Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   4th Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   I thought I was all alone (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6497)

kmiller 09-02-2008 05:34 PM

I thought I was all alone

My friends make fun of me because I have held onto my Camaro even though it has 185,000 miles on it. I have blown the head gaskets, replaced the rack and pinion, and yes, so much more.

I thought something was wrong with me that I could not let this car go. Maybe being nostalgic, trying to hold onto my youth. My husband bought me the car the year I turned 30. Now I'm 40 and we've been a lot of places together. Three kids learned to drive in that car. Even with the head gasket incident, it has never left me on the side of the road.

So I'm feeling like an idiot because I keep trying to keep her going. Then I start realizing there are others like me. I go to the car wash and the attendant tells me to let him know if I ever want to sell it because he wants to buy it. Now I know there are a lot of fine cars running through that car wash so I thought that was interesting. Then I went to Sears to have the alignment done after replacing the rack, and the mechanic asked if the car was for sale. He started telling me how he collects Camaros and he is not the only one.

Then I start looking online after seeing the new Camaro photos in the Car & Driver at the library. Maybe I can hold out for the new release. And I find all you guys. It is good to know I am not alone. Are there other women on the forum? Geez, I am a housewife, entrepreneur, native Floridian transplanted to NJ. My other car is a motorcycle. Neither it nor the Camaro are very good in the winter, but here I am. Joining the club.

7CAMARO7 09-02-2008 06:21 PM

you are awesome!

NOODLESgoneWILD 09-02-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmiller (Post 123647)
My friends make fun of me because I have held onto my Camaro even though it has 185,000 miles on it. I have blown the head gaskets, replaced the rack and pinion, and yes, so much more.

I thought something was wrong with me that I could not let this car go. Maybe being nostalgic, trying to hold onto my youth. My husband bought me the car the year I turned 30. Now I'm 40 and we've been a lot of places together. Three kids learned to drive in that car. Even with the head gasket incident, it has never left me on the side of the road.

So I'm feeling like an idiot because I keep trying to keep her going. Then I start realizing there are others like me. I go to the car wash and the attendant tells me to let him know if I ever want to sell it because he wants to buy it. Now I know there are a lot of fine cars running through that car wash so I thought that was interesting. Then I went to Sears to have the alignment done after replacing the rack, and the mechanic asked if the car was for sale. He started telling me how he collects Camaros and he is not the only one.

Then I start looking online after seeing the new Camaro photos in the Car & Driver at the library. Maybe I can hold out for the new release. And I find all you guys. It is good to know I am not alone. Are there other women on the forum? Geez, I am a housewife, entrepreneur, native Floridian transplanted to NJ. My other car is a motorcycle. Neither it nor the Camaro are very good in the winter, but here I am. Joining the club.

Great story, welcome to the family!!!!!

Were all a bite nutty here, but OH so :wub: lovable!:wub: Enjoy!!!!!

The_Blur 09-02-2008 07:43 PM

We're in it with you.

I, of course, will be complaining about my POS along the way. At least you're holding onto your car by choice. ;)

Silverghost 09-02-2008 07:53 PM

Welcome, I laugh whenever I hear someone say that GM does not build quality cars..... 121,000 miles and still running strong:D

GTAHVIT 09-02-2008 08:00 PM

Welcome to the site Kmiller!

:wave:

brotherben 09-02-2008 08:03 PM

welcome to the site. Im a Floridian to still living in central Florida 4th generation. I got a 94 with 148,000 and still going. (I hope to get to 250 or 300)

z28collection 09-02-2008 09:12 PM

welcome

welcome to the site and dont let that camaro go.

radz28 09-03-2008 02:26 PM

WELCOME! Don't listen to those that laugh. They couldn't understand the pride you have with your car ;)

TRIXXTERR 09-03-2008 04:58 PM

Sheesh Thats All The Miles Ya'll Got..Com'on..201,578 MilesIs What My 96 Z Is Showing rite now. But what do you expect it's the ONLY car i havebetween My wife and I. (we Poor).lol Driven daily 32 miles round trip to work. It Will have many more by the time we get back from INDY .Still Runs like it should.Misc.things go out but thats expected with any high mile vehicle...

Oh AND WELCOME TO THE SITE!..

Maddog78 09-03-2008 05:03 PM

Welcome.
I like hearing stories like that.