Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2014 Camaro5 Fest (V) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   camaro fest in baytown tx ( disappointed in the vendors ) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356869)

Trivera 05-05-2014 11:20 PM

camaro fest in baytown tx ( disappointed in the vendors )

I had a really great time at camaro fest meet new people seen alot of awesome cars.. except for the vendors most had products for sale and some did not... not gonna mention which ones but I'm pretty sure yall know they are... what was the point of them being there if they Where Not gonna sell their parts..... Booooo...They said we could order on line but I wanted the parts right then and there at the fest... oh ya not all the vendors where there also... well they lost my business at the fest

lscamaro 05-05-2014 11:48 PM

You're mad because you expected every single vendor to be there? The last few years a lot of vendors took a lot of merchandise and ended up returning with most of it. I guess they decided not to go through that expense again.

DuhKoDuh 05-06-2014 12:37 AM

The fest was great, just wish there were MORE vendors!

hrpiii 05-06-2014 06:14 AM

I enjoyed getting to know the vendors more personally, and them taking the time to listen to the customers. I enjoyed and appreciate their time to come and support our forum.

acatlover13 05-06-2014 07:07 AM

Yea....I didn't have a problem with the "large item" vendors not bringing stuff to sell. Too many different setups, too bulky, etc. Actually got a few ideas for the future.......

Nine Ball 05-06-2014 08:06 AM

It isn't normal for vendors to bring a full inventory of parts to sell, for any event. The purpose for vendor rows is to introduce you to the product, answer technical questions, and have something for you to put your hands on. It isn't meant to be a sales row. Just like at SEMA show, nothing gets sold.

I was there, but mostly supporting customers and answering wheel related questions, and enjoying some racing in my Camaro.

Tony

Camaro_Corvette 05-06-2014 08:09 AM

Honestly, I would want my parts shipped home. You didn't travel too far, but I highly doubt a lot of members want to fill their back seats with car parts and travel with them for 2,000 miles.

mlee 05-06-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine Ball (Post 7640903)
It isn't normal for vendors to bring a full inventory of parts to sell, for any event. The purpose for vendor rows is to introduce you to the product, answer technical questions, and have something for you to put your hands on. It isn't meant to be a sales row. Just like at SEMA show, nothing gets sold.

I was there, but mostly supporting customers and answering wheel related questions, and enjoying some racing in my Camaro.

Tony

^^^This

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 7640915)
Honestly, I would want my parts shipped home. You didn't travel too far, but I highly doubt a lot of members want to fill their back seats with car parts and travel with them for 2,000 miles.

^^^and This

Also, there were vendors working all weekend doing actual installs. Not something you see at most shows. We basically give them all the space they need and try and set them up so they can get cars lined up to get in and out for installations. Other shows limit to one square and charge extra for more space. We want them to show you everything they want to show or bring.

Some had long trips and had to ship their product in like Adams and then pack it up to ship all the un-sold stuff back.

willhe64 05-06-2014 08:21 AM

I've never been to a car club meet where Vendors would do actual installs. That was awesome.

The_Blur 05-06-2014 08:27 AM

It is impressive for any vendor to do installs at an event without a full shop of performance mechanics and equipment.

These guys were working out of trailers. Of course they couldn't all do installs.

f5journal 05-06-2014 08:37 AM

I had some things installed at C5F 3. Great.......But it was not fun lugging my stock parts back home in addition to the packed car I already had....luggage, cooler, and everything else.

its a syn 05-06-2014 08:42 AM

Vendors were awesome! I'm scared to look at the final tally, spent a lot more this year because they offered me deals I couldn't turn down.

BaylorCamaro 05-06-2014 08:48 AM

There is NO WAY that a vendor can bring their full inventory of parts with the limited amount of space in their trailer that they have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 7640946)
It is impressive for any vendor to do installs at an event without a full shop of performance mechanics and equipment.

These guys were working out of trailers. Of course they couldn't all do installs.

:word:

Tavo32 05-06-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine Ball (Post 7640903)

Tony

OP maybe we have different views but I completely agree with this ^^^ it's a long trip for most of these guys. I'm thankful to all the vendors for answering all my questions and curiosities. I got to know their products in depth (which is what they probably aimed for) and got me to add items to the list of mods.