Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gaming Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Ghost Recon Free Online Announcement (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149085)

Jay_LHD3 05-24-2011 08:21 PM

Ghost Recon Free Online Announcement

1 Attachment(s)

Attachment 244725

Looks interesting. Not sure why they kept this a secret and have been dragging their feet for over a year on getting Future Soldier out. I might have to break down and buy a gaming pc!! :D

Gigachip 05-24-2011 08:50 PM

registered for beta :thumbup:

Ruin 05-24-2011 09:34 PM

We're pretty excited about this over at GR.net. Waiting years for something new. I recommend you guys who are also GR fans check out our forums there too!

Hemlawk 05-25-2011 05:09 AM

I'll check it out because its FREE! ;)

Jay_LHD3 05-25-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigachip (Post 3260474)
registered for beta :thumbup:

Same here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruin (Post 3260684)
We're pretty excited about this over at GR.net. Waiting years for something new. I recommend you guys who are also GR fans check out our forums there too!

URL does not work. It has been crazy how Ubisoft just abandoned the GR franchise for so long. I don't think they have to make a game every year like COD, but GRAW2 came out in the beginning of '07.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemlawk (Post 3261481)
I'll check it out because its FREE! ;)

I like that it's FREE, but curious to see what they are going to charge for customization of your gear. $2 a gun, $5 for the exoskeleton...?

Ruin 05-25-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 (Post 3262293)
URL does not work. It has been crazy how Ubisoft just abandoned the GR franchise for so long. I don't think they have to make a game every year like COD, but GRAW2 came out in the beginning of '07

Fixed!

And you're right, when the original GR came out we at least got some expansion packs - since the engine was already pretty awesome. GRAW was interesting, and GRIN working for UBI did some pretty good work, but there was a lot of dissent as whether or not it was really a GR title. There's nothing like that tactical FPS almost Rainbow Six style from the old days.

The guys over at Blackfoot Studios (former GR modders and developers) are doing some amazing work - but the economy and real world issues have put them on a slow down.

I think GRO should be fun, but I'm not expecting to get my old GR back.

Jay_LHD3 05-26-2011 08:41 AM

I've never played a FPS/TPS on a PC before. Do you use your mouse and keyboard or a controller? If controller, which one is most preferred?

:iono:

Ruin 05-26-2011 10:49 AM

Some games support both.

There's a long standing argument as to which is the better option. I started gaming on the PC and have had a hell of a time adjusting from my KB/M to a Controller. I find there's a lot more control with a mouse than with joysticks.

As far as controllers... just do some google searching. There are lots of reviews out there on the different controllers. And new or updated controllers are always coming out.

Jay_LHD3 05-26-2011 12:04 PM

Thanks! I think the last time i played a game on a computer was... Skate or Die 2 on a Commodore 128. LOL

I checked out the Ghost Recon site and once I started reading the forums realized that I had been there before. Good site with a lots of info, but a little too hardcore/serious for me. I didn't get back into gaming till around 2007. A lot has changed in the last 15-20 years!!

:yikes: