Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Blind spot Solutions?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80896)

chrislhardin 05-01-2010 09:05 PM

Blind spot Solutions??

I love my Camaro, but I really hate the blind spot. Has anyone tried the little round mirrors from an autostore to stick on the side mirror or is there a better solution???

oldfriend 05-01-2010 09:11 PM

YOU will have to seat in the car and adjust the mirrors in a way that you just miss the rear hips [top of the rear fenders and you will know where you are and what is around you [next lane] i set my like this and works well

ron10 05-01-2010 09:14 PM

there are blind spots in all cars.i have gotten in the habbit of turning my head to check for cars if i am changing lanes.i never trust my mirrors.

2SSmeCamaro 05-01-2010 09:15 PM

you get used to it, I know I did....I have completely got over the ''blind spot problem''

68/2010 05-01-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron10 (Post 1795259)
there are blind spots in all cars.i have gotten in the habbit of turning my head to check for cars if i am changing lanes.i never trust my mirrors.

I have to agree. There were too many times I almost hit someone from just looking in my mirrors.:thumbsup:

faninc 05-01-2010 09:50 PM

small round mirror on drivers side is huge help...

egad09 05-01-2010 09:56 PM

properly adjusted mirrors eliminate blind spots... took 3 weeks of adjusting everytime i got into the camaro (my daily driver) and i finally have it right.

ArkySS 05-01-2010 10:02 PM

I have 400 friends that help me with that issue, your 312 should help you as well :)

hubcap 05-01-2010 10:06 PM

I had to get my CDL's in a box van. The saying was 'never trust your mirrors'. Always give a quick peek back. You will get used to it. Just dont get lazy over time.

Tam's Cam 05-01-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron10 (Post 1795259)

I agree. I turn and look each and every time! Better to be safe than...sideswiped.:(

CUPRA 05-01-2010 10:42 PM

I never had an issue with blindspots when I test drove the Camaro's, however, I have yet to live with one day to day! (Can't wait)!

If you want to know about blind spots, you should try my Jeep Commander, when you look over your shoulder, there is a 4 ft wide blind spot in the form of 3 headrests and massive C and D pillars!

hubcap 05-01-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUPRA (Post 1795516)
I never had an issue with blindspots when I test drove the Camaro's, however, I have yet to live with one day to day! (Can't wait)!

If you want to know about blind spots, you should try my Jeep Commander, when you look over your shoulder, there is a 4 ft wide blind spot in the form of 3 headrests and massive C and D pillars!

Indeed! I traded in an Avalanche so...yeah no problems here.

JMS 05-01-2010 10:49 PM

The only real blind spot that bugs me is pulling out on a angle, like at a gas station and trying to see if any traffic is coming from the right. I try to come out at a right angle so i can see. My wife found some adjustable spot mirrows like maybe from QVC and look like they would work, but i have not put them on yet. I can see where there could be problems with visibility but we just have to adjust.

"prima"Donna 05-01-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faninc (Post 1795374)
small round mirror on drivers side is huge help...

We put it on every car we drive and it makes a HUGE difference!!!...even bought one to take with us to Virginia last year when we picked up the car and installed it before driving home to NY...
You would be amazed what a difference that little blind spot mirror makes...
I use my mirrors 100% of the time to change lanes...
I never turn my head, it's too dangerous, you can miss a sudden stop ahead of you if you aren't looking ahead...