Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dealer Installed Options - Extra to Install?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9398)

Speed74SS 11-06-2008 05:37 PM

Dealer Installed Options - Extra to Install??

I was wondering if we have to pay extra for the dealer installed options such as the Cat-Back, Headers, Air Intake, Hurst Shifter. Also will we have to pay extra to have the Ground Effects painted at the dealer?

headpunter 11-06-2008 05:39 PM

the price for all the GMPP parts includes install, the ground effects though are only available in one color so if you want them matched you would have to take them to a body shop and have them stripped and painted.

Speed74SS 11-06-2008 05:44 PM

That is kind of what I was hoping - I had the RK Sport GFX on my 98SS and I had to paint those also - that doesn't bother me and the dealer said they could do it there. I am just glad the other options are not adding an install cost.---Thanks

Legend 11-06-2008 06:12 PM

I confirmed with my dealer and they too said it was included in the price of the option!

camaro5 11-07-2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am Legend (Post 183785)
I confirmed with my dealer and they too said it was included in the price of the option!

That's pretty cool...You don't have to worry about mystery installation charges.

Chevyrocker 11-07-2008 03:04 PM

hey now, those guys do hard work and they have to get paid too. I have a buddy that works in a service department and he has to do all kinds of stuff most people don't even think about. Plus, I would rather pay the hourly fee to have a certified GM tech working on my car than save a couple hundred bucks and pray the person working on it knows what they're doing.

camaro5 11-07-2008 03:12 PM

I was a Chevrolet service technician for many years, then service manager, and I have an A.S. in Automotive Technology from the General Motors ASEP Program.

These services will be performed by GM techs.

Everyone here is saying we want the total cost up front, and that's what they did. :thumbsup:

Txturbo 11-07-2008 03:31 PM

Are we talking about just the LPO stuff ordered with the car? Sounds like you are saying any of the optional stuff from GMPP has installation included. So if I order a crate LS7 the installation is included?

headpunter 11-07-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txturbo (Post 184726)
Are we talking about just the LPO stuff ordered with the car? Sounds like you are saying any of the optional stuff from GMPP has installation included. So if I order a crate LS7 the installation is included?

no

the lpo stuff which includes the shorty headers and CAI and Exhaust

Jamestwilliams 11-07-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyrocker (Post 184681)
hey now, those guys do hard work and they have to get paid too. I have a buddy that works in a service department and he has to do all kinds of stuff most people don't even think about. Plus, I would rather pay the hourly fee to have a certified GM tech working on my car than save a couple hundred bucks and pray the person working on it knows what they're doing.

Slow down turbo they were only asking if the installation was included in the option price or not. It's just easier if you know these things ahead of time.

radz28 11-07-2008 06:29 PM

That's kinda' too bad. Seriously, I'd love to get in there and swap the headers, CAI, catback, and shifter in there myself. I hope the prices aren't too high in that case because I might not be able to afford them if they are :( However, it's good to know this out front because those prices might look a little better if I don't have to bleed all over my new car :D

herkman 11-17-2008 06:23 PM

if the dealer installs the shifter at option price, will they give you the original shifter or stock it for future sale?

radz28 11-17-2008 08:26 PM

Well, just like warranty parts, I believe they will give your parts back to you if you ask out front.

franknbeans 11-17-2008 09:00 PM

anyone have a price on the catback system?