CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   I was browsing the net and this ad link kept coming up (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580087)

MackSteelPrivateEye 08-12-2020 10:35 PM

I was browsing the net and this ad link kept coming up

This kept coming up with a pic. and I clicked on it.

https://www.dodge.com/challenger.htm...02&sid=5176513

This is why Dodge is selling Challengers and Camaros are not selling. I'm not in the market for a Challenger but it still got my attention enough to click on to check out the cars.

I`m Batman 08-12-2020 10:55 PM

I run Pi-hole at home, so I don't see ads. But I'm sure Dodge puts out a lot more advertising than Camaro.

Petrol Head 08-13-2020 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye (Post 10847414)
This kept coming up with a pic. and I clicked on it.

https://www.dodge.com/challenger.htm...02&sid=5176513

This is why Dodge is selling Challengers and Camaros are not selling. I'm not in the market for a Challenger but it still got my attention enough to click on to check out the cars.

It's been debated on this forum since the first Christmas. There's people on here who actually believe advertising the Camaro is not worth it for GM and defend their position to keep marketing minimal for it.

Thank you for proving them wrong. Again.

RyanR623 08-13-2020 06:48 AM

That and the brotherhood of muscle commercials on TV i see almost every day.

L78toLT1 08-13-2020 08:58 AM

The advertising certainly doesn't hurt Challenger/Charger sales but a similar ad campaign by gm would not boost Camaro sales to Challenger levels imo. The Dodge offerings are infinitely more liveable as dd family vehicles. I get it that most of us did not buy our Camaros for these purposes, but I'll venture a guess that most Dodge owners did. There's also a significant number of folks that live and die by straight line performance. Gm could reel in those guys with an lt5 powered ZL1

MarkSS1958 08-13-2020 09:21 AM

Personally I don't mind driving something a little more rare around my small town:thumbup: Hey if they quit nmaking them at some point the c8 vette will become affordable for me:w00t:

cellsafemode 08-13-2020 09:48 AM

Dodge sells more pony cars than ford and chevy. Challenger really has no competitor.

This has been the case for over 15 years.

Aggressive pricing and financing + not driving cost up by being all that great of a vehicle + having usable rear seats == sales these days.

Petrol Head 08-13-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkSS1958 (Post 10847592)
Personally I don't mind driving something a little more rare around my small town:thumbup: Hey if they quit nmaking them at some point the c8 vette will become affordable for me:w00t:

I like that they're kinda rare but at the same time I don't want the Camaro to go through the same fate it did in 2002. One thing about Mustang guys that they have that we don't is that it's been in continuous production since 1964.

Also you can't get a C8 with a real manual transmission anymore. That eliminates the car for me all together. And I won't buy used or electric.

AZCamaroFan 08-13-2020 02:01 PM

same as all other annoying spam

bigd1276 08-13-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrol Head (Post 10847481)
It's been debated on this forum since the first Christmas. There's people on here who actually believe advertising the Camaro is not worth it for GM and defend their position to keep marketing minimal for it.

Thank you for proving them wrong. Again.

Much longer than that.

Number 3?

cellsafemode 08-13-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrol Head (Post 10847781)
Also you can't get a C8 with a real manual transmission anymore. That eliminates the car for me all together. And I won't buy used or electric.

Manual transmissions suck. So you press some buttons with your fingers or shift with your hand and you dont have to play with your feet. So what?

If you miss the extra motions, just pretend with your feet. No sense in using obsolete tech out of some habit. You'll be like the sad old guys who still refuse to touch efi.

MrChrisLS3 08-13-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellsafemode (Post 10847860)
Manual transmissions suck. So you press some buttons with your fingers or shift with your hand and you dont have to play with your feet. So what?

If you miss the extra motions, just pretend with your feet. No sense in using obsolete tech out of some habit. You'll be like the sad old guys who still refuse to touch efi.

You're entitled to your opinion. I will also not argue that today's performance automatics are great stuff, they are not the slush boxes of old.

But for some of us sad old guys, there's more to it than just shifting fast, that's not really what it's all about. I'm not trying to change your mind, just adding a little perspective as to why some of us like manuals, it's just a part of the driving experience we enjoy.

But to the topic, yes Dodge does a lot more marketing. But they also are the only one left that has held true to the muscle car spirit, and they proudly proclaim that. This speaks loudly to a great number of people. I still prefer my Camaro to a Challenger, but we have a 50th Edition Sinnamon Stick Scat Pack Shaker on our showroom floor that is one cool looking car. (Yeah, I worked up some rough numbers on it, lol.

Petrol Head 08-13-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigd1276 (Post 10847795)
Much longer than that.

Number 3?

I was trying not to name names but yeah lol

Staves 08-13-2020 06:07 PM

I don’t recall seeing a Camaro ad on TV or elsewhere ever.