Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2010 Mustang Spy Shots (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2206)

AirGoya 12-08-2007 10:06 AM

2010 Mustang Spy Shots

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

DEARBORN, Mich. — Snow and ice didn't deter Ford from testing a 2010 Mustang prototype out on the public streets. A midcycle facelift for the future Mustang was expected, but the heavily camouflaged prototype hints at an all-new front and rear fascia.

An interior update is also in the works, but spy photographers were unable to shoot the new Mustang's cabin.

Engine options are expected to remain the same as the current Mustang offerings, which include a 210-horsepower 4.0-liter V6 and a 300-hp 4.6 V8.

What this means to you: With the 2008 Dodge Challenger and 2010 Chevy Camaro breathing down its neck, the Mustang can't afford to rest on its laurels. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor

Sounds Good to me, easy competition.
That rear end looks like its got too much junk in the trunk.

Mr. Wyndham 12-08-2007 10:58 AM

Actually, I'm liking the shape ALOT. for a Mustang. ;) I've been ruising around some mustang forums for the last 2 weeks or so. ("Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer", you know?:P)

And rumor is, that the '10 stang is going to call on the Guiargio (or however you spell it) concept heavily for design cues. Not a bad choice, imo.
Rumor 'over there' is also an upgraded engine to 350hp....:iono:

As for this one, check out the hood/bonnet(for you Euro-folks;)). See that strip of bra that's a little darker than the rest? It looks like mesh, so maybe a stylish intake vent? as opposed to that afterthought they've got on the current 'stangs...

stovt001 12-08-2007 11:19 AM

Or maybe a heat extractor vent. Those often look cheesy, but if its done right it could look great.

The_Stache 12-08-2007 02:20 PM

Actually dragon the 2010 stang is codenamed the huntsman.. Ill dig up my sources but supposedly its loosing some weight and going to be shorter in the rear and front overhangs.

Mr. Wyndham 12-08-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diarmadhi (Post 33217)
Ill dig up my sources but supposedly its loosing some weight ....

I'd love to see those sources...because - Mustang with less wieght...ugh.....s'not fair - and it makes me a little sick:p

stevenm357 12-08-2007 03:54 PM

Not too b ad. They needed to do something more power or less weight. If they put a better intake in it they would put it up 25 hp..

I predict it will atleast be a 325HP rated V8 thats what they are saying about the new bullet edition just tested by one of my car mags ( MT or C&D)

WillInThe04Ranger 12-08-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 33206)
Actually, I'm liking the shape ALOT. for a Mustang. ;) I've been ruising around some mustang forums for the last 2 weeks or so. ("Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer", you know?:P)

And rumor is, that the '10 stang is going to call on the Guiargio (or however you spell it) concept heavily for design cues. Not a bad choice, imo.
Rumor 'over there' is also an upgraded engine to 350hp....:iono:

As for this one, check out the hood/bonnet(for you Euro-folks;)). See that strip of bra that's a little darker than the rest? It looks like mesh, so maybe a stylish intake vent? as opposed to that afterthought they've got on the current 'stangs...

I hope not ... do that stang will be a mess .... it wont favor a stang at all except from the front and ud have to be close up

WillInThe04Ranger 12-08-2007 11:20 PM

http://ebay.windingroad.com/newsuplo...giu-17-600.jpg

Mr. Wyndham 12-08-2007 11:57 PM

http://ebay.windingroad.com/newsuplo...giu-17-600.jpg

^ Yup, that's the Guiargio (or however you spell it:p) concept. It was a one-time, goof-around by some Italian car guy. And rumor has it, that although it won't be a mimick, the new Stang will recieve mouch of its facelift by borrowing from that.:iono:

IMO, I think the Italian guy had he Camaro on his mind when he did that;)

acscamarochick06 12-09-2007 01:21 AM

Especially with the headlights.

I hate to be "racist"... but it's a Mustang... so I don't like it. :p Personally, I think they're all ugly lol

TAG UR IT 12-09-2007 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 (Post 33281)
Especially with the headlights.

I hate to be "racist"... but it's a Mustang... so I don't like it. :p Personally, I think they're all ugly lol

I actually like the styling of the current Stangs. But that thing^^^...:barf:

If Ford builds them like that....:thumbdown:
Der goes da sales.... and...probably more Camaro sales! Actually, build them just like that Ford! That way, we can snag all your potential buyers!!!

2001ragtop 12-09-2007 07:18 PM

other pics

http://jalopnik.com/cars/2010-ford-m...ang-331120.php

There are two more spy pics here from that same car.

MTron 12-09-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 33292)
I actually like the styling of the current Stangs. But that thing^^^...:barf:

If Ford builds them like that....:thumbdown:
Der goes da sales.... and...probably more Camaro sales! Actually, build them just like that Ford! That way, we can snag all your potential buyers!!!

really? i actually kinda like it, if it weren't a ford (:barf: ) and wasn't so ubiquitous i might consider getting one (only if the camaro wasn't coming out ) As long as GM still keeps a portion of their line-up focused on affordable performance i have no intention of every straying from GM made cars!

Mr. Wyndham 12-09-2007 10:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Wow, Ford really wanted to bundle this thing up. On top of full-body padding, it's got the same sort of Cow-stamping that the Camaro has...damn.

And take a real close peak at the headlights on both of these....