Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Vitesse vs. JMS PedalMax Throttle Controllers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432675)

camguynj 12-30-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARVIL (Post 8814447)
Email from JMS,

"Good day, yes pedalmax will work with your 2014 Camaro v6, and will do so without throwing any check engine lights. As far as the ported throttle body is concerned, I have never tried one on a ported throttle body on a v6 Camaro but have not had any issues with ported throttle bodies on other vehicles, so I don’t foresee any issues. As long as there aren’t any modifications to your throttle pedal assembly or electronics on the throttle body then there should be no issues. Made in the US with US parts."

I think I will take the chance here and give this throttle controller a try.

Are you going to get the Control Knob option too?

C-redfly 12-30-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARVIL (Post 8814447)
Email from JMS,

"Good day, yes pedalmax will work with your 2014 Camaro v6, and will do so without throwing any check engine lights. As far as the ported throttle body is concerned, I have never tried one on a ported throttle body on a v6 Camaro but have not had any issues with ported throttle bodies on other vehicles, so I don’t foresee any issues. As long as there aren’t any modifications to your throttle pedal assembly or electronics on the throttle body then there should be no issues. Made in the US with US parts."

I think I will take the chance here and give this throttle controller a try.

Sounds sweet! How much does it cost? Look forward to hearing some feedback. If the feedback is good I would switch over just because it's made in the US.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

C-redfly 12-30-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghosted (Post 8811782)
I did receive it. Let me see how much time passed between when I ordered it and when I received it. Did you order it directly through Vitesse?

I just receive mine as well. They didn't send me any confirmation emails or any tracking information! But it ended up in my mail box today.

MARVIL 12-30-2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-redfly (Post 8815048)
Sounds sweet! How much does it cost? Look forward to hearing some feedback. If the feedback is good I would switch over just because it's made in the US.

It's a bit pricier than the Vitesse. I plan on getting the knob option. $319 total. Seems pricey, but I've been seeing more and more bad reviews. I also looked at the marketplace here, many are selling theirs.

In my opinion, I'd rather take a leap into this JMS one. (Hopefully I can prove this "you get what you pay for" theory right)

MARVIL 12-30-2015 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camguynj (Post 8814861)
Are you going to get the Control Knob option too?

Yeah. I plan on getting that option. *crosses fingers*

ghosted 12-30-2015 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARVIL (Post 8815055)
It's a bit pricier than the Vitesse. I plan on getting the knob option. $319 total. Seems pricey, but I've been seeing more and more bad reviews. I also looked at the marketplace here, many are selling theirs.

In my opinion, I'd rather take a leap into this JMS one. (Hopefully I can prove this "you get what you pay for" theory right)

Food for thought, the fact that the Vitesse is for sale on here more often than the PedalMax isn't an indicator of quality. Many people sell them when they switch to a custom tune, and the Vitesse also seems more popular, so there are going to be more of them out there.

Not saying that this makes them better by any means, but I just didn't want you thinking the prevalence of Vitesses for sale meant that it was junk.

MARVIL 12-30-2015 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghosted (Post 8815058)
Food for thought, the fact that the Vitesse is for sale on here more often than the PedalMax isn't an indicator of quality. Many people sell them when they switch to a custom tune, and the Vitesse also seems more popular, so there are going to be more of them out there.

Not saying that this makes them better by any means, but I just didn't want you thinking the prevalence of Vitesses for sale meant that it was junk.

I'm aware of that. Then again many selling (if they aren't happy with it) won't exactly tell you that either.

I did mention before that statement, that I've seen more and more bad reviews. I'm using that as my indicator. = )

It's good to hear though that you are pleased with yours. To each his own.

C-redfly 12-30-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARVIL (Post 8815055)

There's definitely nothing wrong with paying a little more for something that will work trouble free. It's like buying a peace of mind knowing you won't have engine power reduced displayed on the dash at any given moment. I just learned about the controllers in general and really wanted one so I recently purchased and received the Vitesse today with the mindset of hoping I'm one of the members that will be saying I had my vtc for X amount of time and I'm having no issues.

MARVIL 12-30-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-redfly (Post 8815065)
There's definitely nothing wrong with paying a little more for something that will work trouble free. It's like buying a peace of mind knowing you won't have engine power reduced displayed on the dash at any given moment. I just learned about the controllers in general and really wanted one so I recently purchased and received the Vitesse today with the mindset of hoping I'm one of the members that will be saying I had my vtc for X amount of time and I'm having no issues.

Most definitely. I want peace of mind. It's only my opinion on the topic. Besides. ... I haven't seen reviews on this JMS so I'm going to take the leap with the hope that I'll be happy with my purchase. Plus I can give a review on it.

Unfortunately nobody has both to make a comparison.

C-redfly 12-30-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARVIL (Post 8815072)
Most definitely. I want peace of mind. It's only my opinion on the topic. Besides. ... I haven't seen reviews on this JMS so I'm going to take the leap with the hope that I'll be happy with my purchase. Plus I can give a review on it.

Yeah it makes perfect sense to take the leap, if I would have known about the pedalmax option I would have gone with them as well.
I really hope it works out for you. Time will only tell.

ghosted 12-30-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARVIL (Post 8815062)
I'm aware of that. Then again many selling (if they aren't happy with it) won't exactly tell you that either.

I did mention before that statement, that I've seen more and more bad reviews. I'm using that as my indicator. = )

It's good to hear though that you are pleased with yours. To each his own.

No worries, and I wish you the best of luck with yours (and will hope and pray that I don't have issues with mine! :) )

MARVIL 12-31-2015 01:38 AM

Got that right!

camguynj 12-31-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARVIL (Post 8815072)

Can't wait to get your feedback on the PedalMax. Good Luck ! Got a feeling that this one's the real deal. Interesting that the PedalMax install doesn't require a calibration step (only a battery disconnect & reconnect ) compared to the VTC calibration process.

Djinn 12-31-2015 11:38 AM

I keep mine on sp9. Been that way for around 2 years now. V6 auto.