Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Does the duel exhaust add 6hp like it does on the vette? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253115)

charlie46 10-01-2012 09:41 AM

Does the duel exhaust add 6hp like it does on the vette?
 
Im wondering if the duel exhaust adds 6hp and 4ft pounds of tourqe as it does on the corvette. And if it does why areent they advertizing it?:iono:

LSxJunkie 10-01-2012 10:16 AM

It doesn't. And who cares? You'll never feel 6hp.

charlie46 10-01-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSxJunkie (Post 5640745)
It doesn't. And who cares? You'll never feel 6hp.

2013 camaro brochoure specs for 0-60 for the 1le is listed as 4.7 sec same as 2ss ls3, and anyone with a half of a brain knows with higher rear end ratio of 3.91 , 0-60 has to be quicker than 4.7 as listed by chevy. In fact motortrend test of the 1le 0-60 time was 4.3. So just because chevy says theres no difference in hp between the duel exhaust and stock exhaust they might be wrong.

LSxJunkie 10-01-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie46 (Post 5640858)
2013 camaro brochoure specs for 0-60 for the 1le is listed as 4.7 sec same as 2ss ls3, and anyone with a half of a brain knows with higher rear end ratio of 3.91 , 0-60 has to be quicker than 4.7 as listed by chevy. In fact motortrend test of the 1le 0-60 time was 4.3. So just because chevy says theres no difference in hp between the duel exhaust and stock exhaust they might be wrong.

Anyone with half a brain knows that 0-60 times are meaningless. There is no standard by which those tests are run.

And again, it doesn't matter. 6hp doesn't make a lick of goddamned difference. A race between equal drivers between an NPP Vette and a non-NPP Vette will come down to conditions.

davidcroft 10-01-2012 12:44 PM

Are the exhaust tips fighting each other?:laughabove:

its DUAL exhaust.

Jim968 10-01-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSxJunkie (Post 5640745)
It doesn't. And who cares? You'll never feel 6hp.

I agree that its not enough to feel in the seat of the pants, but why wouldn't it make additional horsepower over the regular exhaust? I suspect that Chevy isn't claiming it because they haven't gotten around to certifying it.

I'll be interested to see what happens when somone puts an NPP on a dyno.

Dtrimpi87 10-01-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidcroft (Post 5641299)
Are the exhaust tips fighting each other?:laughabove:

its DUAL exhaust.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/02/ytu9a3a8.jpg

Lol that made my morning :D

charlie46 10-01-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim968 (Post 5641315)
I agree that its not enough to feel in the seat of the pants, but why wouldn't it make additional horsepower over the regular exhaust? I suspect that Chevy isn't claiming it because they haven't gotten around to certifying it.

I'll be interested to see what happens when somone puts an NPP on a dyno.

Thanks at least someone is thinking like me.:headbang:

Mr_Draco 10-01-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie46 (Post 5640594)
Im wondering if the duel exhaust adds 6hp and 4ft pounds of tourqe as it does on the corvette. And if it does why arent they advertizing it?:iono:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim968 (Post 5641315)
I agree that its not enough to feel in the seat of the pants, but why wouldn't it make additional horsepower over the regular exhaust? I suspect that Chevy isn't claiming it because they haven't gotten around to certifying it.

I'll be interested to see what happens when someone puts an NPP on a dyno.

No it does not add hp or torque to the Camaro.

It has been shown on numerous dynos by different shops that any changes from the cats back on the Camaro will result in zero gains. The Camaros exhaust is already free flowing which explains why this is so.

DRKS1D3 10-01-2012 03:21 PM

Geez, the guy asks a simple question and he gets lambasted. "Anyone with half a brain...". It was a legitimate question. :)

2cnd chance 10-01-2012 03:45 PM

Some (you know who you are) just can't help themselves. They just have to act like my ex wife. Good riddance.

2008yellow 10-01-2012 03:49 PM

Well you might have 3.91 gears but you have a different trans in the car. the close ratio trans is different than in the SS. Meant to keep your engine in the sweet spot through the gears. It might be interesting. Maybe another drivers race type of thing

jameslk55 10-01-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 5641807)
No it does not add hp or torque to the Camaro.

It has been shown on numerous dynos by different shops that any changes from the cats back on the Camaro will result in zero gains. The Camaros exhaust is already free flowing which explains why this is so.

Are you saying that aftermarket catback exhausts also result in zero gains or just the NPP exhaust?

Dtrimpi87 10-01-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameslk350 (Post 5642584)
Are you saying that aftermarket catback exhausts also result in zero gains or just the NPP exhaust?

Yes after market catback systems offer 0 gains. Purely enhanced sound.

Jim968 10-01-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 (Post 5642599)
Yes after market catback systems offer 0 gains. Purely enhanced sound.

Then how does the NPP add 6 hp on the Corvette? Are you saying that the regular exhaust on the Camaro is more efficient than the regular exhaust on the Corvette?

Bad70supreme 10-01-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 (Post 5642599)
Yes after market catback systems offer 0 gains. Purely enhanced sound.

This is completely false! No gains if your car is bone stock, and in the case of the 1le probably no gain. But add some mods and the exhaust will come into play! The stock exhaust is NOT perfect, it has some ruff bends but on a stock car it works. Once you mod the idea that the stock exhaust will make the same power as aftermarket or custom setup is no longer true!

Kent2010 10-01-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim968 (Post 5642751)
Are you saying that the regular exhaust on the Camaro is more efficient than the regular exhaust on the Corvette?

Might be.

I've owned both -- from my experience, the stock C6 exhaust is more quiet than the stock C5 Camaro exhaust. Visit the C6 (Corvette) forum and read all the complaints about how dead quiet the C6 exhaust is.

Dtrimpi87 10-01-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad70supreme (Post 5642807)
This is completely false! No gains if your car is bone stock, and in the case of the 1le probably no gain. But add some mods and the exhaust will come into play! The stock exhaust is NOT perfect, it has some ruff bends but on a stock car it works. Once you mod the idea that the stock exhaust will make the same power as aftermarket or custom setup is no longer true!

You just contradicted yourself buddy.

Mr_Draco 10-01-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad70supreme (Post 5642807)
This is completely false! No gains if your car is bone stock, and in the case of the 1le probably no gain. But add some mods and the exhaust will come into play! The stock exhaust is NOT perfect, it has some ruff bends but on a stock car it works. Once you mod the idea that the stock exhaust will make the same power as aftermarket or custom setup is no longer true!

On a pure bolt on car (intake, TB, lt headers, tune) it has been shown and proved that replacing the stock catback with an aftermarket catback on the Camaro gives no gains.

toehead93 10-01-2012 09:20 PM

Tose bad bends dont seem as importantant because the exhaust is moving differently n the large diameter pipe co pared to the narrow diameter of the header primaries. The mufflers on the LS3 are designed like most typical absorption style mufflers with perforated tube. I have not seen a cut away of the corvette muffler to compare to the SS.

jameslk55 10-01-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 5642976)
On a pure bolt on car (intake, TB, lt headers, tune) it has been shown and proved that replacing the stock catback with an aftermarket catback on the Camaro gives no gains.

This is new to me. Where has this has been shown? If an exhaust company claims that their system for the Camaro gains an average increase of up to 6HP and 7ft-lbs. of torque, are you saying that they are making false claims? Not sure if I'm understanding correctly.

14pilot 10-01-2012 11:31 PM

The stock exhaust does not restrict flow or performance until you get up to around 680rwhp. This was documented by Ted of JRE about 3 years ago if you care to search back that far.

SOooo... if you buy an aftermarker catback, axleback or get the optional NPP exhuast, do it for the sound. That's all that is going to change.

Aftermarket manufacturers have reported BS gains ever since the first aftermarket was released.

GEEo 10-01-2012 11:34 PM

This thread is awesome!! lol :laugh:

Bad70supreme 10-02-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14pilot (Post 5643791)
The stock exhaust does not restrict flow or performance until you get up to around 680rwhp. This was documented by Ted of JRE about 3 years ago if you care to search back that far.

SOooo... if you buy an aftermarker catback, axleback or get the optional NPP exhuast, do it for the sound. That's all that is going to change.

Aftermarket manufacturers have reported BS gains ever since the first aftermarket was released.


This is total bullcrap! A 3" X pipe exhuast will make power over the stock exhaust in propbably even a mild bolton car. Explain why my car picked up 2mph with nothing but swaping 1 chamber flowmasters to 3" glasspacks! Dont bother saying weather, because it was in simular conditions and I noticed an increas in performance right away! Plain and simple, they flow better... the stock exhaust is not going to match a good aftermarket systeme, I dont care what test say.

Dtrimpi87 10-02-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad70supreme (Post 5644348)
This is total bullcrap! A 3" X pipe exhuast will make power over the stock exhaust in propbably even a mild bolton car. Explain why my car picked up 2mph with nothing but swaping 1 chamber flowmasters to 3" glasspacks! Dont bother saying weather, because it was in simular conditions and I noticed an increas in performance right away! Plain and simple, they flow better... the stock exhaust is not going to match a good aftermarket systeme, I dont care what test say.

Lol

Bad70supreme 10-02-2012 10:13 AM

All that matters is what happens at the track...and every car is different. Dont go by what dyno test on one car show and take it as fact. Its just idea of what the out come could be on your car, thats why cars with the same parts will respond different. I just talked with a guy not long ago who picked up 15 at the wheels with his cutouts open, he was running the stock cat back with aftermarket mufflers. This was in a cammed car... so according to you, this car would not see a gain by switching out the stock exhaust to a full 3" aftermarket setup :sm0:

KarFan 10-03-2012 02:14 AM

GM just didn't choose to update their performance specs for the 1LE from the standard SS. Likely due to the fact that 1LE is performance option on an SS rather than a separate model.

There should be no question that 1LE options will increase power and enchance performance over a base SS.

Scott@Bjorn3D 10-03-2012 05:16 AM

I just love how some around here say 6 HP is no big deal and you will never feel it. Granted I would not feel it, but if you add a CAI and VMAX TB each of those add a little but when you add them up they mean maybe 20-25 more HP and Torque to the back wheels.

In my mind every litte gain is worth trying to get and gets you closer to a 5.0 off the line.

Bad70supreme 10-03-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D (Post 5648426)
I just love how some around here say 6 HP is no big deal and you will never feel it. Granted I would not feel it, but if you add a CAI and VMAX TB each of those add a little but when you add them up they mean maybe 20-25 more HP and Torque to the back wheels.

In my mind every litte gain is worth trying to get and gets you closer to a 5.0 off the line.

Because those responses are from people who just dont get it! Add 3 things that add 6hp and now you have 18 more! Its every little thing that adds up to have a strong running car.

Bosse'sBoss 10-03-2012 11:45 AM

In my local chevy dealership, I was observing a Corvette Grand Sport with the dual exhaust and it really look great, but then I saw also there, the dual exhaust in the Camaro, and it looks ugly, it looks very different, I prefer the looks of the exhaust on the regular Camaro or better yet with the ground effects diffuser or havoc rear diffuser


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.