Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   IPF-SC-LLT36V6 .... First Installation in Europe/Germany (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295042)

ASH@IPF-TUNING 05-12-2013 04:38 PM

IPF-SC-LLT36V6 .... First Installation in Europe/Germany

6 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody ...

one of our german cooperation Partners installed the first LLT IPF Tuning SC kit last month and we did the final dyno testing last week :

Car was running 1000km with the sc kit .. .all readiness codes set ... no error codes appeared ... Adaptation below +3% Fuel 98-102Okt

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING

KaBoom1701 05-12-2013 05:36 PM

That's awesome!

Congrats!

Nutbutt 05-12-2013 05:43 PM

Permagrin in Germany :happyanim:

Ventmaster 05-12-2013 05:44 PM

OK- can someone "dumb that down" for me and convert to HP and torque!

:facepalm:

ASH@IPF-TUNING 05-12-2013 05:53 PM

Hi !

For everbody to explain : gearbox is AT

RWP ... 298kW / 405PS

DRIVE_LOSS ... 32kW / 40PS at Speed 255km/h

flywheel power = 330kW / 448 PS !

flywheel TRQ : 565 Nm = 390 LbFt

correction factor EU DIN 0.994 !

448 PS X 0.994 = 445 PS on the dyno sheet !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING

Ventmaster 05-12-2013 06:37 PM

Very impressive! Thank-you.

KMPrenger 05-12-2013 07:15 PM

So just over 400rwhp. Very nice!

I'm guessing that 390HP is at the engine, and not rear wheel torque?

Those rims look very big and heavy, and so I'm surprised it was able to make that much power on the dyno.

Thanks for sharing!

hunterv6 05-12-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ventmaster (Post 6535578)
Very impressive! Thank-you.

+1

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain

IBM camaro 05-12-2013 08:38 PM

Amazing job guys Arno is great!

ASH@IPF-TUNING 05-13-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6535686)
So just over 400rwhp. Very nice!

I'm guessing that 390HP is at the engine, and not rear wheel torque?

Those rims look very big and heavy, and so I'm surprised it was able to make that much power on the dyno.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi !

The TRQ is FLYWHEEL Torque 390 LbFt / 565 Nm !

Our singel Drum TAT Dyno System dont care RIM weight or size .... we are doing a positive power dynorun until REDLINE and direct on the fly a dynorollout to measure the negative gearbox ... wheel and transloss power...

So with diffrent gears and rims the positive power at the wheels is diffrent .. but the power loss measurement afterwarts is doing its Job and the FLYWHEEL values are ALL same .. if you use 18" or 22"" rims .. if you are using gear 3 4 5 .. all diffrent WHEELPOWER ... but SAME Flywheel power and flywheel TRQ !

to measure ONLY the Wheel power / torque is nothing to compare diffrent cars on diffrent dynos ... toooo much Variation in the used gear and rims !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING

Vgav1221 05-13-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASH@IPF-TUNING (Post 6537201)
Hi !

The TRQ is FLYWHEEL Torque 390 LbFt / 565 Nm !

Our singel Drum TAT Dyno System dont care RIM weight or size .... we are doing a positive power dynorun until REDLINE and direct on the fly a dynorollout to measure the negative gearbox ... wheel and transloss power...

So with diffrent gears and rims the positive power at the wheels is diffrent .. but the power loss measurement afterwarts is doing its Job and the FLYWHEEL values are ALL same .. if you use 18" or 22"" rims .. if you are using gear 3 4 5 .. all diffrent WHEELPOWER ... but SAME Flywheel power and flywheel TRQ !

to measure ONLY the Wheel power / torque is nothing to compare diffrent cars on diffrent dynos ... toooo much Variation in the used gear and rims !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING

But thats not power to the floor then.

I know all i care about is how much power and torque my car puts to the floor.

Isnt the point to getting us to buy this kit is to show how much power were getting to the ground.

KMPrenger 05-13-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vgav1221 (Post 6538820)
But thats not power to the floor then.

I know all i care about is how much power and torque my car puts to the floor.

Isnt the point to getting us to buy this kit is to show how much power were getting to the ground.

I don't think that is the point.

First off, he does say how much HP is being put to the ground...which is just over 400. Just not the torque.

Honestly, it shouldn't matter how the power is measured, whether at the flywheel or at the rear wheels. We all have a good idea how much power is robbed through the drivetrain, so its easy to figure out.

Also, you have to remember that your wheel and tire setup will affect the rear wheel output, along with the type of dyno you are on.

So to me...makes no difference. We have plenty of IPF threads here showing anywhere from 380 - 400+ horsepower at the wheels. No reason to think this would be any different.

ASH@IPF-TUNING 05-13-2013 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody ...

Someone asked about the power to the ground ?? Good question ... many awnsers !

as MY next question would be ... what gear you like to know ... because the RWP is gear dependent ... so lets see that calculation :

the camaros drivetrain ( gearbox & wheels ) LOSS is vehicle Speed and lubrication oil in the drivetrain parts dependent ..

When you do 2 measurement after a 5 min constant 50 mph rolling on the dyno to we declare tire temp and gear lubrication temp is same in 2 runs .. then only the each other we declare the drivetrain loss is only dependent from vehicle Speed like shown in this diagram :

as you see ... in 1rst gear we are getting Maximum RWP with 429 RWP because of less drivetrain loss in the 1rst gear ... against 405 RWP in gear nr. 4 !!!!

all higher gears are causing higher drivetrain loss .. also lower RWP ... BUT CONSTANT FLYWHEELPOWER !!!

so .. the only way to do accurate dyno testing is to do the positive dyno run and after that measure the drivetrainloss to get the REAL Flywheelpower !

Anything else is not be able to compare between diffrent dynos !

Because ... i can run the car stock in 4 gear .. with a much higher drivetrain loss and the Tuning i measure in 3 gear ... so the Tuning will Show much more power because of less drivetrain loss !

When you do the flywheel calculation Methode ... the lower drivetrainloss in 3rd gear will be complete compensated and the REAL power Differenz is shown !

greets ASH@IPF-TUNING

KMPrenger 05-13-2013 10:42 PM

Hi Arno,

I would expect the loss due to the drivetrain to be MUCH greater than just 40HP. In fact, in almost every dyno we have seen on this site for the V6, the drivetrain loss for an automatic V6 is usually 20% or higher. I believe it is about 21% loss.

So using that estimate, if the car is truly making 405HP in 4th gear on the dyno, that would mean the car is really making about 500+ HP at the crank.