Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   1000WHP+ GT5594 + POWERGLIDE + E85 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418180)

hammdo 08-24-2019 11:53 AM

Woot!

-Don

ttshovel 08-24-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammdo (Post 10604809)
Woot!

-Don

If only I had an in car video. I'm sure my reaction collecting my slip was priceless lol

Neumatic 08-24-2019 07:48 PM

Damn that’s impressive. Is that Marion County Raceway?

ttshovel 08-24-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neumatic (Post 10605055)
Damn that’s impressive. Is that Marion County Raceway?

Yes sir! Even more impressive at that track lmao. I will be going to dragway 42 next.

Neumatic 08-24-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttshovel (Post 10605059)
Yes sir! Even more impressive at that track lmao. I will be going to dragway 42 next.

That’s what I was going to say lol. I like it though it’s a cool track, reminds me of Dragway 42 before they rebuilt it. Dragway 42 is right down the road from me, I was pretty well raised there. I don’t know if you’ve been there since they rebuilt it but it’s a great track now.

ttshovel 08-24-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neumatic (Post 10605062)
That’s what I was going to say lol. I like it though it’s a cool track, reminds me of Dragway 42 before they rebuilt it. Dragway 42 is right down the road from me, I was pretty well raised there. I don’t know if you’ve been there since they rebuilt it but it’s a great track now.

Yes sir! Their track prep is amazing from what I've seen. I'd love to turn this thing all the way up and send it. Gonna wait until the weather cools off some more while I fix a few more little things.

Neumatic 08-24-2019 08:14 PM

How much does this thing weigh? Apologies if it’s somewhere in the thread iv only looked through a few pages.

ttshovel 08-24-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neumatic (Post 10605066)
How much does this thing weigh? Apologies if it’s somewhere in the thread iv only looked through a few pages.

3500 with me in it. I'm 275lb

se7en 08-26-2019 09:17 AM

Oh yeah!!!! She's coming around nicely now! Attaboy!

-Brandon

ttshovel 08-29-2019 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In the middle of installing this expander box and its kicking my ass trying to get it to connect through the can bus.whoever is in the market for a standalone, do yourself a favor and just buy the dominator or fueltech. This thing is a real pita.

Got some new trans cooler lines from summit. Will be replacing the pushlock ones that started to come apart already. I will also be relocating the cooler/ fan to the rear of the car to help with cooling and keep it out of the path of the rear tires in the event that something does happen.

ttshovel 08-31-2019 10:16 AM

So got the box to sync up but it somehow corrupted the tune. Will be sending the gold box and expander back along with a copy of the tune and they said they will set it up free of charge.

Had to order another 15 foot section of the ptfe line as a single 20' piece wasn't long enough to make the two trans lines. It will see much better airflow now.

Reached out to larry jeffers race cars and inquired about their doors. Will be purchasing a set of their carbon doors this winter. They are removable and weigh 7lbs each. Looking to make the switch back to an enclosed trailer and this just makes sense over the escape door tax.

ttshovel 09-06-2019 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Should be getting the gold box back the middle of next week. Trans cooler is relocated. After reaching out to some people that are smarter than I am for 4 link setup, we decided to move some bars.

Ic is now just shy of 58", which is 52% of cars wheelbase. Right around 4" above the ground. Should hit the tire harder now and slow wheel speed down on the hit. Attatch pic of current bar configuration, hard to see in the lighting but the bottom bar is now angled down instead of up @ ride height. They also suggested 6-6.5psi in the tires so I'll drop that down as well.

If this doesn't help, they suggested adding ballast to the rear of the car and see what it does. Going to try and make it back to the track next weekend!

se7en 09-09-2019 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttshovel (Post 10614480)
Should be getting the gold box back the middle of next week. Trans cooler is relocated. After reaching out to some people that are smarter than I am for 4 link setup, we decided to move some bars.

Ic is now just shy of 58", which is 52% of cars wheelbase. Right around 4" above the ground. Should hit the tire harder now and slow wheel speed down on the hit. Attatch pic of current bar configuration, hard to see in the lighting but the bottom bar is now angled down instead of up @ ride height. They also suggested 6-6.5psi in the tires so I'll drop that down as well.

If this doesn't help, they suggested adding ballast to the rear of the car and see what it does. Going to try and make it back to the track next weekend!

Nice!!! I think it will do much better, but I do think you will need to add that ballast for sure after some testing for some 1.1-1.2 60's. Pretty cool to see how much effort your giving this and sharing it with us. Appreciate it

joshnmn 09-09-2019 10:11 AM

can't wait to see some hits!

that thing will be flying soon :)