Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Odd Front Tire Wear (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557293)

PowertoLove 06-28-2019 07:08 AM

Odd Front Tire Wear

I took my 2014 RS Camaro last year to the dealer for alignment because the out side edges of the frt tires were worn cupped. The alignment was off and they set it but after 10k miles driving the tires continue to cup. Dealers says everything is set to spec and they even took the time to set it exactly to what it calls for. Still the tires cup on the outside edges. It doesn't look like toe wear but like the treads blocks are worn high to low. I called a different dealer and they told me its a known issue that tires need to be swapped side to side every oil change. Anyone ever hear of this? Shocks maybe?

KillboyPowerhead 06-28-2019 07:58 AM

What are your alignment specs? What's the mileage on the car? Any slack in the suspension (jack up car, pull on tires top/bottom, sides)? Could be worn suspension, maybe shocks.

PowertoLove 06-28-2019 08:13 AM

Alignment is set to -.2 camber 0 toe everything is set to the very optimum on the hunter machine. Car has 40k and drives nice but to me it seems like the frt struts bottom easily. Nothing worn or loose and the wear is completely even around both tires. The tread blocks on the out side edges of the tire are worn high to low perfectly all the way around the tire. That is the leading edge of the tread block is highest the trailing edge lowest. About 2mm from high to low. Dealer that did the alignment 2 times now has no idea.

PowertoLove 06-28-2019 08:35 AM

I sent pictures to Goodyear engineering to see what they think might be wrong.

PowertoLove 06-30-2019 11:50 AM

Got it fixed, dealer had the toe set way wrong.

PowertoLove 06-30-2019 09:39 PM

Honeymoon is over with this piece of crap, now I notice every bump the frt end on both sides makes noise through body loud THUNK. Going trade it tomorrow on something else other than GM. What a waste of money, I never seen a car with so many BS problems that the manufacturer doesn't stand behind. Time to look for something older in good shape if that's possible.

Silveradoss573 06-30-2019 10:48 PM

Check the sway bar endlinks for any play. Or it could be just strut mounts?

PowertoLove 07-01-2019 08:14 AM

I do see anything obvious but I noticed with the car barely moving as the frt wheels hit the edge of the garage floor driving in it makes a thunk. Got to be something really basic but both sides do it? Thankfully the tire wearing issue seems to be solved. I tried putting 36 psi cold in the frt tires but it rides so rough and roads are so bad here I had to go back down to 34.