Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   g5cr cai system anybody install or looking at one "pics" (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32975)

BLACK10 07-24-2009 11:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
nice product, and it sounds good, looks good, and i can feel a difference. 2nd dyno in couple weeks will show the #s.

97one 08-10-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen (Post 702506)
i wouldnt go with that one. i would go with the bwoody true cold air intake. i saw this on ebay and i really am thinking about buying it. unless i find better. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Looks very good, but I would like to see MORE photos of the bottom part & where the air enters Etc......

Would you know where I could find them ?....
Thanks, :chevy:

HaveBlue 08-10-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97one (Post 783937)
MORE photos of the bottom part & where the air enters Etc......

Hopefully not were the water/rock/sand does.

Aceman74 08-21-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Looks very good, but I would like to see MORE photos of the bottom part & where the air enters Etc......

I have one on my SS, the air really doesn't enter from anywhere. When you remove the factory airbox you'll see there is no way the air is directed in anywhere. The only place for air to come in is from a small spot between the front bumper and the fender. I love my kit, the fit and finish is great, and man seat of the pants horsepower and torque is great. I love the idea of having a powder coated intake tube and a billet aluminum mass air meter. I like the sound too, its definately breathing better.

2010_5thgen 08-22-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

google b woody performance.

Aceman74 08-23-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen (Post 831643)
google b woody performance.

Thats cool but who wants to have to relocate the windshield washer bottle. Most of us are lucky if we can even install the CAI we just bought. A nice intake though, I'd like to see how the pipe transitions to the fender.

toehead93 08-23-2009 12:49 PM

I always thought the heat shield was BS. I'm sorry, it is a thin piece of uninsulated plastic. With the amount of heat that develops under the hood (+200-degrees) you'd need at least a few inches of insulation board like poltstyrene before it even helped a little bit. In comparison, a building typically has 2-1/2" of insulation to keep the outside 90-degree air from heating the inside 70-degree air. Guess what, the only way to maintain 70-degrees is to insulate the walls and air condition the space. The heat sheild does neither, a heat shield is nothing more than looks. If you want a true cold air you need something like the gen-4 CAIs that pull from the beneath the engine bay or maybe an OTR type.

i007spectre 09-08-2009 07:53 PM

black 10 wheres the dyno update.

OHIOSS 10-13-2009 08:16 PM

I just received my G5CR CAI for my Camaro SS LS3. I will be installing it tomorrow so I will report back once it is installed. As for initial appearance the kit looks VERY high quality. The black paint is perfect and the air filter is huge.

Russ

joerod97 10-14-2009 12:50 AM

Russ installed mine a few weeks ago and it was a snap!Took longer to remove stock air box than it did to install this kit. Love the finish and the way it sounds when you mash the gas.Double cone filter area gives you more air/ I have had other makes of cai on other vehicles but this one seems to be the best for me.If you want to see where the air flows from shine a flashlite at nite into the grill and follow the lite path under the hood. You can see the light come in and that is the path of the air flow

matt55 10-14-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G5CR.com (Post 694569)
Hi, guys, we would like to introduce ourself, we are Gen5CamaroRacing.com AKA G5CR.com, , we are a new company dedicated to 2010 Camaro performance parts, we are a division of Modular Motorsports Inc Which has been in business since 1993. We are a registered member of the Bureau Of Automotive repair, Hold a A+ rating with the better business bureau and have been producing cold air intakes for Many vehicles for over 10 years.

Our new 2010 Camaro kit has been designed and dyno tested rigorously for months prior to its release. The dyno tests are facts not "guestimates" as many other companies use. The G5CR kit was tested on both a dyno jet and Mustang dyno with results in the 18-25 RWHP range on 2 different vehicles (both were 6 speeds and Auto's may differ slightly). Our kit uses a larger ID intake tube, larger air filter and MAF housing than kits like the Hennesey and the increased airflow of the G5CR kit allows it to make more HP in the process.

The kit posted by the original poster is actually our V-6 Camaro kit, the V-8 kit is below, it is a clean sheet design and although it may "look" similar to other kits we offer it has a unique MAF housing, filter, couplers and intake tube.

http://i.ebayimg.com/10/!BWl2FDgBmk~...1wgDN!~~_1.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/12/!BVFfsqg!mk~...uKFk,w~~_1.JPG

They are available in most factory colors and are a direct bolt on, you will see some great dyno test and write ups in a few magazines in the upcoming months that will show dyno graphs etc.

Please let us know how we can help

G5CR.com
1-805-650-1853

What was the IAT on the dyno runs stock VS yours ?

OHIOSS 10-14-2009 09:26 PM

Joerod- I installed the CAI tonight, yes it was a breeze. Very high quality equipment and very well designed. My only problem was removing the tube coming into the air intake. I didn't know how to remove it as there were no instructions. I pulled it, twisted it, turned it, etc. I almost gave up and decided to give it a quick jerk and it came right out. The only problem is that I boogered up the hose connector with the pliers trying to remove it. For anyone that is doing an install, the connector goes into the original plastic intake with a 3 pronged type of connector. You have to give it a pretty good yank to get it out. Don't bother trying to twist it, you just have to give it a quick pull. My guess is you can get it out with your fingers and won't have to use pliers.

Also, the rubber hose needs to be cut to length. Don't be afraid to cut it pretty short as the hose that comes out under the engine cover is very flexible.

It was raining out and I don't take the car out in the rain so I didn't have a chance to check out the performance. It's supposed to be better weather tomorrow so I will let you know how it performs.

I would really like to see any dyno results to see what the performance difference is.

Rus

OHIOSS 10-16-2009 04:00 PM

It finally stopped raining long enough to take the car out with the new CAI. I don't know how much improvement in HP I got but I can tell there is an improvement. While idling in 1st gear at about 10MPH I floored it and the tires broke loose. It never did that before putting on the CAI. I drove to another street to make sure it wasn't the pavement and sure enough I broke traction again.

With all of the reading I've done on CAI's I'm glad I finally made a decision and installed the G5CR, now I don't have to think about it all the time. One thing that I found disappointing was the sound from the CAI, there is none. I could not really understand how the car could sound different with basically a tube with a filter but several people that wrote about their CAI's mentioned the sound was great. I could not hear a difference in sound what-so-ever.

As I mentioned, very high quality CAI. Install was a breeze, I would recommend it to anyone. If anyone wants to see pictures just PM me with your e-mail address.

Russ

2010 2-Tone 10-16-2009 04:07 PM

I am glad you like it. I went with ADM and I LOVE IT!!!! Thanks Andy for putting out the best looking CAI on the market and we'll see how much hp when the CAI results are in. I bet overall that ADM wins!:D