Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   2nd Annual Camaro5Fest C5F II ??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78271)

brandotron 04-19-2010 06:55 PM

Well, if it's close enough to me I can bring my car to the track. If not, I can fly out and be a drunk idiot while others tear up the track. It's a win-win either way :laugh:

Mr Smith 04-19-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandotron (Post 1741014)
Well, if it's close enough to me I can bring my car to the track. If not, I can fly out and be a drunk idiot while others tear up the track. It's a win-win either way :laugh:

Thats the spirit! Hmm..Not a half bad idea actually.

DGthe3 04-19-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khislop007 (Post 1737234)
Well I missed it this year......but hell if I'm gonna miss next years!!!!

Where's it gonna be?:iono:

This years event didn't really start getting planned until later in the fall of last year ...

Scott@Bjorn3D 04-19-2010 08:22 PM

I am trying to talk them into having it in Topeka, KS.

Here is the track there. We could have dragstrip and road coarse. Pretty much the middle of the USA for all to hook up at.

http://www.hpt.com/

IROCanSS 04-19-2010 08:41 PM

Kansas.... thats the same exact distance as GA for me and it is centrally located BUT... you need to look at popultion desity...

There are more people within a days drive to Lexington, KY then any other city. I suggest having it somewhere centrally located to the POPULATION DENSITY not the GEOGRAPHY of the country. Sure, it screws the people on the west coast but so what, they live on the west coast... They have 70 degrees and sunny year round!

I think you would see more people attend if it were around KY or TN... problem is where? SGMP was awesome and i'd have no problems going back there and I'd make it a longer trip. Maybe spend a few days in Savannah.

Dan@showstopper 04-19-2010 08:42 PM

I think a more central location would be better for attendance. I'm not complaining, just saying people from the west coast would more inclined to make the trip.

REVOLUTIONSS 04-19-2010 08:45 PM

we will be there ..wherever ,whenever....except for tomorrow the team has gotta catch up on sleep.

IROCanSS 04-19-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan@showstopper (Post 1741525)
I think a more central location would be better for attendance. I'm not complaining, just saying people from the west coast would more inclined to make the trip.

maybe...

kga10734 04-19-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themossman (Post 1739781)
Double that...and you'd still be short of what showed up in South Georgia this weekend. Not trying to be controversial...and I get your point (and agree), but I'd be willing to bet that if there's ANYWHERE in the country that has a higher concentration of 'Camaro fans'...it would be the south-eastern US. Did I just stereotype us all???? :D

I vote TX as well.

According to the squirrel there has been 12,074 Camaros sold in TX and 7,181 Camaros sold in CA and remember a lot of those where for the rental company and 4,897 Camaros sold in FL

So what some people are saying on the East Coast is keep it close to home so I don't have to travel very far and make everybody else make the drive. I would like to have gone to this one this year but don't have any more vacation time till June. If it is going to be on the East Coast every time, you can forget about a lot of members ever making it to one of the C5Fest. I understand about having it in the same place every year, but you are asking the same people to drive across country every time if they want to attend.

Ject 04-19-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Js (Post 1739255)
Don't forget the other 1/2 of the country who only a few could make it that far! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyDavisWife (Post 1739557)
Vegas baby!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Be there in a heartbeat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Js (Post 1739661)
+1 ;)

Vegas Speedway!

+1000 to all this.
Georgia is just a hair too far of a drive for me, a state or 2 more east or north east would help a lot of these West coasters on here. Vegas sounds pretty awesome but whatever works i guess.

Being from Kansas, I am pretty centrally located geographically speaking so anywhere is almost a do-able drive for me.

When speaking of population maps... is that really just if you are trying to get Camaro people to show up? Maybe a Geographical Camaro sales map is more reasonable? Dunno just thinking out loud here lol

Mark A Collier Sr 04-19-2010 09:35 PM

I vote for any MAJOR NASCAR TRACK!!! Atlanta motor speedway, Talladega.... Something where we can see what our cars can do BEYOND 10 to 14 seconds at a time!!! :D10 laps at 155 mph!!!!!:D :thumbup:THAT sounds good to me!!! :thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

IROCanSS 04-19-2010 09:43 PM

Mark... I am SO in for that... much more exciting that a 12 or 13 second ride...

and the auto x is fun, just too short!

Someone mentioned Mid-Ohio, It is a road course, dont think there is a drag but thought I'd toss it out there...

Xanthos 04-19-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 1741888)
Mark... I am SO in for that... much more exciting that a 12 or 13 second ride...

and the auto x is fun, just too short!

Someone mentioned Mid-Ohio, It is a road course, dont think there is a drag but thought I'd toss it out there...

Topeka, as mentioned earlier, has both a road course and a drag strip. :laugh:

http://www.hpt.com/uploads/new%20fac...ith%20text.pdf
- X

Ject 04-19-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark A Collier Sr (Post 1741842)
I vote for any MAJOR NASCAR TRACK!!! Atlanta motor speedway, Talladega.... Something where we can see what our cars can do BEYOND 10 to 14 seconds at a time!!! :D10 laps at 155 mph!!!!!:D :thumbup:THAT sounds good to me!!! :thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

+5000 billion