Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cant Decide on V8 or V6 2010 CAMARO (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16925)

ROBSNIPE 03-28-2009 04:42 AM

Cant Decide on V8 or V6 2010 CAMARO

I can't decide on the V8 or V6!:(:iono:
i need some help from some people with more expertise...

I could buy Either, but would I be better off buying the V6 and slapping on a Turbo and get better gas mileage than V8?
would i lose respect for not getting the V8?
I know i didn't respect the people that bought V6 Mustangs and thought they were cool.:thumbdown:

I would love a V8 but my parents(who are paying for it) would be better off buying the cheaper one, but i can choose...

Please Help!!:help:
im still undecided. But im positive that i want Ground Effects pakage on Black, and the RS package!!!
:chevy:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnV...aro-SEMA_3.jpg

manimsoblack 03-28-2009 06:26 AM

2lt/rs though i voted 2SS before reading it. If you're parents are paying there'll be about an 8 grand diff between the two, so do them a favor and get the cheaper.

Angrybird 12 03-28-2009 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSNIPE (Post 368231)

I could buy Either, but would I be better off buying the V6 and slapping on a Turbo and get better gas mileage than V8?
I know i didn't respect the people that bought V6 Mustangs and thought they were cool.:thumbdown:

I would love a V8 but my parents(who are paying for it) would be better off buying the cheaper one, but i can choose...

im still undecided. But im positive that i want Ground Effects pakage on Black, and the RS package!!!

1SS, if you get the V6 and put a turbo on it I think you will be dissapointed... But get the 1ss and it will do everything you want and still have that V8 Growl... I don;t care what you do to the V6 you won;t get that sound...
Good luck deciding...

Speedfreak 03-28-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSNIPE (Post 368231)

Neither. Parents buying kid new car = EPIC FAIL. :thumbdown:

cam2fst4u 03-28-2009 11:09 AM

Hey dont pick on the guy bc his parents are buying it. Who wouldn't take a camaro if someone was buying it for them? I know I sure would (not that it would ever happen) But at least he is considering the choices. Most if told they had their choice wouldn't give it a thought and get the most expensive one. At least he isn't saying he wants the 5,000 dollar wheels too.

Z/28orSs 03-28-2009 11:17 AM

i was in your shoes not to long ago! so take my advise and get the v8 you wont regret it until its time to fill up!!!! also take it easy for the first few months RWD V8 426hp spells trouble for young drivers.

blackedout010 03-28-2009 11:19 AM

2ss rs without ground effects

Matrix 03-28-2009 12:17 PM

V8!!!! COME ON!!!!!! However, you better make a promise that you treat you and the car with care, cos I will personally come and sort you out! If I hear another story of a Camaro wrecked i am going to FLIP!!!! LOL!

FenwickHockey65 03-28-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cam2fst4u (Post 368593)
Hey dont pick on the guy bc his parents are buying it. Who wouldn't take a camaro if someone was buying it for them? I know I sure would (not that it would ever happen) But at least he is considering the choices. Most if told they had their choice wouldn't give it a thought and get the most expensive one. At least he isn't saying he wants the 5,000 dollar wheels too.

:word:

Quite honestly, I'm impressed that he's thought about making sure his parents don't pay too much. Most of the kids I know wouldn't think twice about a fully loaded 2SS/RS if their parents were buying it.

By the way...you're not going to lose any respect for getting a V6 Camaro...not with 304 HP under the hood.

Hooy 03-28-2009 12:35 PM

You won't regret either car... but your conscience will feel much better throughout the years that you picked the V6. Your parents will respect your decision, and might even reward you for thinking about their sake in the face of massive temptation. Plus, the V6 Camaro is something that adults with years of driving experience would love to have - it's something young new drivers should NEVER take for granted.

304HP, great exhaust note, sex-on-wheels looks. You got it all homie.

andyrew 03-28-2009 01:17 PM

How old are you?

Do you have a source of income?

Are you paying for the insurance?

What kind of driver are you and what kind of experience do you have?

I think the v6 is the car for you. Keep you out of trouble more, much cheaper insurance, Still plenty of power and respect from your peers, and great gas mileage.

ROBSNIPE 03-29-2009 12:13 PM

I work for my parents. They own a Restaurant, and ive been working for them since fifth grade. i go to college right now and come home on the weekends just to help them out. I got a job as an R.A. for the dorms next year which will be my sophomore year, and the school is paying for all of my housing and food, plus a 40 dollar check every 2 weeks.
i think my parents believe i deserve it. also, over 200 people applied for the job, and they only accepted 15 guys and 15 girls...

RS/SS 03-29-2009 12:28 PM

Your current ride would probably continue to suit your current lifestyle (parking in a college dorm parking lot) better than putting a nice new Camaro in that situation. Then again, if they want to buy you a new Camaro because you landed the RA position, then get whatever you want. I can't wait to see what they get you as a graduation present.:laugh:

MontyCarlo 03-29-2009 12:33 PM

I hope your classmates are nicer to people's cars than mine were. My neighbors shoved a big trash container out their front door just to watch it bounce down the steps. My car was at the bottom. There's no way I'd get something as nice as a Camaro if I didn't have a nice safe garage for it.