Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Warning: nitrous noob with lots of questions. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294171)

Greenlantern99 05-08-2013 09:38 AM

Warning: nitrous noob with lots of questions.

I am a soon-to-be LFX A6 owner and I will be spraying it with the Ny-Trex Triple system. I understand just about all there is to know about nitrous except:

1.) How should I handle shifting with the WOT switch? Don't you have to let off the juice when you shift? And if so, how? Do you cut the arming switch off since you shouldn't let off the gas for shifting?

2.) Should I go to a colder plug with 100 shot? If so, what is the recommended plug? Will the colder plugs affect fuel milage or performance when I am not spraying? Keep in mind this will be a daily driver.

3.) Recommend fuel octane? Should my tank only contain the higher octane fuel when I spray or can it be mixed?

4.) Can I route the bottle pressure guage to driver's view? Reccomended bottle pressure?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks for looking.

SgtPickles69 05-08-2013 09:41 AM

:popcorn:

PoorMansCamaro 05-08-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenlantern99 (Post 6518496)
I am a soon-to-be LFX A6 owner and I will be spraying it with the Ny-Trex Triple system. I understand just about all there is to know about nitrous except:

1.) How should I handle shifting with the WOT switch? Don't you have to let off the juice when you shift? And if so, how? Do you cut the arming switch off since you shouldn't let off the gas for shifting?
If i'm not mistaken, with an automatic, you are WOT between shifts. the throttle body is open through every gear and between shifts. kind of like power shifting with a manual. so there's no worries about letting off on nitrous between shifts. Just mash the gas and go! ps, window switch is recommended.

2.) Should I go to a colder plug with 100 shot? If so, what is the recommended plug? Will the colder plugs affect fuel milage or performance when I am not spraying? Keep in mind this will be a daily driver.
NGK LTR7IX -11 6510 iridum is what I believe everyone is running, that has nitrous. me included, when I had it. I had no problems daily driving my car.

3.) Recommend fuel octane? Should my tank only contain the higher octane fuel when I spray or can it be mixed?
I would only put in the highest octane fuel.

4.) Can I route the bottle pressure guage to driver's view? Reccomended bottle pressure?
never got to this stage before I traded in my car. lol but i'm pretty sure you can do that. good luck!

see red :nod:

Greenlantern99 05-08-2013 10:25 AM

Much appreciated, thanks man :happy0180:

PoorMansCamaro 05-08-2013 10:36 AM

no problem, keep us updated on your track days!

john@nitrousoutlet 05-08-2013 02:16 PM

I wouldn't recommend using the iridium plugs, use a NGK BR7EF for 100 shot.

PoorMansCamaro 05-08-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john@nitrousoutlet (Post 6519585)
I wouldn't recommend using the iridium plugs, use a NGK BR7EF for 100 shot.

any particular reason? :popcorn:

429 05-08-2013 03:24 PM

The iridium electrodes are physically very small. Nitrous creates a lot of additional heat that can potentially melt/wear the tiny electrode vs the larger electrode of a copper plug

PoorMansCamaro 05-09-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 429 (Post 6519844)
The iridium electrodes are physically very small. Nitrous creates a lot of additional heat that can potentially melt/wear the tiny electrode vs the larger electrode of a copper plug

that's good to know! I'll have to remember this thread, when i'm ready to buy nitrous.:clap2:

h2oplay 05-09-2013 07:44 AM

I'm selling the nytrex kit with a heater, opener and controller, pm me for details...

LeanPocket 05-09-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenlantern99 (Post 6518496)

buy a window switch and set it to shut off between shifts points. Otherwise, you can spray between shifts without issue if the tuning is spot on.

ngk br7ef plugs, you wont notice any negative effects.

93 octane with a proper nitrous tune.

yes u can, you have to be creative. 950 psi is optimal

in bold

lscamaro 05-09-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 6522215)
that's good to know! I'll have to remember this thread, when i'm ready to buy nitrous.:clap2:

:word:

V6owner 05-09-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 6522215)

Only of your wife can get a SC! Lol

PoorMansCamaro 05-09-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V6owner (Post 6523273)
Only of your wife can get a SC! Lol

we would, if we had the money! :lol: