Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Key Fob Question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508953)

Jodeus 09-25-2017 08:41 AM

New Key Fob Question
 
I went to my local Chevy dealer this weekend to get two replacement keys/fobs for my 2010 Camaro.

I walked out with two brand new switchblade keys just like the original , prior to the recall keys. I'm assuming I should not have been given them , correct?

I never did the recall as my knee doesn't come close to the ignition, but I was surprised when they gave me them.

-Jody

PeteD 09-25-2017 03:04 PM

Nope. You should have gotten them. The recall keys was just so they could pass on liability if you were in an accident due to them. Now, you can get them just like before

SSEssence 09-25-2017 03:10 PM

what does a replacement key fob run usually at the dealer?

gen5dewy 09-25-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSEssence (Post 9918130)
what does a replacement key fob run usually at the dealer?

about 36. I got just the key cut without the fob and epoxied its a$$ in there. Saved me a couple bucks

BAD DAB 09-25-2017 05:35 PM

I got a switchblade fob today also. My original fob had started to deteriorate.

KS2013 09-25-2017 05:56 PM

Got a picture??? What does your new fob look like. I have been avoiding this?

TheFlyingBananaSS 09-25-2017 06:12 PM

I got an new oem fob from eBay for 25 shipped. My local locksmith cut it for 20. Not bad for NY prices lol.

PeteD 09-25-2017 07:21 PM

I got my fob, cut and everything at the local chevy dealer ( I know, dealer prices) for $60. But I have the peace of mind knowing if something goes wrong, I can take it back to them. Can't do that with the Ebay /amazon ones.

MrChrisLS3 09-26-2017 01:48 AM

I got a switchblade key from my dealer too. I was pleasantly surprised.

Rock-It Man 09-26-2017 03:42 AM

Wow! After all that drama, the switchblade is back!

My dealer wouldn't give me back my switchblade last year, and forced the replacement on me. I didn't think I would mind, but in fact, the sharp cornered key is a pain, literally, when exposed in your pocket.

KS2013 09-26-2017 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 (Post 9918756)
I got a switchblade key from my dealer too. I was pleasantly surprised.

Is it exactly light your old one. What is the difference?

MrChrisLS3 09-26-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS2013 (Post 9919125)
Is it exactly light your old one. What is the difference?

No difference.

kmarshall2121 09-26-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock-It Man (Post 9918775)
Wow! After all that drama, the switchblade is back!

My dealer wouldn't give me back my switchblade last year, and forced the replacement on me. I didn't think I would mind, but in fact, the sharp cornered key is a pain, literally, when exposed in your pocket.

forced it on you?!? should have fought back. They cant make you do it...

gen5dewy 09-26-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 (Post 9919458)
forced it on you?!? should have fought back. They cant make you do it...

For a while one dealership refused saying they cant give me one because it will break federal law by giving me an original one after the recall


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.