Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Vitesse vs. JMS PedalMax Throttle Controllers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432675)

kraut1971 12-11-2015 08:27 PM

Vitesse vs. JMS PedalMax Throttle Controllers

I see a lot of members use the Vitesse Throttle Controller but was wondering if anyone has heard of (or uses) the JMS PedalMax Throttle Controller. Wondering if one product is superior to the other, or if they are basically the same product and it's just coincidence I have only read about the Vitesse brand so far.

I just had MRT install my V2 exhaust system and they happened to have a brochure on JMS PedalMax which was the first time I ever heard of that particular brand. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

ghosted 12-12-2015 02:30 AM

I just ordered the Vitesse Controller myself, should be here any day now. To be honest, I hadn't heard or looked for any others as the Vitesse seems to get rave reviews around here, so I didn't bother.

I'd be curious as to what people thought of the other brands, as well.

SinginHawk 12-12-2015 04:18 AM

What's the point of dabbling in other brands if one has proven themselves to be worth your time and money?

Saving a few bucks today isn't worth the headache tomorrow. Leave the experimenting for the fabricators and inventors of the products we buy unless you're savvy enough to make the part or modification yourself.

camguynj 12-12-2015 06:04 AM

I'd be interested in the JMS controller as well as there have been a LOT of users who have had CEL/REP/Stabilitrac problems with the VTC (mostly with the higher settings) and some that happened after mos of use with mid-range settings suggesting the quality of the VTC control unit is questionable given its made in China. The problems are a result of voltage miss matches between the TPS (Throttle Positions Sensor) and the PPS (Pedal Position Sensor) which the ECU is designed to detect. Any throttle/pedal accelerator product has to increase the voltage to provide the increased accelerator/no pedal lag affect. So the same TPS voltage miss matches might occur with the PedalMax at its higher settings? Not much info I could find on the PedalMax only a few Mustang & Vette posts with good things to say, didn't see anything that mentioned CEL type problems but sample was too small.

One thing is obvious is that JMS seems to be a much more established company with a history & stable of manufacturing electronic performance accessories compared to Vitesse (just compare their website info - there is no comparison). Vitesse is basically a mom & pop business who buys the VTC control unit from china, programs it for the Camaro and attaches GM harnesses to it. Maybe that's why the cost difference between the two which doesn't necessarly make one better than the other. That's why I'd like to know more about the Pedal Max too. Maybe its control unit circuitry is better made with better parts and higher tolerances which would prevent CELs/REP/Stabilitac issuses ?

Info -Sent a email to JMS asking is their unit's circuit board is made in USA , they said YES and ONLY TC whose circuit board pins are made of solid gold !

https://slingshotonly.com/polaris-sl...e-sso-product/

1Coopgt 12-12-2015 10:41 AM

I'll stick with my VTC . thanks :happy0180:

Jason@JacFab 12-12-2015 10:49 AM

Vitesse vs. JMS PedalMax Throttle Controllers

http://www.freepower88.com.tw/produc...ductid=112#aaa

http://www.freepower88.com.tw/p2.html

Look familiar?

MARVIL 12-12-2015 10:49 AM

I'd definitely like to see a review on the JMS.

I've seen mixed reviews on the VTC. I'm not one to buy just because everyone has it but more along the lines on which is the best. Being that JMS is out there, before making a decision I'd like to see what JMS has to offer.

MARVIL 12-12-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab (Post 8784223)

I saw this a while back while doing searches. I could never find the damn thing again.

Thanks JacFab.

yzark99 12-14-2015 12:47 AM

Arte Johnson: "Very Interesting..."

Dizzy82 12-14-2015 08:52 AM

I'll stick with my VTC.

yzark99 12-14-2015 10:03 AM

Since Viteese doesn't actually make these, and is only a reseller, I wonder if I can get the exact same thing direct from China for $50. No reason to overpay for it.

Awit92 12-14-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yzark99 (Post 8787102)
Since Viteese doesn't actually make these, and is only a reseller, I wonder if I can get the exact same thing direct from China for $50. No reason to overpay for it.

It's my understanding you would still need to program it to be compatible with the Camaro ECU as well as purchase a harness from GM.

camguynj 12-15-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camguynj (Post 8783917)
I'd be interested in the JMS controller as well as there have been a LOT of users who have had CEL/REP/Stabilitrac problems with the VTC (mostly with the higher settings) and some that happened after mos of use with mid-range settings suggesting the quality of the VTC control unit is questionable given its made in China. The problems are a result of voltage miss matches between the TPS (Throttle Positions Sensor) and the PPS (Pedal Position Sensor) which the ECU is designed to detect. Any throttle/pedal accelerator product has to increase the voltage to provide the increased accelerator/no pedal lag affect. So the same TPS voltage miss matches might occur with the PedalMax at its higher settings? Not much info I could find on the PedalMax only a few Mustang & Vette posts with good things to say, didn't see anything that mentioned CEL type problems but sample was too small.

One thing is obvious is that JMS seems to be a much more established company with a history & stable of manufacturing electronic performance accessories compared to Vitesse (just compare their website info - there is no comparison). Vitesse is basically a mom & pop business who buys the VTC control unit from china, programs it for the Camaro and attaches GM harnesses to it. Maybe that's why the cost difference between the two which doesn't necessarly make one better than the other. That's why I'd like to know more about the Pedal Max too. Maybe its control unit circuitry is better made with better parts and higher tolerances which would prevent CELs/REP/Stabilitac issuses ?

12/15/15 - Sent a email to JMS asking is their unit's circuit board is made in USA , they said YES

MARVIL 12-16-2015 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camguynj (Post 8790082)
12/15/15 - Sent a email to JMS asking is their unit's circuit board is made in USA , they said YES

well hot damn! made in the USA. = )

BigRed585Lbs 12-16-2015 04:10 PM

So.....what does the extra $110.00 get me?

bleavens1962 12-16-2015 04:31 PM

If the JMS unit gets some good reviews from people here , I might have to look into it. Tried the VTC previously, not happy with issues I had , and not impressed with explanations on others issues..Just my $.02

ls_sean 12-16-2015 05:41 PM

i was ready to pull the trigger on the VTC but some of the complaints im seeing have me a bit weary now

C-redfly 12-21-2015 05:07 PM

I just pulled the trigger on the vtc. I hope it work out good. This kind off the subject but regarding the reduced power, has anyone read the way to reset it is turn the car off, open the driver door and turn the key to the start position for so many seconds. A while ago it happened to me and I Google searched and found that remedy but I can't remember the exact process now years later and I can't find that thread.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

MARVIL 12-21-2015 05:16 PM

I thought you had to disconnect the battery for so many seconds.... smdh. Yeah, def not going to get the VTC.

C-redfly 12-21-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARVIL (Post 8799883)
I thought you had to disconnect the battery for so many seconds.... smdh. Yeah, def not going to get the VTC.

Nahh, just turn the car off and open the driver door. I'm sure the key has to be turned to the start position without starting the car up of course. I had to do it twice throughout the 4 years of owning my 2012.

ghosted 12-21-2015 07:05 PM

No problems with the VTC here.

C-redfly 12-22-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infidel2015 (Post 8800080)
No problems with the VTC here.

What sp number do you run it at. someone wrote the car doesn't like for it to stay at sp9

ghosted 12-22-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-redfly (Post 8800600)
What sp number do you run it at. someone wrote the car doesn't like for it to stay at sp9

For the first few days, I was running SP4, but I decided to stick it on SP9 and adjust to the sensitivity. Now, with proper pedal control, I can easy take off smoothly from a stop. Took a little getting used to, but I like it. I've had it for about 1.5-2 weeks or so, and though it's early, I'm not having any issues.

What do others say that makes it not "like" sp9?

6 speed manual here, btw.

C-redfly 12-22-2015 07:28 PM

Ok sounds good for 2 weeks so far. I guess they where saying it's more prone to give the reduced power at sp9. Might not be true though.
So you would say it really makes a difference? Can you spin the wheels easy?

ghosted 12-22-2015 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-redfly (Post 8800954)
Ok sounds good for 2 weeks so far. I guess they where saying it's more prone to give the reduced power at sp9. Might not be true though.
So you would say it really makes a difference? Can you spin the wheels easy?

Yeah, wheel spin is easy to come by for sure, definitely easier than before...but I also have the M6 that allows me to kinda manipulate that factor a bit easier than the A6 guys, if I ever want to.

I should make a couple videos or something with it set to SP0 and SP9....I'm just not much of a video personality!

C-redfly 12-23-2015 12:34 AM

Okay no video needed, I'll take you work for it. I'm waiting on mine to ship. I can't wait to try it out.

Blazer098 12-23-2015 01:53 AM

I've had my VTC for almost a year and keep it at SP9 24/7. No issues at all.

C-redfly 12-26-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazer098 (Post 8801381)

That's reassuring. What other mods do you have!

camguynj 12-26-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazer098 (Post 8801381)

Which car the V6 or V8 Manual or auto ?

C-redfly 12-29-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghosted (Post 8783865)
I just ordered the Vitesse Controller myself, should be here any day now. To be honest, I hadn't heard or looked for any others as the Vitesse seems to get rave reviews around here, so I didn't bother.

I'd be curious as to what people thought of the other brands, as well.

Did you receive your controller yet? Any feedback. I ordered mine on the 21st, 8 days ago and haven't even got a email verification.

ghosted 12-29-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-redfly (Post 8811779)
Did you receive your controller yet? Any feedback. I ordered mine on the 21st, 8 days ago and haven't even got a email verification.

Edit: ordered it on the 7th and I didn't get a tracking number or anything, so I'm not sure when I got it, but I think it only took about a week +/- a day or so.

I did receive it. Let me see how much time passed between when I ordered it and when I received it. Did you order it directly through Vitesse?

C-redfly 12-29-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghosted (Post 8811782)
I did receive it. Let me see how much time passed between when I ordered it and when I received it. Did you order it directly through Vitesse?

Ok, do you like it thus far? And yeah I ordered directly from their website using PayPal. All I have is the PayPal receipt confirming they got the payment. Maybe they took some time off for the holidays.

ghosted 12-29-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-redfly (Post 8811793)
Ok, do you like it thus far? And yeah I ordered directly from their website using PayPal. All I have is the PayPal receipt confirming they got the payment. Maybe they took some time off for the holidays.

I think it's probably the best mod I've added so far, and it was probably the easiest to install, also. It obviously didn't add any power, but it greatly increases throttle response.

I've also got a CAI and VMAX ported throttle body installed, with a ported intake and Holley blackheart race pipes coming soon.

C-redfly 12-29-2015 12:32 PM

Ok sweet, awesome feedback. I also got the CAI, as well as a magna flow resonated xpipe. I did the 3.91 gear swap but haven't really benefitted too much from the gear swap. Maybe with the controller I'll get more results with the quicker acceleration. I also am going to get the ported intake.

ghosted 12-29-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-redfly (Post 8811853)
Ok sweet, awesome feedback. I also got the CAI, as well as a magna flow resonated xpipe. I did the 3.91 gear swap but haven't really benefitted too much from the gear swap. Maybe with the controller I'll get more results with the quicker acceleration. I also am going to get the ported intake.

I thought about getting some 3.91 gears, but I'm disappointed to hear that you didn't really notice an improvement :/

C-redfly 12-29-2015 12:39 PM

Yeah its very minimal. But a member on here said the same until he got a tune and it tightened up the shift points and the firmness of the shift and he said it's awesome now. But I cant say the same. The tune will be the last thing I do after I get the ported intake.

Jasper 12-29-2015 01:33 PM

I ran the VTC all last season with zero issues. Not to say I won't see any in the future, but if I do, that one season paid for itself in fun. I'll just buy another each year.

I have an SS, manual, with intake, tune, and axleback.

From everything I've read so far, it seems to be problematic for guys who messed with their throttle bodies in some way.

J

ghosted 12-29-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper (Post 8812034)
I ran the VTC all last season with zero issues. Not to say I won't see any in the future, but if I do, that one season paid for itself in fun. I'll just buy another each year.

I have an SS, manual, with intake, tune, and axleback.

From everything I've read so far, it seems to be problematic for guys who messed with their throttle bodies in some way.

J

Mike combined with the ported throttle body hasn't given me any issues yet

ryanyoung1768 12-29-2015 01:57 PM

I had such crappy service from Vitesse on shift levers that I'll never buy anything from them, no matter what the claimed enhancement. That's my personal input on it. I'd love one of these and will look into the JMax. I'm not going to let them break my car twice.

Uhile3 12-30-2015 11:22 AM

Problems with Vitesse

I had the Vitesse on my car for a while and it was working fine but then it kept throwing codes and putting my car into reduced power mode. Had another one sent out to me and kept having issues so I just took it off. Going into reduced power mode driving on the highway was not fun.