Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Oil Leak From Oil Cooler (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101763)

JNDS'2010 08-01-2013 08:09 PM

Thanks for the welcome Red Jewel RS. Just tightened up all the bolts on the oil cooler and all the oil pan bolts that I could get too. Took in for a road test for about 25 to 30 min. I'll check it tomorrow after I get out of work to see if it did the trick. Keeping my fingers crossed cause I really would rather not take it to the dealership.

HP_atTheWheels 08-14-2013 01:12 PM

Having this issue on my 2010 SS, I came home after being out of town for a week and noticed the oil spots under the car. She has been at the dealership since Monday, they have replaced the line, and the gasket. I was supposed to be picking her up today, instead I just got a call saying she is still leaking and they need more time to find out what's wrong. At least I can be thankful they are being thorough. I was told it wasn't covered under warranty. They told me they called GM though and GM said if I paid $100.00 flat fee they would eat the rest of the cost. Any of you had a similar situation with the charges?

JNDS'2010 08-14-2013 05:04 PM

Sorry to here your having the same problem HP. I just dropped mine off at the dealership today. won't hear anything from them til tomorrow they said. They told me mine would be covered under the powertrain warranty.

HP_atTheWheels 08-14-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNDS'2010 (Post 6898216)
Sorry to here your having the same problem HP. I just dropped mine off at the dealership today. won't hear anything from them til tomorrow they said. They told me mine would be covered under the powertrain warranty.

Thanks for the info. I thought it should be covered under the powertrain as well. I had them run my vin and the bumper to bumper expired Sep of last year but my power train is still good. Think I will call GM myself and see what they say. Good luck with yours, hopefully they get it fixed and right the first time.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 08-14-2013 09:12 PM

HP_atTheWheels,

If you would like for us to look into your warranty coverage, we're happy to do so. Please send us the last 8 digits of your VIN and we'll get you more details.

Sarah (Assisting William)
Chevrolet Customer Care

HP_atTheWheels 08-15-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6899157)
HP_atTheWheels,

If you would like for us to look into your warranty coverage, we're happy to do so. Please send us the last 8 digits of your VIN and we'll get you more details.

Sarah (Assisting William)
Chevrolet Customer Care

PM Sent

Blackkaz04 08-15-2013 12:20 PM

It should be covered under warranty if your car has less than 100k! Noneof these cars are 5 years old yet.

Blackkaz04 08-15-2013 12:21 PM

Update: my car is fixed!! No oil anywhere after three weeks! Dry as a bone. They tried the oil cooler gasket first but that didn't work. Tightenede the oil cooler bolts too, still leaked. The second time around they replaced the oil pan gasket. Fixed.

Blackkaz04 08-15-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNDS'2010 (Post 6847899)
Thanks for the welcome Red Jewel RS. Just tightened up all the bolts on the oil cooler and all the oil pan bolts that I could get too. Took in for a road test for about 25 to 30 min. I'll check it tomorrow after I get out of work to see if it did the trick. Keeping my fingers crossed cause I really would rather not take it to the dealership.

There's nothing wrong with taking it to a dealership. They have certified mechanics and they work on gm cars all day long. It's not a Ferrari ;)

Get it fixed while you have a warranty!

HP_atTheWheels 08-15-2013 12:29 PM

Just got the call mine is fixed going o pick it up and see what the final diagnosis was.

Update: final verdict "internal damage in oil cooler, external leak removed and installed oil cooler and line" this is what the paperwork says.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 08-15-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HP_atTheWheels (Post 6900774)
PM Sent

Thanks for your message!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

HP_atTheWheels 08-15-2013 08:43 PM

Mad props to my dealer, Fisher Chevrolet in Yuma, for getting me back on the road and to William at Chevrolet Customer Care for going out of his way to ensure I was taken care of and understood the warranty information :bow::thumbup:

RangerMan 08-16-2013 03:19 PM

My car is going in for its 3rd repair for this same issue!

JNDS'2010 08-17-2013 09:25 PM

Glad to here you got yours fixed Blackkaz04. I got mine back from the dealership thurs. they said its the oil pan gasket but I would need to bring it back in 2 weeks because its about a 5 hour job to fix. No very pleased with the back and forth but not much you can do.