Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - NY / NJ / PA (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New york camaros? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272041)

dannycamaro 01-19-2013 11:30 PM

New york camaros?

Whos in NY and owns a camaro?

Denis 01-19-2013 11:34 PM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15
Blam!!!

angryv6 01-19-2013 11:35 PM

Scroll down to the regional section

AdamZ 01-19-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis (Post 6059205)

OH MY GOD. THERES A WHOLE FORUM FULL OF CERTAIN REGIONS SPECIFICALLY FOR PEOPLE IN THOSE REGIONS? These mods thing of everything :rolleyes:

Camaro1002 01-20-2013 12:16 AM

I'm in New York. Brooklyn NY what about you?

kostnkost 01-20-2013 06:19 AM

Present

Gr8ride 01-20-2013 07:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I drove my baby up there not long ago, and I can tell you this; I you dread taking your car to the mall, and freak out if someone dares park their POS within. 50 yards of your "Precious". If you would rather spend +3 hours washing and detailing your car and cringe at the thought of running it through an automatic car wash, then you might want to rethink driving or owning a Camaro in New York City. Its not for the faint of heart. After almost 20 hours of driving I was overwhelmed when I finally arrived.
Between people driving like rabid animals, Not having the slightes idea of WTF im going relying entirely on Gps. A zillion road signs. Potholes,,, Potholes everywhere! Paralel parking, just think about your cars with their pointy noses, wide hips and angled tail, just the thing for bumper to bumper parking..Im sure everyone here wants to hang one of those heavy, ugly bumper guards on....Not to mention the constant stereotypical fear of getting car jacked, or getting your radio boosted...(Its actually pretty safe)
On the other hand, a freshly washed and waxed black camaro looks absolutely Bad Ass on the city streets..
Thumbs up to you guys in NYC..

Cheveey57 01-20-2013 07:36 AM

Here, and like GR8ride said driving in The city takes lots of nerve and a little luck. Although there are painted lanes, nobody stays in them. It's like a fre-for-all. Born and raised in Queens I am a master at parallel parking, I can get any car in a space if I have 6 inches of extra space. Living on Long Island we do have to parallel park but since I work in all 5 boroughs I still get lots of practice.

dannycamaro 01-20-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro1002 (Post 6059358)
I'm in New York. Brooklyn NY what about you?

Queeeeens but im all over :headbang:

dannycamaro 01-20-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8ride (Post 6059947)
I drove my baby up there not long ago, and I can tell you this; I you dread taking your car to the mall, and freak out if someone dares park their POS within. 50 yards of your "Precious". If you would rather spend +3 hours washing and detailing your car and cringe at the thought of running it through an automatic car wash, then you might want to rethink driving or owning a Camaro in New York City. Its not for the faint of heart. After almost 20 hours of driving I was overwhelmed when I finally arrived.
Between people driving like rabid animals, Not having the slightes idea of WTF im going relying entirely on Gps. A zillion road signs. Potholes,,, Potholes everywhere! Paralel parking, just think about your cars with their pointy noses, wide hips and angled tail, just the thing for bumper to bumper parking..Im sure everyone here wants to hang one of those heavy, ugly bumper guards on....Not to mention the constant stereotypical fear of getting car jacked, or getting your radio boosted...(Its actually pretty safe)
On the other hand, a freshly washed and waxed black camaro looks absolutely Bad Ass on the city streets..
Thumbs up to you guys in NYC..

its always hard driving in NYC but when you get a fresh hand wash and bring your camaro to times square, its like people look at you like a celeb :Whoa5thGenSmall:

dannycamaro 01-20-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostnkost (Post 6059890)
Present

deep in long island ?

kjkjr27 01-20-2013 10:07 AM

Originally from Westchester but moved up to Syracuse for school.

dannycamaro 01-20-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjkjr27 (Post 6060239)
Originally from Westchester but moved up to Syracuse for school.

how u like the driving up there?

kostnkost 01-20-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannycamaro (Post 6060238)
deep in long island ?

Suffolk County, but I drive my roofing truck in Queens and Brooklyn. If you can drive a truck in Brooklyn, you can pretty much drive anywhere:sm0: