Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Oil Leak From Oil Cooler (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101763)

Caspers2SSRS 01-10-2013 07:16 PM

Add another one to the list.... calling dealer tomorrow.

Had Casper at the oilers today and he notified me that I had a Pretty good OIL Leak Above the Filter somehwere................. Visually Confirmed. And it ain't Pretty or Good..........Yikes~

Alvin@PCMofNC 01-10-2013 07:43 PM

If you guys can get it replaced under warranty asap. That part is pretty darn expensive from GM. I'd say about 3 out of 10 we see are leaking.

Motion427 01-12-2013 12:51 PM

Mine was leaking oil just a bit at the same area.
Mine is still under warranty,but I changed it myself
Changed the oil pan gasket. So far so good.
Haven't touch the oil cooler, yet........

carrs_crew 01-12-2013 05:11 PM

no leaks so far, was under there last weekend to replace exhaust manifolds.

coreyk 01-12-2013 08:35 PM

Mine is leaking too. Now the engine clicks. Dealer said it's bad bearing in the motor, not telling me what bearing and is waiting for chevy to tell them they can warranty it. Apparently exhaust cutouts may, or may not, cause your engine to leak oil.:iono: DUMB .... Anyway, they've had it for almost 2 weeks now and they haven't even started to look at it because they are waiting for chevy.

Oh, and they are telling me that they won't look at the clutch pedal that's been dropping halfway because they need to know that's warrantied because of the exhaust too.....

I'll make sure I mention everyone's oil leaking issues.

caverman 01-12-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motion427 (Post 6026550)
Mine was leaking oil just a bit at the same area.
Mine is still under warranty,but I changed it myself
Changed the oil pan gasket. So far so good.
Haven't touch the oil cooler, yet........

How much was the gasket and was it a hard replace?

I forgot to look at mine the last time I had it in the air but if it's still leaking I sure hate to leave it at the dealer.

mikeSS 01-13-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreyk (Post 6028057)
Mine is leaking too. Now the engine clicks. Dealer said it's bad bearing in the motor, not telling me what bearing and is waiting for chevy to tell them they can warranty it. Apparently exhaust cutouts may, or may not, cause your engine to leak oil.:iono: DUMB .... Anyway, they've had it for almost 2 weeks now and they haven't even started to look at it because they are waiting for chevy.

Oh, and they are telling me that they won't look at the clutch pedal that's been dropping halfway because they need to know that's warrantied because of the exhaust too.....

I'll make sure I mention everyone's oil leaking issues.

the same dealership that installed my cutouts also fixed my leak! i am also cammed, headers, cat back etc.....

FloppyJackson 01-13-2013 07:43 PM

Heading in for mine tomorrow. I think both the cooler and pan are leaking.

coreyk 01-14-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 6029816)
the same dealership that installed my cutouts also fixed my leak! i am also cammed, headers, cat back etc.....

So they installed cutouts in your car, after they warrantied a leak?

Could you possibly provide me with the name of that dealer?

My dealer just called me telling me they don't want to warranty it, they refuse to show me paper work saying why my cutouts caused the problem, and are demanding their loaner car back. Called chevy immediately, let's see what they have to say about the clutch pedal and the fact that their dealership is saying it's not leaking oil, when there is clearly oil all underneath the car.

mikeSS 01-14-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreyk (Post 6035050)
So they installed cutouts in your car, after they warrantied a leak?

Could you possibly provide me with the name of that dealer?

My dealer just called me telling me they don't want to warranty it, they refuse to show me paper work saying why my cutouts caused the problem, and are demanding their loaner car back. Called chevy immediately, let's see what they have to say about the clutch pedal and the fact that their dealership is saying it's not leaking oil, when there is clearly oil all underneath the car.

I went to my dealership to install some cutouts, they are supplier of QTP cutouts believe it or not lol.

A week later i had my car at my local performance shop just to do a few things. i told them to check over the car for any problems, they found the oil cooler has been leaking and said it should be warranted no problem by my dealership. because its a known problem.

i told my dealership i found a leak, and they told me to bring it in. On the phone i even mentioned i was just in getting cutouts installed last week so they would remember my car. the dealership was Rodgers chevy in MI.

marorick 01-14-2013 06:58 PM

Had mine in for an oil cooler leak cooler was replaced and problem went away starting leaking from the oil pan and took it back to the dealer said they fixed it and still leaking this will be the 6th time going in for leak very frustrating

coreyk 01-15-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 6035466)
I went to my dealership to install some cutouts, they are supplier of QTP cutouts believe it or not lol.

A week later i had my car at my local performance shop just to do a few things. i told them to check over the car for any problems, they found the oil cooler has been leaking and said it should be warranted no problem by my dealership. because its a known problem.

i told my dealership i found a leak, and they told me to bring it in. On the phone i even mentioned i was just in getting cutouts installed last week so they would remember my car. the dealership was Rodgers chevy in MI.

Well I raised hell about it at Global Automall in North Plainfield NJ. They refused to do anything about my clicking motor, oil leak, and messed up clutch pedal. He said a Chevy Technician was flown in to look at it and voided the warranty. Said they found engine codes that basically voided every single warranty the car had, including the oil leak. Then changed his mind and told me the clutch pedal is only warrantied 12 month 12,000 I have yet to find any such warranty. I also scanned the car myself and no engine codes exist.

Brought it to another Chevy dealer this morning he said everything that guy said is a lie and they will take care of it.

DO NOT USE GLOBAL AUTOMALL IN NORTH PLAINFIELD NJ! I will be filing complaints against them with the BBB, Chevy, and AAA since they are AAA approved.

mikeSS 01-15-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreyk (Post 6038227)
Well I raised hell about it at Global Automall in North Plainfield NJ. They refused to do anything about my clicking motor, oil leak, and messed up clutch pedal. He said a Chevy Technician was flown in to look at it and voided the warranty. Said they found engine codes that basically voided every single warranty the car had, including the oil leak. Then changed his mind and told me the clutch pedal is only warrantied 12 month 12,000 I have yet to find any such warranty. I also scanned the car myself and no engine codes exist.

Brought it to another Chevy dealer this morning he said everything that guy said is a lie and they will take care of it.

DO NOT USE GLOBAL AUTOMALL IN NORTH PLAINFIELD NJ! I will be filing complaints against them with the BBB, Chevy, and AAA since they are AAA approved.

funny how there is just bad dealerships.

Caspers2SSRS 01-15-2013 05:49 PM

Took Casper into the local dealer today for a look see (OIL LEAKAGE) ...............pulled into entrance bay, several female service writers walking around looking at me ( I thought) as I sat in the car..( signage states "Remain in your car due to insurance regulations"............no other customers waiting.

Anywho's the service writers all oddly disapear into their little cubicles without ever acknowledging they saw me........even though they opened the automated service bay door whenever I pulled up and closed it after I had drove in and parked.................( It was Pouring Rain Outside). So after a short while of listening to my tunes and being a good boy, I decided to exit the car and approach a writer myself. The one I walked up to, "Asked, What I was doing there."............. Duhh! and then she added, "How did I get into the bay area?" I thought she was just joshing.................apparently not! I explained to her that the door opened and I followed the posted signs regarding pulling forwards......................

Anywhose........... I told her that my car had a oil leak somewhere just above the filter.....that I needed to have it checked out and I believed it would be covered under the cars warranty. She then told me I would need a appointment. Which I responded too, by agreeing................she then asks "Wheres the Car?" ................................Mind you, I'm driving a White Camaro, with brightly multicolored nose to tail racing stripes, and its sitting twenty feet in front of her, under the brightest indoor lights known to mankind.............At that point I'm not sure whether I should run, offer her my insurance vision card, bust out laughing, or throw a temper tantrum. After another few minutes of further polite conversation she says.........Sir, I wish I could offer you the help you need , but Chevrolet doesn't offer or do warranty work on Ford Mustangs, with or without stripes. It was at this point, I knew I was going to need real help from someone sober..........that was before I came unglued.

Anyway's after a little more patience's on my part, and a gentlemans smile..........I was able to convince her I was actually standing in front of her and that I simply needed a appointment to begin the process of having the oil problem resolved......................................I must have been getting a little loud which attracted another female employee ( Another service writer) who soon joined the activities, she was a little easier to convince that I was driving the invisible Gen5 .................parked right over there. She did remind me that being that my car was at nearly 40k and well over the 36,oo0 mile warranty, that I would have to pay to have the repairs completed. Oh~ Well .....The saga continues tommorrow............At least I have a appointment at 8am. Maybe and I pray the mechanic speaks and understands manspeak:-).........................updates to follow.