Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   September 2013 Camaro Sales and Production Figures (and vs. Mustang & Challenger) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320874)

Enator 10-01-2013 09:52 AM

September 2013 Camaro Sales and Production Figures (and vs. Mustang & Challenger)

10 Attachment(s)
September 2013 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Camaro September 2013 Deliveries (actual sales): 5,659 0% (Pr Ye) :iono:

Compared to Competition:

Mustang September 2013 Delivery (sales):4,420 0% (Pr Ye) :iono:
Challenger September 2013 Delivery (sales):3,932 22% (Pr Ye) :clap:

shine2013 10-01-2013 11:36 AM

I was one of those, but almost went with the Challenger b/c I got a sweet offer.

LAWMAN 10-01-2013 12:12 PM

No increase percentage for us but at least it didn't fall,

AlohaBR 10-01-2013 12:28 PM

Why is the Challenger coming on so strong this year?

lurker 10-01-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlohaBR (Post 7053677)

Decent reviews the past couple years, a bit more 'practical' for a small family, and people are realizing that you can't turn your head without seeing another Mustang or Camaro.

Pip 10-01-2013 12:41 PM

I'm one of those 5,659. The sales guy said GM has been pushing Camaro sales and is offering some type of double bonus for each sale.

meissen 10-01-2013 12:56 PM

Congrats Team GM and Camaro Team! Another successful month of sales! :w00t:

fbodfather 10-01-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlohaBR (Post 7053677)

I suspect a few reasons:

>Substantially higher incentives over the past year than Mustang or Camaro

>More cars into fleets -primarily Daily Rental

>A stronger focus - Dodge doesn't have the number of cars and trucks that Ford and Chevrolet do..........

Someone also mentioned that it's larger and has a bit more room in the back for children......that may or may not be true.

RonnieG 10-01-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheveey57 (Post 7053808)
I wonder why? Is it because they are having such a hard time selling the new models?

they _should_ push the Camaro.. we all know what happens when you get a Camaro.. look how crazy we are.. and what better way to hook someone then to give them a permagrin?

also we can see how many people have traded a Camaro for a Camaro... extra $$ for dealers.. push the Camaros now, and you can be damn sure many will trade for 2016's

both points play into brand loyalty as well.. you like your Camaro and it's been a good experience.. when another vehicle is needed... "guess ill pick up an impala, or an equinox.. or a Silverado"

old models need to be pushed out of the lot.. longer they stay on, more $$ dealers likely will lose when they do sell them.

b4z 10-01-2013 02:24 PM

The Chally is on fire. people really seem to like them but I see a plus size slab sided two door sedan.

Expunge 10-01-2013 05:46 PM

They are substantially cheaper is why. Poorer quality, less options.. but cheaper.

Angrybird 12 10-01-2013 06:01 PM

If the 2015 Mustang was due out in a couple months instead of 7 months I could see sales suffering because of it, I would think Ford would be pushing Mustang sales more now to keep from building up a large amount of leftover 14's when the 15's do come out in April.
Although Camaro sales were off from last month they are still about the same as they were for September 2012 and still higher than the Mustang. I don't think it's time to panic yet.

bandit38 10-01-2013 06:10 PM

Once the 14's get out there good and people get a good look.....the sales will go upward again.

I've really gotten used to the 14's now and like them a LOT !

It may not seem like much has changed inside the 14's until you sit in the drivers seat and see the color DIC and the color HUD.....and coming from my 2012....the NAV radio....those 3 things you look at constantly driving so it makes the new ones feel fresh and new !

Q'smuscle 10-01-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 7053710)
Decent reviews the past couple years, a bit more 'practical' for a small family, and people are realizing that you can't turn your head without seeing another Mustang or Camaro.

Not true ! I see way more challengers than camaros on a daily basis. The Challenger incentives a to good. to pass up and they are trying their hardest to sell them. Look at how many different commercials Dodge has for the challenger. So, they should because. they advertises the heck out of those things because they need to get ppl to buy them. Plus, they have a unbelievable deal going where you can take the car back if you don't want it. after your 7 day trial. Shoot ! you would be crazy not to just give one of the best cars (the Challenger) a try. Man, even I was thinking abput doing it just because I knew I could take it right back. I know when I went to Dodge dealer they kept telling me it would be a classic because it wasn't gonna be any more made challengers made. So. they're trying there hardest to sell them nice looking challengers. I can't remember the last time Chevy made a commercial for the camaro in the united states. Just think how many more sales the camaro would have with as much commercials as the Challenger and mustang.