Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   stock or mod it (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3794)

chucklesdead 04-20-2008 02:52 AM

stock or mod it

what are your plans once you get yours.
are you gunna mod it up.
or drive it stock.

The_Beast_ 04-20-2008 03:02 AM

in putting a K&N intake and an exaust sysytem first. Then im looking into headers, a new spark plug and maybe new fuel injecters. But eventually ill have my V6 Supercharged and then its time to ................................................ :blackvertshift:

Jose_The_Great_Cuervo 04-20-2008 04:16 AM

K&N air intake
Side exhaust system w/ headers
Spark Plugs and fuel injecters
Performance Cam
Performance Tires
Sway Bars
A LOT MORE...

This is just under the hood. Imagine what I plan to do w/ the exterior. It will be a p***y magnet :)

Camaro_crazy 04-20-2008 01:30 PM

The first thing I'm going to do is get my windows tinted, and probably put a sub or two in it, because I like ALL my music loud and bassy, not just rap. Then over time rims, performance tires, K&N intake, plugs, injectors, exhaust if Chevy doesn't offer an upgrade like they do on Corvette's, and whatever else i can do.

smokn' 04-20-2008 02:08 PM

i said classic, but i might put a k&n on there and maybe a dif. exhaust, but i'm keepn' all the original parts so it's gona be pretty much stock.

The_Blur 04-20-2008 02:44 PM

Stock isn't mine. I have to make a car mine when I get it. I love music, so it's got to have sick audio. I want more power, so my Camaro isn't like your Camaro. If some fool says he can keep up with a Camaro, I'll tell that fool, "You can't keep up with my Camaro." Different is better for me. I want to stand out a little.

camaro5 04-20-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokn' (Post 63712)
i said classic, but i might put a k&n on there and maybe a dif. exhaust, but i'm keepn' all the original parts so it's gona be pretty much stock.

Me too!

I will get better intake and exhaust flow, and I'm gonna buy a tuner and tune every paremeter to perfection. And disable CAGS immediately. :thumbup:

But you'll never know by looking at it that there are modifications (sleeper)

smokn' 04-20-2008 06:06 PM

^+1, i forgot about cags and tuning, that's a definite.

Camaro_crazy 04-20-2008 08:40 PM

I would like to disable cags and tune it all to it's best. but i wouldnt know how to do it or where to get it done.

ralniv 04-21-2008 12:20 AM

The results of this poll are very telling about the community that participates on this forum. The majority of f-body owners do not mod their cars, but the majority here do. I guess enthusiasts are more likely to mod, which makes sense.

I'm going mod-free for at least a year or two. I may add something down the road if it can provide a real world (i.e. seat of the pants) improvement.

The_Stache 04-21-2008 12:30 AM

Gonna depend on stock equipment. (ie. engines, suspension, ect..)

TFord 04-21-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diarmadhi (Post 63858)
Gonna depend on stock equipment. (ie. engines, suspension, ect..)

Im with you on that!...and If I do mod her the stock parts will be cleaned covered and stored!

Camaro_Corvette 04-21-2008 09:10 AM

i like my cars unique, mod it is....

I always keep stock parts!!!

radz28 04-21-2008 09:17 AM

I'll do what most everyone has already posted. I'm eager to see if someone can come out with side exhaust. Assuming there is an option, later, with an artificial lung, I'll be planning on the usual mods' for that particular set-up.

I'm hoping to be able to order mine, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get what I want. That wasn't the case with the last two I've had, thus, spent a LOT of $$$ making it closer to what I want. I'm planning on not doing that this time.