Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2018 Camaro Fest (VIII) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=310)
-   -   Camaro Fest VIII - Camaro Cross Thread (sponsored by JP Superior Solutions) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530844)

Tenfive 07-14-2018 08:02 AM

My heavy ass convertible with stock crap brakes and less than optimal tires went 36.6 , i drifted the car on a few of those turns durjng the 36.6 run the corvette and cadillac and 1LEs were getting their money worth

whiskeyfed 07-14-2018 09:51 AM

I was awesomely surprised with my times when compared to the V8 crowd. This little 4 cyl is great with the autocross course. Did my best run with a passenger too.

ssmike 07-14-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenamie (Post 10248914)
PRELIMINARY Results for Friday are posted below. As stated in drivers' meeting, top 3 in each class and each session are invited back for finals. Due to some drivers competing in multiple sessions (up to 2 are allowed) we may add other fast drivers to get the total of 9 for each class to compete in the finals. Final qualifiers will be announced as soon as possible after the Saturday morning session! Apologies if the format is a little hard to read, wanted to get these results out as soon as possible.

We hope everyone enjoyed the new format this year!
Code:

--------------------------------------------------------------
CamaroCross
PRELIMINARY Summary Results - Friday Morning - Fri 07-13-2018
Timed Entries: 26
Pos.    Class    #    Rookie    Driver    Car Model    Total    Diff.    From 1st
'c1' Total Entries: 5
1T        14        Bob Toms        37.607    [-]0.264    -
2T        22        Pat Mulligan        37.871    +0.264    +0.264
3T        24        Tom Brewer        39.233    +1.362    +1.626
4        23        Emmanuel Kennedy        40.235    +1.002    +2.628
5        18        Wayne Ivy        40.895    +0.660    +3.288
'c2' Total Entries: 9
1T        3        Randy Adametz        36.257    [-]0.424    -
2T        12        Rich Wine        36.681    +0.424    +0.424
3T        2        Michael Grear        37.117    +0.436    +0.860
4T        1        Robert Foley        38.375    +1.258    +2.118
5T        20        Adam Rothermel        39.052    +0.677    +2.795
6T        7        Michael Carpenter        39.155    +0.103    +2.898
7        15        Greg Moses        39.444    +0.289    +3.187
8        11        Brandi Wine        41.032    +1.588    +4.775
9        6        Wendy Donofrio        41.637    +0.605    +5.380
'c3' Total Entries: 6
1T        4        Ryan Wilhelm        35.174    [-]1.431    -
2T        29        Chris Levangie        36.605    +1.431    +1.431
3T        8        Jason Kaltz        37.328    +0.723    +2.154
4T        25        Logan Davis        37.379    +0.051    +2.205
5T        9        Kelsey Royer        37.741    +0.362    +2.567
6        21        Matt Rogers        dnf    +37.741    +37.741
'c4' Total Entries: 4
1T        81        Brian Shelley        32.976    [-]2.225    -
2T        5        Jason Jensen        35.201    +2.225    +2.225
3T        27        Ralph Richey        35.525    +0.324    +2.549
4T        19        Michael Asher        36.221    +0.696    +3.245
'c5' Total Entries: 3
1T        17        Jim Buckley        33.620    +1.492    +1.492
2T        10        Tim Beek        33.699    +0.723    +0.723
3        16        Dale Schoolcraft        34.164    -    -


Code:

--------------------------------------------------------------

CamaroCross
PRELIMINARY Summary Results - Friday Afternoon - Fri 07-13-2018
Timed Entries: 27
Pos.    Class    #    Rookie    Driver    Car Model    Total    Diff.    From 1st
'c1' Total Entries: 1
1T        44        Justin Kepsel        38.779    -    -
'c2' Total Entries: 11
1T        37        Mike Long        33.867    [-]0.403    -
2T        45        Larry Armstrong        34.270    +0.403    +0.403
3T        35        Sean Kraut        35.710    +1.440    +1.843
4T        12        Rich Wine        36.725    +1.015    +2.858
5T        34        Brent Broge        37.041    +0.316    +3.174
6T        33        Justin Terry        37.221    +0.180    +3.354
7        56        Sean Donofrio        37.702    +0.481    +3.835
8        31        Troy DeLong        37.926    +0.224    +4.059
9        32        John Fesler        38.462    +0.536    +4.595
10        43        Bill Rankin        40.377    +1.915    +6.510
11        41        Chase Whitsken        41.652    +1.275    +7.785
'c3' Total Entries: 10
1T        30        Kevin Kelly        34.588    [-]0.363    -
2T        48        Tim Emberton        34.951    +0.363    +0.363
3T        49        Matt Grogan        35.748    +0.797    +1.160
4T        21        Matt Rogers        35.955    +0.207    +1.367
5T        47        David Moderow        36.208    +0.253    +1.620
6        39        Brian Wilcox        36.441    +0.233    +1.853
7        52        Chad Gresham        37.235    +0.794    +2.647
8        40        Andrew Charles        38.315    +1.080    +3.727
9        42        Ivan Tovar        38.846    +0.531    +4.258
10        36        Michael McCoy        39.955    +1.109    +5.367
'c4' Total Entries: 4
1T        81        Brian Shelley        33.345    [-]2.352    -
2T        5        Jason Jensen        35.697    +2.352    +2.352
3        38        Zack Arison        35.953    +0.256    +2.608
4        19        Michael Asher        36.312    +0.359    +2.967
'c5' Total Entries: 1
1T        46        Ben Koeske        39.709    -    -


Looks like I qualified (02 micheal Grear) but I won’t be there for the finals. Open spot for someone to move up!

Tenfive 07-15-2018 10:49 AM

Same here . I was running at the drag strip too ( ran low et and made it to the semi finals ) my brakes were shot after running autocross so many times and down the quarter mile , lol.

HYPER1LE 07-15-2018 10:25 PM

I want to extend my sincere appreciation to all of the organizers of CamaroFest 8. I had a great time! Looking forward to CamaroFest 9!

Tenfive 07-16-2018 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HYPER1LE (Post 10250789)
I want to extend my sincere appreciation to all of the organizers of CamaroFest 8. I had a great time! Looking forward to CamaroFest 9!

Larry it was great meeting you , I already put on new brakes . The wolf needed some new pads after the dragon and camarocross. Lol

its a syn 07-16-2018 04:46 AM

So much fun , Camarocross it was a blast again this year. JPSS crew thank you for a great volunteer job. We should get a JPSS crew catagory. You all deserve a chance also. Thanx for another great year!!!.

HYPER1LE 07-16-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenfive (Post 10250983)
Larry it was great meeting you , I already put on new brakes . The wolf needed some new pads after the dragon and camarocross. Lol

Chris, it was a pleasure meeting you too. Glad to hear you got new brake pads. Indeed, it would be no fun not to be able to stop when needed...lol. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. I think it would be cool to run Sebring or Daytona sometime in the not too distant future so if anything like that or a vacation brings me down that way, I’ll be in touch!

mlee 07-17-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenfive (Post 10250086)
Same here . I was running at the drag strip too ( ran low et and made it to the semi finals ) my brakes were shot after running autocross so many times and down the quarter mile , lol.

^^^ Sounds like someone got the most out of CamaroFest.

Love this post...:smoking:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HYPER1LE (Post 10250789)
I want to extend my sincere appreciation to all of the organizers of CamaroFest 8. I had a great time! Looking forward to CamaroFest 9!

You are very welcome. Melanie, Pete and their team did an awesome job with CamaroCross this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by its a syn (Post 10250985)
So much fun , Camarocross it was a blast again this year. JPSS crew thank you for a great volunteer job. We should get a JPSS crew catagory. You all deserve a chance also. Thanx for another great year!!!.

Those guys and gals have worked together for a few years now and really knocked it out of the park this year. We are so fortunate to have them working their butts off in the heat.

whiskeyfed 07-23-2018 08:38 AM

I'd like to extend on Hyper's comment. This was my first time running autocross and I have to say, I had a blast!!!

The ONLY thing I would change for next year is to maybe do a CamaroFest App so that everyone can see updated times for drag racing and autocross. I think it would be a cool idea. :noidea:

All in all, great event Mike & team, and I'm glad I can continue to bring my 4-cyl to this event. See you next year!!!

:first::first::first:

mlee 07-23-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskeyfed (Post 10259138)
I'd like to extend on Hyper's comment. This was my first time running autocross and I have to say, I had a blast!!!

The ONLY thing I would change for next year is to maybe do a CamaroFest App so that everyone can see updated times for drag racing and autocross. I think it would be a cool idea. :noidea:

All in all, great event Mike & team, and I'm glad I can continue to bring my 4-cyl to this event. See you next year!!!

:first::first::first:

The App idea is a great one and we've been discussing it, however drag racing schedules are crazy to try and keep updated that quickly. They did have a radio station and we will try and get racers parked near the speakers next time. The Friday morning Oil down set everything back 1.5 hrs and as most know the best planned drag schedule never works out. I promise we will work on that stuff though and glad you had a blast.

wrankin 07-23-2018 02:49 PM

I had a blast doing this for the very first time. Only got in three runs because I was trying to drag race too. What is the definition of the classes C1, C2, C3 C4 and C5? Assuming "Stock", "Modified", "Super Modified" and "Unlimited", but that only makes 4.

Bill

whiskeyfed 07-24-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrankin (Post 10259571)
I had a blast doing this for the very first time. Only got in three runs because I was trying to drag race too. What is the definition of the classes C1, C2, C3 C4 and C5? Assuming "Stock", "Modified", "Super Modified" and "Unlimited", but that only makes 4.

Bill

I think they took all the information we entered re tire size, engine, suspension and brake modifications, and made a determination based on the totality of those things.

13BlackCamaroSS 07-24-2018 06:50 PM

I know I was told only 1st place got a trophy so I just folded my last lap knowing that I wasn't gonna catch 1st so I saved my car but my times before thathe were good enough for 2nd if I would have been told proper info.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.