CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   My new 2016 SS (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481047)

sworn 01-18-2017 10:36 PM

My new 2016 SS

Hey Guy's, this is my new 2016 Nightfall Gray SS 2SS. Just picked it up yesterday. Price was 33K, sold as a CPO vehicle with 3800 miles. No open recalls and as far as I can tell no rear end growl. The A8 Oil cooler line was also fixed prior to purchase. As mentioned in an earlier thread, traded my Mustang GT for the Camaro.....The Mustang was definitely a great car, but I'm honestly blown away by the Camaro. Love the HUD and sunroof, both options unavailable on the Ford. First mod is going to be window tint!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psz1bvyvtp.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ps5t3fnxkf.jpg

laynlo15 01-18-2017 10:40 PM

Congrats, thanks for switching. We are a tight group of fast ass SS Camaros. You will enjoy the A8 and Lt1. Its just killer. Take a look at my car and others and you'll see you've made a great choice.

Block8head 01-18-2017 11:04 PM

Congrats and welcome!!

RA1987 01-18-2017 11:15 PM

Congrats!

sworn 01-18-2017 11:22 PM

Thanks guy's! :)

This forum has been a great resource BTW. Absolutely helped me in my purchase!

OMEN 01-18-2017 11:41 PM

congrtaz , what a great color to have

SSFanboy 01-18-2017 11:44 PM

What a beauty! And that's a killer deal for a gently-used 2SS. The car is already broken in for you. :) So one word of warning. If you frequent this forum, you may eventually catch "mod fever" which comes with a side of horsepower and/or style envy. Before you know it, you'll be willing to sell your first-born just to get mods that some of the forum members have installed...and some of these mods are very expensive. You're probably already familiar with this phenomenon since you previously owned a Mustang. Enjoy your new car and welcome to the Camaro6 forum!

JaxChris 01-18-2017 11:54 PM

Why wait for the 2018 Mustang to play catch up, own a Camaro today. Good choice.

avalonandl 01-19-2017 07:58 AM

Congrats....

BrianL 01-19-2017 08:09 AM

beautiful color combo! After window tint, what is next?

sworn 01-19-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSFanboy (Post 9513355)
What a beauty! And that's a killer deal for a gently-used 2SS. The car is already broken in for you. :) So one word of warning. If you frequent this forum, you may eventually catch "mod fever" which comes with a side of horsepower and/or style envy. Before you know it, you'll be willing to sell your first-born just to get mods that some of the forum members have installed...and some of these mods are very expensive. You're probably already familiar with this phenomenon since you previously owned a Mustang. Enjoy your new car and welcome to the Camaro6 forum!

I initially looked at the car about a week before I purchased it. The dealer had it priced at 33,900. A few days after I looked at the Camaro they changed the price to 35,900.....

At that point I was really debating if I wanted to get rid of the Mustang. This was pretty much my biggest stumbling block. The dealership called to do a "Follow up." I stated that I would NOT be interested at the higher price point. With that in mind they said they would honor the initial price. I also took into consideration that the prices for these cars will be considerably higher in the Spring. They basically wanted to move the car because RWD V8's don't sell well during a Chicago winter! LOL!

I'm all too familiar with the mudding bug!:biggrin:

After the window tint I want to pick up the plug in module that disables the AFM. BTW if anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know!

And thanks for all the kind words guy's!

SSFanboy 01-19-2017 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sworn (Post 9513783)
I initially looked at the car about a week before I purchased it. The dealer had it priced at 33,900. A few days after I looked at the Camaro they changed the price to 35,900.....

At that point I was really debating if I wanted to get rid of the Mustang. This was pretty much my biggest stumbling block. The dealership called to do a "Follow up." I stated that I would NOT be interested at the higher price point. With that in mind they said they would honor the initial price. I also took into consideration that the prices for these cars will be considerably higher in the Spring. They basically wanted to move the car because RWD V8's don't sell well during a Chicago winter! LOL!

I'm all too familiar with the mudding bug!:biggrin:

After the window tint I want to pick up the plug in module that disables the AFM. BTW if anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know!

And thanks for all the kind words guy's!

You could disable AFM with a custom tune, but that could also void your warranty. Here's a plug and play option that seems to be the most popular on the forums:
https://www.rangetechnology.com/prod...V8?add=Buy+now

I actually purchased this, and then 1 month later, I decided to install a Magnuson Supercharger. The Magnuson tune doesn't disable AFM, but I will soon get a custom tune that will disable it. If you want the Range module, I can sell it for $100 which is half of what I purchased it for. There's one thing you should be aware of. I've heard that if you're not going to drive the vehicle for 3+ days, you should remove it from the ODP port; otherwise, it could potentially drain your battery. I've heard some say they've left it in for a week or more without having issues, but I guess it depends on the age of your battery. In any case, it's something to keep in mind before considering this option.
Attachment 845663

Jeffro19 01-19-2017 03:51 PM

Nice congrats!

freddyD 01-19-2017 04:03 PM

She's a beauty! Enjoy!