Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I Pod trouble (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30692)

CJ Offshoredude 07-03-2009 11:37 AM

I Pod trouble

Hello, I was in my car this morning and for some reason the stereo would not identify my I pod, it worked great 2 days ago, any help?
:mad0259:

trudawg660 07-03-2009 01:38 PM

mine cant find my ipod some days. i had to turn off the car and open the door. and turn the car back on the car for it to recognize it

CJ Offshoredude 07-03-2009 01:41 PM

Thanks, I will try that.

badkarma 07-03-2009 04:58 PM

Yeah, alot (actually most) of times when I shut the car off, get out and leave the iphone connected...when I come back and start her up, it does not detect it.

It's almost like the detection is done at the time when you actually plug the device in.

glambert1 07-03-2009 06:26 PM

my iphone auto reconnects for the phone but I have to re pair the ipod bluetooth every time I get in if I want to use that feature Is there a way of keeping the ipod part connected all the time like the phone part is?

CJ Offshoredude 07-03-2009 06:28 PM

Thanks to all, everything is great

joepitt 07-03-2009 09:04 PM

I've had the same problem. I though it might be a loose connection because when I cycle though the sources the AUX input doesn't show. Sometimes I've just messed with the plug in the console. I figured the plug just got loose.

manchimp 07-03-2009 11:50 PM

Same thing happens to me periodically. Usually have to retsart the car to find it.

LongbowDriver 07-04-2009 10:09 AM

yep happened to me the day after I picked the car from the dealer but restarting the car seems to solve it, just annoying though.

Red Hot SS 07-04-2009 12:54 PM

I dont know about an iPhone, but my car recognizes my iPod about 95% of the time. The times when it doesn't I just do what was mentioned before and shut off the car and open the door. That usually does the trick

scrming 07-04-2009 02:32 PM

What kind of annoys me is it switches to the IPOD by default on Start-Up.... Turn the car off with XM on... start up and it switches to IPOD... i know... nit-picking.. Also... anyone else notice the Power Plugs are NOT powered with the car is off? Not that is really annoying! I sometime would leave my phone in the car to charge when I'm at work (cells don't work where i sit)... so much for doing that now! LOL!

Red Hot SS 07-04-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrming (Post 648486)
What kind of annoys me is it switches to the IPOD by default on Start-Up.... Turn the car off with XM on... start up and it switches to IPOD... i know... nit-picking.. Also... anyone else notice the Power Plugs are NOT powered with the car is off? Not that is really annoying! I sometime would leave my phone in the car to charge when I'm at work (cells don't work where i sit)... so much for doing that now! LOL!

Since I use my iPod for most of my in-car audio listening, I kinda like this feature. However, I could see how it would be annoying if you use several different mediums of audio while in the car on a daily basis

2SSJIM 07-04-2009 03:30 PM

I haven't had any problems with my IPOD part of my IPHONE in the car yet! If I turn off the car with it still hooked up, it starts right up on the last song I was playing but thanks to all you that have posted, I'll know what to do when it does clitch!

haulass350 07-05-2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trudawg660 (Post 645880)
mine cant find my ipod some days. i had to turn off the car and open the door. and turn the car back on the car for it to recognize it

This