Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   The best CAI for a ZL1? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397187)

ZL W0N 02-23-2015 11:39 AM

The best CAI for a ZL1?

I just purchased a barely used ZL1 earlier this month and have been checking out a lot of performance mods. I'd like to start with a CAI and then exhaust, headers, etc. I came across a CAI made by JLT and they claim to have huge hp gains like 40-45hp just from the intake and a tune. I watched their video and everything. Seems legit. Does anyone else use their CAI, and have you been able to acheive their claimed hp gains? Also, I'd like to know what you all have and why you got it. Just trying to do some research before I make a purchase. Thanks!

BattleScarredSoldier 02-23-2015 12:51 PM

Congrats. I went with the Roto Fab, most ZL1 owners have either the Roto Fab or the Cold Air Inductions intake. There are plenty of other options out there. Mine made 18 rwhp without a tune if that helps any. Honestly, you can make 20 rwhp on these cars with a good tuner making the adjustments, so 40 rwhp with an intake and tune should be feasible with any quality intake. Congrats and enjoy.

ZL W0N 02-23-2015 01:38 PM

Yeah most of the talk I've been seeing are around 20hp with no tune. Do you experience any computer issues or errors when not tuning? I know sometimes the traction control goes whack.

Ksacamaro 02-23-2015 01:58 PM

I am going to get the Jlt intake too since it has impressive gains then comes the Airaid and the K&n and other brands such as Cai & rotofab , But my tuner told me that you have to put a tune as soon as you install that intake since it needs a tune however some other intakes dont , But also the Jlt has a really wide tube & opening 5 inch or 4.5 inch i think . I think ill be going for Jlt too...

JANNETTYRACING 02-23-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL W0N (Post 8252142)
I just purchased a barely used ZL1 earlier this month and have been checking out a lot of performance mods. I'd like to start with a CAI and then exhaust, headers, etc. I came across a CAI made by JLT and they claim to have huge hp gains like 40-45hp just from the intake and a tune. I watched their video and everything. Seems legit. Does anyone else use their CAI, and have you been able to acheive their claimed hp gains? Also, I'd like to know what you all have and why you got it. Just trying to do some research before I make a purchase. Thanks!

Welcome aboard.

We offer a 75 RWHP tune package that is a lot of power for the money and very popular first mod for these cars.

Then we can build on that kit and move up through our 125 RWHP and 200 RWHP and so on.

Be sure and give us a call before you buy and we will guide you through what is best for you.

Ted.

1ZL4FUN 02-23-2015 03:50 PM

Let us know how it works out. ;)

1ZL4FUN 02-23-2015 03:58 PM

Ted, I don't see your kits on the website. :confused:

1ZL4FUN 02-23-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING (Post 8252654)
Welcome aboard.

We offer a 75 RWHP tune package that is a lot of power for the money and very popular first mod for these cars.

Then we can build on that kit and move up through our 125 RWHP and 200 RWHP and so on.

Be sure and give us a call before you buy and we will guide you through what is best for you.

Ted.

Need more info on these packages. What's included and how much etc.

JD-ZL1 02-23-2015 04:39 PM

I would highly recommend talking with Ted at JRE before doing anything.. I'm talking from experience by using his 75 RWHP and tune.

JDP Sales 02-23-2015 04:50 PM

Most here go with Roto-fab or Cold Air inductions. From what we've seen, the Roto-Fab makes a little more power, so we use it in all of our packages.

If I can offer any assistance, feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

1ZL4FUN 02-23-2015 05:38 PM

I do like the packages JDP offers but I'm also exploring my options here. The Jannetty intake appears to be very good and costs less than others making it attractive. The tune requirement doesn't bother me a bit especially if they have some tunes to go with it. Ted just needs to have someone put more info about their ZL1 packages on the website so I can continue researching and comparing. Looking for the best bang for the buck. ;)

Stephen12ZL1 02-23-2015 06:21 PM

ADM makes a great CAI too.

smokum 02-23-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 (Post 8253028)
ADM makes a great CAI too.

Yes they do. :thumbsup: