Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Camaro Fest IV DRAG RACING RESULTS: Pics, vid, fun stories/chat (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311320)

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:37 PM

Camaro Fest IV DRAG RACING RESULTS: Pics, vid, fun stories/chat

1 Attachment(s)
Camaro Fest Drag Racing-Part 2

Greetings Camaro Fest IV Drag racers and fans.

This thread is to post your positive experiences, pics, time slips, thankful break/fix stories, etc.

Feel free to share-all are welcome -from Shop cars to first timers.

Thanks

Tim

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:38 PM

Friday - Bracket Racing

2 Attachment(s)
:first: The Name listed first in each pair is the winner

Shop Car Class

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 542211

Finals

Attachment 542212

Eliminations

Attachment 542213

Qualification Rd

Attachment 542214

Unlimited Class

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 542216

Finals

Attachment 542217

Elimination Round 2

Attachment 542218

Elimination Round 1

Attachment 542219

Qualification Round 2

Attachment 542220

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:39 PM

V8 Modified - Naturally Aspirated

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 542223

Finals

Attachment 542224

Elimination Round 3

Attachment 542225

Elimination Round 2

Attachment 542226

Elimination Round 1

Attachment 542227

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:39 PM

V8 Stock

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 542234

Finals

Attachment 542235

Elimination Round 1

Attachment 542236

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:40 PM

V6 Class

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 542241

Finals

Attachment 542242

Elimination Round 1

Attachment 542243

7 Attachment(s)
My pics of some of you from Brackets to come. I apologize for not having more-feel free to add yours.

To be added later

5 Attachment(s)
My pics of some of you from Heads up Modified to come. I apologize for not having more-feel free to add yours.

To be added later

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:58 PM

My Fest adventure.

It was nicer this year to have trophies instead of cash only for our Awards. They look great.

First day started out with #2, 3&4 PB ET, despite the poor DA.

I was pleased with my 2nd place finish in the brackets. Had to hold back on the tree(reaction time)-I'm use to the Pro Tree where 'Yellow means Go' . Was a close one -both of us full throttle the whole way ending up with just 0.060 difference at the finish and 0.04 off my dial in

The second day of Headsup Modified class was a good time also.
Day started out great with my first thee runs of the day spanning a total of only 0.003 seconds.
As can happen in racing events with Ladder type structure of racers, I didn't get the opportunity to race my close ET matched opponent in the semi because he got the free pass (Bye).Was still pleased with my third place.
Happy to see Neumatic take first place since he was the fastest of the Class, with being a manual tranny and cam above me, great job.

Highlight of the event for me was to receive the Team Camaro award from Dr Jamie Meyer (Chevrolet Performance Manager) -presented by himself and acompanied by lead Camaro 5 mods. Sincerely appreciated.

Hats off to all that got out there on the track for the first time*hope you enjoyed it as much as I do.

Was great to meet and put faces, names, cars, and camaro 5 usernames, together.

Hope to see many of you again next year.

RxDoc08 08-05-2013 07:42 PM

I had a great time as well. On the morning of day one I started off with 3 new personal bests. I surprised myself by beating my previous best 60 foot times by over a tenth and my personal best E.T. by over a tenth as well. While I would have looked forward to winning my class (V8 modified) coming in second wasn't bad either for my second competitive drag racing event.

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 08:13 PM

Congrats Jason and welcome to the fever. :clap2:

I have an award picture of you-ill add it this week.

GTAHVIT 08-05-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRD_WRK (Post 6861304)
My Fest adventure.

It was nicer this year to have trophies instead of cash only for our Awards. They look great.

First day started out with #2, 3&4 PB ET, despite the poor DA.

I was pleased with my 2nd place finish in the brackets. Had to hold back on the tree(reaction time)-I'm use to the Pro Tree where 'Yellow means Go' . Was a close one -both of us full throttle the whole way ending up with just 0.060 difference at the finish and 0.04 off my dial in

The second day of Headsup Modified class was a good time also.
Day started out great with my first thee runs of the day spanning a total of only 0.003 seconds.
As can happen in racing events with Ladder type structure of racers, I didn't get the opportunity to race my close ET matched opponent in the semi because he got the free pass (Bye).Was still pleased with my third place.
Happy to see Neumatic take first place since he was the fastest of the Class, with being a manual tranny and cam above me, great job.

Highlight of the event for me was to receive the Team Camaro award from Dr Jamie Meyer (Chevrolet Performance Manager) -presented by himself and acompanied by lead Camaro 5 mods. Sincerely appreciated.

Hats off to all that got out there on the track for the first time*hope you enjoyed it as much as I do.

Was great to meet and put faces, names, cars, and camaro 5 usernames, together.

Hope to see many of you again next year.

Just so you know. Dr. Meyer had no doubts that your car was the one he wanted to give an award to. Tribone and I were still looking at cars trying to decide. Dr. Meyer Kept looking at his watch asking us to hurry up, he'd made his mind up and we were making him wait... LOL

Well deserved. :thumbsup:

Neumatic 08-06-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RxDoc08 (Post 6861524)
I had a great time as well. On the morning of day one I started off with 3 new personal bests. I surprised myself by beating my previous best 60 foot times by over a tenth and my personal best E.T. by over a tenth as well. While I would have looked forward to winning my class (V8 modified) coming in second wasn't bad either for my second competitive drag racing event.

Pretty much the same for me. Most of Friday morning I was running 11.99 and faster, only ran one 11 second pass before this past weekend and it was a 11.98. Managed 2 11.99 and faster pass' Saturday one in qualification and the other on my bye.

For a second I thought I blew the race in the Finals with RxDoc, I spun off the line and was a little slow at the lights and I seen his fender start walking me before I pedaled out of the spin and actually got going. It was a nice close race, split ended up being .120.

I think they should have redone the ladder after 2 of the guys that qualified didn't come back. Would have been a lot better, no one would have had byes and it would have went a lot smoother.