Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   mobile install? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=625225)

E.T. 04-29-2024 01:25 PM

mobile install?

Anyone use Tirerack's mobile install service? I'm not replacing my rims, just the tires, so can they do all that at my house??

ChibiBlackSheep 04-29-2024 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.T. (Post 11421898)
Anyone use Tirerack's mobile install service? I'm not replacing my rims, just the tires, so can they do all that at my house??

Yep, I've used them plenty of times. Personally I already took the wheels off my cars myself though before they came, figure it's more peace-of-mind for myself.

They come with a van with tire mounting/balancing equipment inside it and do the work right on the van.

E.T. 04-29-2024 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 11421906)
Yep, I've used them plenty of times. Personally I already took the wheels off my cars myself though before they came, figure it's more peace-of-mind for myself.

They come with a van with tire mounting/balancing equipment inside it and do the work right on the van.

Interesting. I might give it a try. There is a local shop, but if someone can come here and do it, even better. It sounds like they even have a guarantee with the balancing, and if something's off, they'll fix it.

Joe.G 04-30-2024 06:02 AM

I have not heard of this, Can I go on their site and see if they come to my area? I am assuming Tire rack makes the mobile service have decent equipment.

The_bald_eagle_machine 04-30-2024 09:24 AM

I agree that i would take the wheels off of my car before they arrived, as well as re-install them after they were done. Especially if I had Forgelines like you. I have very little faith in most mechanics, contractors, etc... They will probably mount and balance your tires just fine, but I wouldn't want them touching my car lol. I have alot of trust issues with most shops, even dealerships.

E.T. 04-30-2024 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine (Post 11422083)
I agree that i would take the wheels off of my car before they arrived, as well as re-install them after they were done. Especially if I had Forgelines like you. I have very little faith in most mechanics, contractors, etc... They will probably mount and balance your tires just fine, but I wouldn't want them touching my car lol. I have alot of trust issues with most shops, even dealerships.

Thanks. Yeah, anyone else touching my car makes me nervous, but sometimes it's inevitable. I can do some basic work, but not having a lift and not being able to do more advanced stuff myself means taking it in. I'm still pissed that I scraped my front wheel the other week and got some bad rash on the rim:mad: All this time, I managed to keep them pristine, but I guess it was bound to happen.

If I do try the mobile thing, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

E.T. 05-01-2024 09:38 AM

Haha, so it turns out, their remote install isn't available in my area. A few third party installlers will do that, but their places I've never heard of. There is a really well known wheel shop right down the street from me, so i'm just gonna go with them.

SummitWhite11 05-03-2024 06:18 PM

A little off topic.. but when searching for a phone number for Discount Tire here in my area via google maps... I learned that Discount Tire is merging with Tire Rack and will become Tire Rack.

E.T. 05-08-2024 09:58 PM

Interesting!

I ended up getting my tires (from Tire Rack) installed by a local shop, and they did a bang up job. These PS 4S tires are really nice. Ride improved vs the PSS I had on before. Traction is better, too, but I went from 295s to 315s out back, so that could be part of it. Not cheap, but seem to be worth it!