Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Which forced induction ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58837)

4xchamp 01-01-2010 03:58 PM

Which forced induction ?

I've been on this forum a couple of weeks and just registered today
I'm picking up a 2SS stick tomorrow .
What are your thoughts on forced indiction systems ? My brother says turbo it , He has a Turbocharged 2000 Z28 . I'm not really keen on that because of the underhood heat they generate but I am keen on the fact he can turn a knob , add race gas and get to another power level .
I do want 650 + at the crank .
What do you guys think and what are your experiences ?
Thanks for your input .

Z_Rocks 01-01-2010 04:11 PM

My first and only suggestion is that you spend some good time educating yourself on three types of F/I (PD S/C, Centri and Turbo). They are all great and after studying, and finding out the pros and cons, you'll make a better informed decision. Learn first then pull the plug.
My 2 cents! Good luck with your new baby!

phantom 01-01-2010 04:33 PM

I'm looking into the 650 RWHP and have talked with Hennessey, and Linkenfelter. You can go to their web sites, they have all the add-ons and pricing if they install. Looking at $20K min. I also talked with a company in the Chicago area and they'll be coming out soon with a turbo kit that sounds awesome. If you send the vehicle to one of the two noted above, make sure you discuss transporting your baby. Another costly adventure.

xSSkier874 01-01-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom (Post 1338568)
I'm looking into the 650 RWHP and have talked with Hennessey, and Linkenfelter. You can go to their web sites, they have all the add-ons and pricing if they install. Looking at $20K min. I also talked with a company in the Chicago area and they'll be coming out soon with a turbo kit that sounds awesome. If you send the vehicle to one of the two noted above, make sure you discuss transporting your baby. Another costly adventure.

most of what your paying for with Hennessey and Lingenfelter is the name. You can piece together the same kits and save your self thousand of dollars. I have a Vortech kit with the V-3 supercharger, ARH long tubes and magnaflow mufflers and im making about 650 HP at the crank, only cost me about 8k as opposed to 20k

4xchamp 01-01-2010 05:09 PM

We've done many blowers / turbos , the 02 turbo Z 28 was all fabricated in house . I should have mentioned that .
I'm basically debating blower vs turbo and am anxious to get going on it .
Thanks , Jimmy

east TX Muscle cars 01-01-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xSSkier874 (Post 1338601)
most of what your paying for with Hennessey and Lingenfelter is the name. You can piece together the same kits and save your self thousand of dollars. I have a Vortech kit with the V-3 supercharger, ARH long tubes and magnaflow mufflers and im making about 650 HP at the crank all only cost me about 8k as opposed to 20k

EXACTLY! we can get you the same hp and quility and get it done for you for less we GUARANTEE IT! if you looking for a 650 RWHP kit we can take care of you and do i for way less than 20k!:thumbup::thumbup:

paul2010 01-01-2010 07:26 PM

From what I have seen Lingenfelter is one of the first and only shops that will also include a completely forged internal engine with the 650 hp package. That is also under 20k and you also can get a 3 year 36,000 mile drivetrain warranty. Can't go wrong especially when and if you sell it. They are also the best engine builders out there.

4xchamp 01-01-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul2010 (Post 1339092)
From what I have seen Lingenfelter is one of the first and only shops that will also include a completely forged internal engine with the 650 hp package. That is also under 20k and you also can get a 3 year 36,000 mile drivetrain warranty. Can't go wrong especially when and if you sell it. They are also the best engine builders out there.

There are many talented guys that can meet or exceed Lingenfelter quality .
I just had a 2009 Lingenfelter 650 ZO6 on consignment and had many expert tire kickers tell me why they wouldn't pay a premium for the LPE 650 pkg , they all basically wanted to rob it .
In most instances modified cars are harder to sell .

4xchamp 01-01-2010 08:46 PM

Does any one know what the stick trans and diff can take on the street ?

SupremacyCustoms 01-01-2010 08:55 PM

Look into STS trubos u can get 650hp with the kit no prob real easy bolt on kit. We have a great deal on them to.

paul2010 01-01-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xchamp (Post 1339331)
There are many talented guys that can meet or exceed Lingenfelter quality .
I just had a 2009 Lingenfelter 650 ZO6 on consignment and had many expert tire kickers tell me why they wouldn't pay a premium for the LPE 650 pkg , they all basically wanted to rob it .
In most instances modified cars are harder to sell .

This was just my opinion and a result of weeks of internet research about different performance shops. Also the reason why my camaro is there now!! You asked what we think and what are our experiences so there is mine.

CamaroSpike23 01-01-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks (Post 1338536)
My first and only suggestion is that you spend some good time educating yourself on three types of F/I (PD S/C, Centri and Turbo). They are all great and after studying, and finding out the pros and cons, you'll make a better informed decision. Learn first then pull the plug.
My 2 cents! Good luck with your new baby!

the three types of F/I are Turbocharge, Supercharge, and Nitrous.

Centrifugal chargers are superchargers. :thumbsup:

Mr. Wyndham 01-01-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xchamp (Post 1338503)
My brother says turbo it , He has a Turbocharged 2000 Z28 . I'm not really keen on that because of the underhood heat they generate but I am keen on the fact he can turn a knob , add race gas and get to another power level .

If that's your concern...check out STS Turbo. They've got a system that seems right up your ally. :)

4xchamp 01-01-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul2010 (Post 1339479)
This was just my opinion and a result of weeks of internet research about different performance shops. Also the reason why my camaro is there now!! You asked what we think and what are our experiences so there is mine.

Good luck with it .
The LPE 650 we had was quite a car and nicely done , I know your car will be rocket .
My point was they are not the only ones capable and qualified , and that these modified cars only command premiums from hard cores like us .
Let us know when it's done and post photos .