Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Lingenfelter 2010 Camaro SS Body Enhancement Components Clay Modeling Process (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37646)

2L8IWON 08-18-2009 06:19 AM

Just throw some dirt and water in the trunk, cut a hole in the trunk lid, and grow some daisies, roses, and mums. Then that spoiler will have served it's purpose. WTH
Ok, maybe we're all laying in a little too hard. Surprise us with your finished artwork cause I'm not seeing it. Picaso? Rembrandt? Andy Worhol? I'm not seeing it yet. :iono:

2L8IWON 08-18-2009 06:34 AM

Actually, after I went back and took a 2nd look, it's not horrible! Maybe after the grill is in, the rear ground skirt is on, and all the parts are painted, I think the car will still be a head turner. That last pick though shows the spoiler too far out the back, too round and too pointy in the middle. Again, I'm curious to see the results of your creation, but am already on order for the GM GFX. If you're gonna tear apart the new SS and change it up, you have to be able to accept some scrutinizing and ridiculing here. ;)

OVERPAR73 08-18-2009 06:35 AM

Missed the mark on design completely!

Sorry guys but you really missed the mark on the design aspects of these parts. Start Over!:thumbdown:
Where is the rear wing type spoiler mod?

glambert1 08-18-2009 06:36 AM

glad to see honesty here, that stuff is butt ugly..

khislop007 08-18-2009 07:10 AM

Not feeling the spoiler, looks a bit too fat and the hood looks like a ricer. however the front chin spoiler is ok. But to each his own. Lets see how the finished product will look all painted up....

ctk1 08-18-2009 07:26 AM

:barf:

Z_Rocks 08-18-2009 08:17 AM

That spoiler is way off to outside. You need something like ZR1 with CB.

URSULA 08-18-2009 08:45 AM

dont like the work at all!!!!!!!!!

Phoenix328 08-18-2009 08:47 AM

im all for a functional hood scoop, but just not this one. What im really looking for are hideaway headlights as an option that is the only thing i really want to change about my car when i get it. Now before i get flamed about that mod covering up the halos, this is just my opinion. I just like the further retro look of the hideaways i always wished i could have a 69 with modern comforts that the new one has. just my .02

Supermans 08-18-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can-Am (Post 804521)
I'm not a designer, but I would suggest altering the angle of the slits in the hood to parallel the front lines of the car the same way the mail slot does. I love the rear spoiler though. :thumbup:

:word:

FrankT 08-18-2009 09:36 AM

I know a lot of aftermarket designs are "hit or miss", but I'll say this one is definately a miss. They'll probably sell just as many of these as the Lingenfelter special edition Corvettes...

67camaro99 08-18-2009 09:56 AM

Hard to judge an unfinished product...
BUT..... not feeling it... and why did it get Home Page props?

The hood reminds me of the HUGE Nostrils that the Trans Am WS6 came with...:barf:

Dewey 08-18-2009 10:32 AM

I think some of the Mods make the Camaro look to bulbous. Personally I'm more of a fan of the original concept model. I would love to see a company offer modifications that look closer to that original design both interior and exterior. It was more sleek, sharper lines and was a bit wider and lower than the production model. If anyone knows of anyone who is trying to attempt this, let me know. I'm trying to get my car as close as I possibly can to the original model.

Morepwr 08-18-2009 11:47 AM

I cant say I like the hood and spoiler. Makes it look like should have a honda emblem on it or something. the front bumper looks pretty cool though.