Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   NO AUTO CMON (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128427)

Maurdib 02-09-2011 11:40 AM

NO AUTO CMON

I can't be the only one pissed about this, especially since their using the LSA which is auto in the CTS-V

radz28 02-09-2011 11:49 AM

The car in the preview shifted like it was an auto' but maybe it was dubbed over.

Anyways - I think GM should've gotten an auto' in there. I'm sure there's a good reason though. PERHAPS - they can manage to eek by the GG tax with the stick, and not the auto'... I'm just throwing that out there.

Mustang Killa 02-09-2011 11:51 AM

Theres still a year left til production, there can be hope haha

Mustang Killa 02-09-2011 11:52 AM

U could get on here for the GM live chat at 3:00 and ask the rep about the chances of it coming out

Maurdib 02-09-2011 11:52 AM

Again Chevy gives the Stick to Automatic drivers. I guess the don't really want our business even though the majority of Camaros sold are auto

SWAT 79 02-09-2011 11:55 AM

Why buy a performance car with an auto?

Lets take away all the skill and fun....

DGthe3 02-09-2011 12:31 PM

Perhaps they mentioned the manual transmission to reassure the people who figured it would be auto-only after seeing that pic saying the prototype had an automatic

ck204 02-09-2011 12:32 PM

Maybe they will make a AT version and call it Z28? lol

brick777 02-09-2011 04:28 PM

NO auto, no buy for me!!! Chevy will only disappoint too many and loose revenue!

Grandeos 02-09-2011 04:35 PM

Dont jump the gun and freak out people. Over 80% of the Camaros sold are with the automatic transmission. Common sense tells you they will be available for the ZL-1, just as they are for all the CTS-V models.

And as previous posters pointed out, we have photographic proof of a test mule fitted with an automatic. So what more proof do you need??

Dont get your panties in a twist ! ;)

But if you insist....... focus on the steering wheel! There is still time for them change it back!!!!!

hv92 02-09-2011 04:56 PM

they will definitely have an auto. It still has a year left for chevy to tweak it and throw stuff out and throw stuff in. Don't you guys remember the small tweaks they did with the 2010 camaros before they OFFICIALLY released it to the public. We still have hope you guys. Plus, don't flame me, but why didn't ford offer an auto on the gt500? Arent most mustangs sold autos as well??

nester7929 02-09-2011 05:08 PM

GM would be screwing themselves out of money if they didn't do an auto.

The GT500 doesn't offer an auto, so it would allow GM the chance to attract customers that want a hi-po car but don't want a stick.

Lou 02-09-2011 05:18 PM

I find it interesting that so many people are mad about this. Is there an automatic transmission in the GT500? Of course not. Does Ford lose sales of Mustangs because there isn't an automatic? Of course not.

GM might have been able to lure away some potential buyers based on some of the comments so far, but, honestly, if you're buying a car like the ZL1, Z06, ZR1 or GT500, perhaps it's time to learn to drive a stick. Or buy a lower model and modify it to perform to your specifications. Either way, quit whining and enjoy the fact that we are going to get a high performance model to compete directly with the GT500.

Shurenuff 02-09-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou (Post 2820932)
I find it interesting that so many people are mad about this. Is there an automatic transmission in the GT500? Of course not. Does Ford lose sales of Mustangs because there isn't an automatic? Of course not.

GM might have been able to lure away some potential buyers based on some of the comments so far, but, honestly, if you're buying a car like the ZL1, Z06, ZR1 or GT500, perhaps it's time to learn to drive a stick. Or buy a lower model and modify it to perform to your specifications. Either way, quit whining and enjoy the fact that we are going to get a high performance model to compete directly with the GT500.

:word:

KarFan 02-09-2011 05:51 PM

I would never order a ZL1 as an auto and I agree with GM/Ford keeping their top performance cars manual trans. They know that people who have auto trans high on their wish/needs list are not the ones buying the most premium performance cars.

That being said I thought that because the 6L90 in the CTS-V was available Chevy may have had a unique opportunity to offer the ZL1 as an auto. They are certainly a good match for drag racing.

Im sure they will say durability and low production is the reason why its manual only.

KKreme15 02-09-2011 05:53 PM

don't think you can get a ZR-1 with an auto either

Mark H 02-09-2011 05:54 PM

I can drive a stick but would prefer an auto

heavyt100 02-09-2011 08:21 PM

I have a stick SS now and would much prefer an automatic.

djsnoflake 02-09-2011 08:32 PM

2 words on why you want an automatic.

Bracket
Racing

I have the M6, and when I go to the track, I wish I had an auto. Do I get faster times than an auto. Yes. Sometimes. When everything goes well, but one little screw up, and the auto will leave me in its' mirrors.

Autos can pump out the same time all day long. Not to mention, the CTS-V that went around the 'ring and set the fastest time? Auto.

You guys that say 'Manuals only or you're a *****' need to get off your high horse. Technology in automatics has changed a lot since the 70's

DevilKnightFalcon 02-09-2011 08:37 PM

I would prefer an automatic with much much improved paddle shifters. If Chevy can give an auto paddle shifters like some of the european cars then I would be first in line to buy one of these.

Thrasherman 02-09-2011 08:46 PM

or for people without a leg to push the clutch in?

04Ram2500Hemi 02-09-2011 08:47 PM

An auto with an auto stick would be cool- I'm still giving some thought to switching to the auto stick that is offered by one of our members here on C5. I have never once regreted getting the auto.

Toasty 02-09-2011 08:53 PM

I would bet that an auto would have so much launch control built in, it would be a bad idea

Mr. Wyndham 02-09-2011 09:00 PM

Let your voice (and vote) be heard here!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128470

There was a great outpouring of interest for an automatic transmission in the live chat earlier today. Let's keep up the momentum, they'll see it! :D

EDIT: And please...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! Folks, don't let this devolve into something nasty. We're all friends here, remember! :D

bolteon593 02-09-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsnoflake (Post 2821146)
2 words on why you want an automatic.

Bracket
Racing

I have the M6, and when I go to the track, I wish I had an auto. Do I get faster times than an auto. Yes. Sometimes. When everything goes well, but one little screw up, and the auto will leave me in its' mirrors.

Autos can pump out the same time all day long. Not to mention, the CTS-V that went around the 'ring and set the fastest time? Auto.

You guys that say 'Manuals only or you're a *****' need to get off your high horse. Technology in automatics has changed a lot since the 70's

personally, i'd want a sequential or electronic dual clutch manual.

bout time all the higher end performance cars get them. (though, the vette gets it first of course)

KMPrenger 02-09-2011 09:10 PM

You guys wondering about the auto may have hope. I read through the live chat conversation held earlier today and when asked about the auto they never once denied it, and instead would say something like "Would you like to have any automatic??"....basically answering a question with a question.

That tells me they are considering it.

Mr. Wyndham 02-09-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 2821317)
You guys wondering about the auto may have hope. I read through the live chat conversation held earlier today and when asked about the auto they never once denied it, and instead would say something like "Would you like to have any automatic??"....basically answering a question with a question.

That tells me they are considering it.

And they want to know what you think about it!!!

AZCamaroFan 02-09-2011 09:33 PM

In age of 7 speed dual clutch auto's in exotic sports cars it's pretty amusing to see so many people claiming auto's aren't 'real sports cars'

gmdog2 02-09-2011 10:07 PM

It needs an auto.....that's it...equal opportunity car...

2010 SSRS 02-09-2011 10:10 PM

they would sell a lot more of them if they offered an automatic.

Z4me 02-09-2011 10:13 PM

I really believe due to this open discussion over the internet that we will be seeing an automatic transmission available with this car. If not thier sales could be affected by as much as 50% and thats a big hit anyway you look at it. To be fair there still developing this car and trying to guage the demand etc., so lets wait and see what the final outcome will be. :D:chevy::chevy::chevy::chevy:

Capthowdy 02-09-2011 10:19 PM

there will be no auto at least this first run...all pure muscle have sticks....nothing like banging the gears through the twisties!!!

lil_red_v6 02-09-2011 10:23 PM

ok but what if thee is a car nut like us but is handy cap or has say one leg he would need an auto, so say he does not want a ss he wants the zl-1, then what is chevy going to do?

camaroitalia 02-09-2011 10:30 PM

The auto would be a great idea. I prefer the auto with some full paddle shifters.

DGthe3 02-09-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou (Post 2820932)

Given portion of people who buy automatic Mustangs (and Camaros, and Challengers, and so on) I have a hard believing that there isn't a single person where the lack of an automatic is a deal breaker on the GT500. Not all automatic sales are because people are unwilling to shift for themselves, sometimes they're physically unable to operate a clutch.

Z4me 02-09-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 2821713)
Given portion of people who buy automatic Mustangs (and Camaros, and Challengers, and so on) I have a hard believing that there isn't a single person where the lack of an automatic is a deal breaker on the GT500. Not all automatic sales are because people are unwilling to shift for themselves, sometimes they're physically unable to operate a clutch.

Ding we have a winner!

mikeSS 02-09-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan (Post 2821411)
In age of 7 speed dual clutch auto's in exotic sports cars it's pretty amusing to see so many people claiming auto's aren't 'real sports cars'

dude a duel clutch trans is WAY different from a auto lol in terms of performances

Capthowdy 02-09-2011 10:46 PM

They are never going to make EVERYONE happy thats for sure....but they will apeal to the masses...

DGthe3 02-09-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 2821762)
dude a duel clutch trans is WAY different from a auto lol in terms of performances

Does it shift itself? If yes then its an automatic transmission, regardless of the tech it uses to do so.

GEEo 02-09-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 2821762)

Isn't it still an auto but w/ just dual clutch?? :iono: