: your full of it buddy

fredbo 03-02-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never2LowChevy (Post 316772)
To the OP, if you just want the regular halogen lights with the halo rings they will be available from the after market for around $100-$150 for just the halos and you will have to break the seal of the headlight so if your not comfortable doin that then you could also buy an aftermartket headlight that already has them installed for about $250.

oh...aight preciate it

TJ91 03-05-2009 07:46 PM

At the presentation i went to, they explained why the Factory HIDS would be better then aftermarket, he did a great job explaining them , but im sure the aftermrket would be able to achieve the same. The rs package is the option that im most happy about ordering. It is truly beautiful to see those HIDS
Do you mean highbeams, or flash? like when it flashes several times
When i was there, i pressed the highbeam several times, and there was no delay, its very bright. The shutter on the HIDS is very cool.
When the HIDS are on, they are a pure white and stay the same height no matter how far you go, when you have the high beams on, the light hits a nice blue and its very powerfull, the shutter goes up or somthing to. Very cool HIDS.