Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2011 Synergy Green ordering starts 7/1, Hurst Short Throw Shifter production in Aug. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92131)

badbandit12 06-28-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recontango (Post 2037842)
:word:

Thanks Chevy for making our special edition not so special... Paint color is one thing, but also offering the interior inserts... BS! :mad0260:

i have to aggree with you. It does piss me off I have had lots of GM's I hate to think it to be my last over this.

formare 06-28-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badbandit12 (Post 2037924)
i have to aggree with you. It does piss me off I have had lots of GM's I hate to think it to be my last over this.

They already have our money - so no need to keep us happy. Might as well try to rake in as much cash as possible. Who needs to worry about owner loyalty.

ckaram 06-28-2010 09:25 PM

Hey, at least you have the stitching and you're the first year...

jmaryt 06-29-2010 01:22 AM

Quote:

:word:

Thanks Chevy for making our special edition not so special... Paint color is one thing, but also offering the interior inserts... BS! :mad0260:

it's all about the "money" my man!..unfortunately!

CamaroScotty 06-29-2010 07:26 AM

Just as I reported last week ;)

Hylton 06-29-2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregg37 (Post 2036791)
I've actually been considering removing my stripes on my Synergy and replacing them with white hockey stripes. More likely going with flat black though.

I'm into the older one's and the white stripes are a bit of a throw-back:

http://www.automotivetraveler.com/im...front_view.jpg

Hot Rod 06-29-2010 11:42 AM

I've learned something here - don't believe everything the dealer tells you. Synergy Camaro is the only reason I seriously want to buy this car. When I spoke to the owners of the first one I saw they told me about the limited nature of the car the way the dealer described it and to them he made it sound like this color was never coming out again. Dealers, salesman know almost nothing. They don't love these cars like you they, they're there to make money.

In a lot of ways the Synergy Edition is limited because that package may never be offered again. If you got it at a reasonable price you really are getting a lot of value from the synergy package. It was still a good buy.

Bond 06-29-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Chrysler did the same thing with the Rescue Green color on the Jeep Wrangler. The color came from a concept called the Jeep Rescue which the JK Wrangler (Unlimited) is based off. So in 2007 when the JK was released, they offered a "This Year Only" Rescue Green option. Because of populairity, can you guess what happened in '08.. and '09.. and 2010?

HumanWiki 06-29-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 350 HRSS (Post 2037558)
I agree with you 100%. I have a Synergy Green as well, my dealership only received 1, and I bought it, along with the other 2 2010 SS cars we have.

Now they will be everywhere...would have been nice to keep it exclusive. The green stitching is the only thing they can't order....most won't know what they are looking at.

Oh well :facepalm:

Yup, way bad form on GM's part... Part of the appeal of that Edition was the fact that the color was only available in that Edition.. Now, it's nothing special... I would be really p/o'd @ GM right now for a blunder like this.. They should have choosen a different green if they wanted to mass produce a Camaro in Green that wasn't the SG SE.

///sigh..

camarox 06-29-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Rod (Post 2040264)
I've learned something here - don't believe everything the dealer tells you. Synergy Camaro is the only reason I seriously want to buy this car. When I spoke to the owners of the first one I saw they told me about the limited nature of the car the way the dealer described it and to them he made it sound like this color was never coming out again. Dealers, salesman know almost nothing. They don't love these cars like you they, they're there to make money.

In a lot of ways the Synergy Edition is limited because that package may never be offered again. If you got it at a reasonable price you really are getting a lot of value from the synergy package. It was still a good buy.

Dealers didn't know this color was going to be offered again.... people asked for it and GM is delivering.

JS 06-30-2010 12:37 AM

Camaro's are everywhere,color means nothing
ENJOY YOUR CAR :)

subzero05 06-30-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam#7 (Post 2037822)
It doesn't say if the Hurst shifter is available on the V6. The 2011 ordering form only shows it available on the SS.

No, it will not be offered for the V6 model. The Hurst aftermarket one will work on the V6

leperkhaun 06-30-2010 01:08 PM

does anyone have a picture of the hurst shifter?

slick rick 06-30-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leperkhaun (Post 2044838)
does anyone have a picture of the hurst shifter?

What it looks like in the cabin? See post 16, it was taken from a 2011 CTF

Or you want the unit itself?