Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Lingenfelter 2010 Camaro SS Body Enhancement Components Clay Modeling Process (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37646)

third1 08-17-2009 09:22 PM

I would like to see a real working cowl hood, the rear spoiler looks like the bow of a boat. Tone it down a bit

anthonybyram 08-17-2009 09:24 PM

First I wanna say Thanks for the info and pics, gotta agree with Blur, the hood openings need to more closely match the factory facia slit. The chin spoiler and sides are awesome. Not feeling the rear spoiler, this is just my opinion now. Please dont get angry. How about a second generation style dovetail spoiler? That is a piece Id like to see someone make! :w00t:

ClaymoreZ28 08-17-2009 09:25 PM

Overall effect is terrible

Take a perfectly good clean design and add too many apertures, angles and vents

I also dont understand the obsession with "functional" hood scoops - when superchargers seem to be doing pretty nicely without them.

Ringo 08-17-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaymoreZ28 (Post 810530)
Overall effect is terrible

Take a perfectly good clean design and add too many apertures, angles and vents

I also dont understand the obsession with "functional" hood scoops - when superchargers seem to be doing pretty nicely without them.

Not everyone has a supercharger. Functional hoodscoops let the cold air in. Cold air = more power. Get the obsession?

TaylorRyanSS 08-17-2009 09:35 PM

I want the gfx!! the hood looks sweet too

spoiler not so much :barf:

djsnoflake 08-17-2009 09:39 PM

Reserving judgement until anything near final starts being shown.

Maybe a few more angles on some of this stuff too, n'ect ce pas?

skiptomaloo 08-17-2009 10:49 PM

installation

Hope the use something besides 2 sided tape on the front spoiler,, IT DOSENT HOLD

jgisonfire 08-17-2009 11:50 PM

I'm surprised no one has noticed picture 3 is different than the rest... I like the hood on the other. I personally like the spoiler and think a tallish "nascar" style spoiler would be cool, but this one is different, more distinguished than the nascar style would be.

Long time watcher first time poster love the sight, the Camaro and all things Chevy performance related.

Revo1 08-18-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiptomaloo (Post 810991)
Hope the use something besides 2 sided tape on the front spoiler,, IT DOSENT HOLD

That's alright, let it fall off...

Looks like the stock spoiler, but rick Moranis got to it. "Honey, I blew up the spoiler and made it look like crap..."

Andro 08-18-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ2010 (Post 806186)
The front spoiler is the best part.........

+1

DntWrryBeHappy21 08-18-2009 12:22 AM

yeah i like the front lip and sideskirts better but i'm not too sure about the rear (spoiler and kit)

Doc 08-18-2009 01:25 AM

What's the purpose of all this? I know Lingenfelter has a great reputation and all but honestly this looks like something cobbled together from totally unrelated parts out of a J.C. Whitney catalog. Is this supposed to be a race car? A special-effects movie car? What's the theme supposed to be? Or is this just a mule to try out bits and pieces that aren't intended to go together?

The hood looks cheesy; the gills are too wide and don't fit at all. The spoiler is way too much and looks like the brim of a banker's visor upside down.

These are such beautiful cars; why do this? Sorry but this just looks like rice American-style to me.

DkknightX 08-18-2009 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen (Post 810271)
looks like i found my new ground effects package and hood! that thing is gonna look sick! i love it.

Wow, you really have no taste and an itch to spend a fortune on a name brand. If you want function over form, get a pair of New Balance over those Air Jordans. From Lingenfelter, you should be able to have your form AND function. This kit is ungodly disgusting and absolutely hideous. How these guys are in business I'll never know. Bet you the GM exterior design team gets paid a fraction of what Lingenfelter does and Lingenfelter cannot even product remotely equal results. Very disappointing, but not suprising. :thumbdown:

Scrapppy666 08-18-2009 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jferrell88 (Post 805957)
like the front bumper and side skirts, the spoiler makes me embarrassed for the people at legenfelter and the hood is pretty much crap as well

+1000

I understand Lingenfelter takes things to another level with body design but I really hope this isn't a final design... There have been better looking hood and spoiler designs posted here by amateurs... jmo :drinking: