Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Has Your Camaro Price Been Firmed Up? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10909)

Hoss 12-23-2008 09:22 PM

Has Your Camaro Price Been Firmed Up?

I talked to my dealer today and he told me the pricing has not been established....yet, WTF!!!

What have your dealers told you about your car price? Do you have a firm price?

Mr_Draco 12-23-2008 09:27 PM

Actually he's kinda correct. All of the paperwork they have has the price listed as To Be Announced.

dieseldave24v 12-23-2008 09:28 PM

LEAVE. Drive to the next town and find a new dealer. Pricing was released mid October.

dieseldave24v 12-23-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 224558)
Actually he's kinda correct. All of the paperwork they have has the price listed as To Be Announced.

My dealer was able to give me the EXACT price of my car including delivery fee. It is right ont he workbench site

Ry4nVan 12-23-2008 09:33 PM

although you are correct about prices, I still thought those were subject to change by GM. hmmm

Mr_Draco 12-23-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldave24v (Post 224560)
My dealer was able to give me the EXACT price of my car including delivery fee. It is right ont he workbench site

Sweet. Does anyone know when it was added? i know it wasn't that way a couple weeks ago.

dieseldave24v 12-23-2008 09:40 PM

Maybe I am wrong about the sorce but I ordered over a month ago and he was able to tell me the price of the car. Maybe is wasnt on the workbench

zebra 12-23-2008 10:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's the basic pricing guide that was released earlier

The_Blur 12-23-2008 10:59 PM

Your dealer is an idiot. The idiocy of your dealer dwarfs the idiocy of ordinary human beings. It could be that most dealers are inherently stupid by design, or it could be that your dealer was bludgeoned repeatedly to cause this intelligence gap. In any case, your dealer is clearly dumber than most people are capable of being. Don't worry. Somehow, hundreds of thousands to millions of dealers all over the country manage to do their jobs despite their colossal idiocy.

Pricing has been released.

RallyFever 12-23-2008 11:03 PM

I was given a price to the penny; however, it will obviously change if GM makes pricing changes. MSRP has been gauranteed and military pricing will be honored if made available by GM, which I also feel pretty good about.

basically - GMS

UCF w00t 12-23-2008 11:17 PM

My dealer refused to get into exact pricing. I printed out that sheet and he said that until he saw it from GM, it wasn't official. So, either he was lying to me (don't think so) or he just hadn't seen it. It certainly wasn't in the workbench as I was sitting right next to him looking at the screen while he put in my order. And of course, until price is on that order sheet, it's subject to change so it doesn't matter anyways.

Matrix 12-24-2008 12:38 AM

Sounds like your dealer is leaving room for price gouging! Or the Thief Fee!

UCF w00t 12-24-2008 12:50 AM

Not gonna happen. I'll get my deposit back and walk out the door if they try and pull something like that. I was told MSRP or less with any applicable incentives. Have it in writing. And I don't blame them really... if GM upped the price, they'd be pretty much obligated to honor the lower MSRP.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 12-24-2008 01:32 AM

I agree with what has been said earlier.

Either:

(1) Your dealer is clueless.

(2) or most likely - he's lying and once your car shows up - SURPRISE! Added Market Value or whatever BS term they use. Tell him to go fly a kite.