Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Exhaust Diverters Input?... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36976)

shadow09 08-12-2009 01:00 AM

Exhaust Diverters Input?...

Which of the two in you guys opinion is better...

The NOWEEDS exhaust diverters or the QTP electric cut outs?

For both performance gains and better sound.

JFresh 08-12-2009 01:04 AM

Would also like to know b4 I even own the car, lol.

gotpball44 08-12-2009 01:10 AM

the qtp is much cheaper i would just got that route. They been around for a long time. You just need to bring it to an exhaust shop so they could weld it on. Still cheaper than the 900$ noweeds system + install.

Not saying noweeds sucks, cause they look and sound great. But not for that price IMO

rharon 08-12-2009 01:20 AM

I have the quicktime system for sale. Its brand new.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...244#post785244

I am going with the no weeds

gotpball44 08-12-2009 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rharon (Post 788916)
I have the quicktime system for sale. Its brand new.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...244#post785244

I am going with the no weeds

Why are you selling them? what made you decide to go with noweeds? i am just wondering

CanadianCamaro 08-12-2009 07:38 AM

The 2 systems are A LOT different. I suggest some detailed research first. Noweeds has a thread on here that Steve from Noweeds responds to regularly. I feel the Noweeds are a MUCH better system for many reasons. But I'm not going to list them all here. I will say one thing though. Noweeds stands for no welding. So if you have a jack, jack stands and a sawsall you can install them yourself AND remove them yourself later if you want/need to. Check out the thread.

Croathlete 08-12-2009 07:43 AM

I bought the NoWeeds system as well. They should be shipping this week. I'm at work so I can't link to them, but google "Camaro NoWeeds" on Youtube for an install video and H3LLJumper's video.

Their system seems to be of much higher quality. I know of one person that has already burned out their QTP motor. The NoWeeds motors will not continue to drive past fully open or fully closed.

Performance gains and sound-wise, they should be comparable.

MTron 08-12-2009 08:14 AM

NOWEEDS for sure, but you cant really compare, as the QTP is just a cut-out, and the NOWEEDS is a full on diverter. Also, you dont have to get the $900 kit, you can just buy the diverter its self and install elsewhere.

If you look closely at the diverter and the diverter kit, the kit is mainly designed to have the the straight through route be dumped to the air for more power, the the one that takes a turn go to the stock exhaust. If you get the diverter its self it will be the other way round, the straight through goes to the stock exhaust and the sharp turn will be the dump out.

Also, the NOWEEDS allows the ability to remove it for emissions purposes if they are not allowed in your area. Remove, test, replace.

You could also install a muffler after the NOWEEDS is you really wanted to (and could find a way to fit it), say a cherry bomb or something small, if you dont want a straight dump to the air (why you wouldn't is beyond me...LOL)

Croathlete 08-12-2009 08:23 AM

All I'm wondering now is, would getting ARH headers with the cutout cause me to lose so much back pressure that I start seeing a drop in low-end torque? Any experts?

live2well 08-12-2009 10:34 AM

I bought the NOWEEDS also. It is a well made product and does exactly what it is advertised to do. It was an easy install and uninstall. Yes I said uninstall too. Like I said they do exactly what they claim but for ME, it wasnt exactly what I was looking for. The sound is very aggressive when wide open and stock quiet when closed. It just doesnt fit the styling I am after for MY car. I really need to stress the the diverters are awesome!!!! Just not for me right now on this car.

If I had to do it all over again ...I would still go with NOWEEDS over the other guys. Their product is second to none.

SShift 08-12-2009 08:57 PM

QTP all the way. You can open it partially or all the way. You cant do that with noweeds. Noweeds is highway robbery. You can get a full catback for that price. And its not a bolt on when you have to hacksaw your exhaust.

UsedTaHaveA68 08-13-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croathlete (Post 789360)
All I'm wondering now is, would getting ARH headers with the cutout cause me to lose so much back pressure that I start seeing a drop in low-end torque? Any experts?

I am by no means an expert, but I have seen a few before/after dynos with open headers vs full exhaust with LS engines. Most of the time they lose about 5-10 ft/lbs until about 3500 RPM, and after that the open headers catch up and then surpass the full exhaust. The only time you're going to miss that small amount of torque is the first half second or so, and it's not going to be enough to slow your 1/4 mile time.

But the thing with headers is the longer your collector is, the more low end torque they provide. The shorter the collector is, you'll make more hp up high as opposed to torque down low. Since the NOWEEDS bolts right on to the collector and has another 6" or so until the diverter, I would think it would act similar to a 6" longer collector and help out with the low end torque. Basically, IF you do lose any low end power, I don't think it will be enough to notice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SShift (Post 792324)
QTP all the way. You can open it partially or all the way. You cant do that with noweeds. Noweeds is highway robbery. You can get a full catback for that price. And its not a bolt on when you have to hacksaw your exhaust.

You can do the same with NOWEEDS, and they actually go one step further. They have a 3-button switch. One is open all the way, one is closed all the way, and the 3rd is a memory switch that you can set at any point of the diverter's travel. All of that is on top of the ability to open or close it to any point that you want.

I like the NOWEEDS better because the QTP is just a cutout. Obviously the exhaust is going to choose the path of lease resistence, so most of it is going to go out of the cutout. But not all of it.

The NOWEEDS actually closes off the path to your exhaust, so it is a straight shot to the outside world with no restriction.

Yes it's as expensive as a catback, but if you bought these, why in the world would you want a catback??? Paint your mufflers black and have the ultimate in stealth. Or get an axle back if you just absolutely hate the look of your mufflers.

H3LLJumper 08-13-2009 12:36 AM

NOWEEDS has no problems and is a bolt on. WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

Yellow2010 08-13-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SShift (Post 792324)

:bs: You might want to do some more research.